This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pumpkin Spice ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pumpkin Spice ??
    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:48pm
What is the pumpkin/spice rage all of a sudden this autumn ?? Seems like EVERY restaurant/coffee creamer add on tv is pushing the stuff ConfusedConfused ??
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:47am
Been happening for years already. They do it to beer, have fun with it.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:43pm
people are just bored! ---gives them something to do instead of getting off their dead asses and going to work!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 2:14pm
  AMEN  

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Nope Wink
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 5:37pm
Yep, even have a recurring Pumpkin Wine festival at Wenwood Winery outside of Mt Sterling ANNUALLY since 2008.  Local breweries run Spiced Beer for Turkey Day season, other wineries sell specialty Punkin Spiced whatever, Cookies, Mulled Wines, Pies.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Right over his head...Wink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:16pm
I don’t get the craze either. Don’t get wrong, I love pumpkin pie. I like beer. I don’t want my beer to taste like pumpkin. I don’t my pumpkin to taste like beer.
I like coffee, don’t want to taste like anything else , ‘cept coffee.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:07am
I'm with Lars. Don't want anything in my coffee but coffee. Same with all other foods. Just just let me have the original recipe and skip all the broo-ha.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:13am
Our Niece is a flavored coffee aficionado, she gets into the Latte and Spice drinks with flavored creamers.  She is who set us on the Wenwood events. 

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 6:29pm
The advertising boys need something new and different to talk about. Way the heck and gone in the 70's Micky D's was selling green milk shakes for St Paddies day. I don't even think it was mint flavor in the beginning. And people bought the new and different. So more every year. I would of said pumpkin spice thing was 30 years already. Maybe $  Starbucks $$$$$$$ was the one promoting it in the beginning.

I had never been to a Starbucks until 6 or 7 years ago and my wife a teacher was using here gift cards parents had given her. Way to Yuppy as well as priced out of site. But the last 2 or 3 years of my mil's life a caramel coffee was the best treat you could get her. Wink Not that she would not of liked a shot of brandy in it too, but with all the meds not a good mix. LOL So I must say I even got so I could use their lingo to order it from the drive thru. 

Yes I have tried the pumpkin beer Thumbs Down  as it has showed up for the stockholder Thanksgiving a time or 2. And have dodged the coffee some way.

Edited by Ray54 - 17 Oct 2021 at 6:39pm
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

I don’t get the craze either. Don’t get wrong, I love pumpkin pie. I like beer. I don’t want my beer to taste like pumpkin. I don’t my pumpkin to taste like beer.

Ok, I'll throw a loop at you. Have you tried the coffee flavored beers?
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by truckerfarmer truckerfarmer wrote:

Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Ok, I'll throw a loop at you. Have you tried the coffee flavored beers?

I have not tried them, yet. HEB sells coffee pods(Kereig) that is Bourbon Vanilla, and a Bourbon flavor. I myself don’t care for it, my wife likes it. Can’t remember which if it’s Jim Beam, or Jack Daniels on the label.
I prefer ‘breakfast blend. My loving wife, at any one time has at least 8 to 10 different flavors of coffee in the house.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 3:27am
I’m with you on this Lars, wife bought a K-cup maker so can make it as strong or weak as wants then went to the frufru coffees.
The maker also has a SS carafe that without a burner will keep my regular coffee warm a long time without burning which I prefer.

I tried her Bourbon Barrel flavored, not really cared for, if want whiskey taste will add some to regular coffee.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic