This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question: Is Massey-Ferguson part of AGCO?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question: Is Massey-Ferguson part of AGCO?
    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 11:19am
Just wondering, because I have something that I was wanting to post here for sale, but didn't want to step on any toes?   Thanks, Rick
Sponsored Links

victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 1:48pm
Agco stands for Allis Gleaner Company. Most died hard Allis folks have a hatred for Massey because it’s what’s forced upon us.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 3:06pm
^ That. ^
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 9:37pm
Was just asking...didn't mean to pi$$ anyone off here!

Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 9:38pm
By the way...I KNOW that AGCO stands for Allis Gleaner Company...

LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 11:12pm
To answer your question Rick, YES, Massey Ferguson is owned by AGCO and has been for several years now.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 12:33am
Sure, no problem Rick. If you have something Massey to list, i'm sure no one will hold it against you, you'll prolly have good luck here because quite a few Allis guys have Massey stuff cause they don't want to go Green or (IH) Red. Some are even Agco/Massey dealers on here.
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 6:57am
Rick the ones it would P!$$ off  wouldn't matter any way. Go for it. 
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 6:58am
Lionel/Alex...Thank you...that's all I wanted to know...Merry Christmas to you guys!
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 7:11am
Yep. I'm one of those who went to using Massey because of dealer loyalty and not wanting to go green or the other red. From my experience so far Massey makes a good dependable tractor. Still use our Orange also.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 7:12am
If it fits a perkins, there's a chance it could fit a 170/175D, so it's worth the gamble lol! Agco bought MF almost 30 years ago. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 9:07am
Thanks, Ed...I usually only go to the local AGCO dealer nearest me (about 40 miles one way) and deal with them and can't ever remember anything there, except Allis Chalmers and New Holland tractors in their lot. It wasn't until roughly 5-6 years ago that I thought I remembered some folks talking about that on here, thus the question! LOL! I'm getting older now, but didn't think I was that slow, but...could be I am!  LOL
brodersen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 9:28am
ihave a 7620 Massey that i wish someone else had. always something wrong with it replaced waterpump at 800 hrs then took chip out lately hose under cab broke and fan clutch went out   not near the tractor the agcos were.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 12:39pm
It wouldn't bother me in the least if you posted it hear and pictures would really make it great.  If I had to buy a different color it would be a Massey.  I've used my friends and they are a comfortable tractor.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 1:20pm
2 years ago, when I turned 65 , went to local AGco/MF dealer to buy a SCUTLB.... after 1/2hr of waiting for the sales guy( busy fixin chainsaw....), I gave up, went to Kubota where Iwas welcomed with open arms, got the deal I wanted.....

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 5:59am
Originally posted by caledonian caledonian wrote:

Yep. I'm one of those who went to using Massey because of dealer loyalty and not wanting to go green or the other red. From my experience so far Massey makes a good dependable tractor. Still use our Orange also.

Bought my first Deere a couple years ago and will eventually add more. When Allis closed up a fair number of engineers when to Deere and it shows. My 8760 has the feel of a 8000 series Allis in the cab.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 9:03am
Not too impressed when my cousin bought a brand new 90 hp Massey loader tractor. Not sure on the model, the engine is only a 3 cylinder and it looks like you could sling that little engine on your shoulders and carry it to the shop...... kinda ugly too with the extremely sloped hood and a cheap plastic buddy seat. Hope he doesn't read this.

BTW I don't think anyone would complain no matter what brand you want to try and sell here. I sure wouldn't complain.

Edited by Lonn - 18 Dec 2020 at 9:05am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 12:18pm
Before Massy Ferguson it was Massy Harris.
 I make grill screens for the Massy Harris models, 22-23, 30, 33-44, 55, 101.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 7:38pm
So...What it is that you have for sale? May as well post it. Anyone that's not interested can scroll right on past it. I always thought this forum was for AC enthusiasts, If a member that has a pretty good status want's to list something that's not orange, I'm ok with that. I've seen Fords, Chevy's and lots of off color items posted here and have never been offended, if I'm not interested, I keep looking.
Leon B MO
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Rick Rick wrote:

Just wondering, because I have something that I was wanting to post here for sale, but didn't want to step on any toes?   Thanks, Rick
So what ya gots to sell?

If I was to get an older Massey it would be an 1100 or 1130 judging by what I've heard of them. Though I help put a fan belt on an older Massey..... no fun.

-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
KMAG View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:43pm
So our AC shows should include the Massey and Massey Ferguson guys?
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 7:42am
If by AC shows you mean Gathering Of The Orange/GOTO, they are hosted by antique tractor clubs that mostly allow all makes of tractors, and feature a different make at their show each year.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 8:21am
Originally posted by KMAG KMAG wrote:

So our AC shows should include the Massey and Massey Ferguson guys?
Pew, NO!
But I think one could sell any brand on this site.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

If by AC shows you mean Gathering Of The Orange/GOTO, they are hosted by antique tractor clubs that mostly allow all makes of tractors, and feature a different make at their show each year.
I suspect not for the Gathering of the Orange, AC only and that's the way it ought to be. I know The Orange Spectacular is AC only. Now I think that does include tractors that AC bought out and sold the remaining inventory under the AC umbrella and may include AGCO tractors but for these type of shows it would be a stretch to bring a Massey or Oliver or Minnie.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 8:34am
Always looking for a decent Massey Harris 444... never anything close enough to make it worth the look.
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
VAfarmboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 10:22pm
Interested in a 44 Diesel?
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 7:51am
     When Dad bought his new 1950 WD  the competition was a 44 Massey Harris. He always thought the MH tractors at that time were pretty decent. Traded a John Deere A in on the AC then all AC after that. In the 1960's a neighbor had a 300 MF combine. Said that if it ever caught fire he would try to extinguish it with a can of gasoline. There were lots of different colors around the neighborhood back in the 50's and everyone seemed to get their work done. So Rick, what are you selling?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic