This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about a "C"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwh96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about a "C"
    Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 9:39pm

Anyone know how to get more power for pulling out of a C?

Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 9:59pm
Ya could bolt up a 160 series II D15 engine to her. Be even cooler to have a WBC like the prototype in Norm's book with a 226 in it instead of the 201.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Ya could bolt up a 160 series II D15 engine to her. Be even cooler to have a WBC like the prototype in Norm's book with a 226 in it instead of the 201.

Charlie, you wouldn't have a way of posting a picture of that, if there is one, would you?
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 10:14pm
How much more power are you looking for? If you are pulling in a stock oriented class with original size un-cut tires a good running stock C can hold it's own. I've won many 3,000 lb. class pulls with nothing more exotic than a CA governor spring and proper weighting. BTW the CA spring is good for about 150 rpms that works out to 10% over that our local rules allow. Good Luck! Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
dwh96 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwh96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 11:33pm
I run 9/24s for tires right now i have 18 horse but aloud 24 i keep just barley getting beat by a farmall 230 my motor has never been apart is there sleeves in it. thanks for all the help im just a 14 year old AC fan. Dalton

Edited by dwh96 - 24 Feb 2011 at 11:45pm
Hephner pulling team draggin sleds since 09
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 5:43am
From what you said about the rules about all your going to be able to do is to put in an over bore kit and mill the head. 18 horse is a little low for the C to start with.

Take a trip thru these pictures for some ideas.  I would be glad to help. You can more that double the HP in the C but it takes money. http://public.fotki.com/DickL/allis_chalmers_engi/

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:09pm
There is a picture in Norm's book of the WBC prototype but i can't find my book right now. My desk has been displaced and everything has been a mess for the last week or so.
 I think a young fellow wanting to learn can do a lot of good for himself by looking at Dick's pictures and talking to him. 
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
SteveC(NS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveC(NS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 2:56pm
Dick, I've always wondered how much compression increase one could get from milling the head. I mean almost 1/2 of it is flat anyway. just curious, do you have any specs. as to how many thou. would produce what comp. ratio change?
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 6:40pm
No! I don't have any specs but when you remove even a small amout of space of an already small space it makes a difference.   
dwh96 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwh96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 10:06pm
Thanks for all the help guys im really glad i ran across this site.
Hephner pulling team draggin sleds since 09
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic