This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pulling injectors/ model froty-five road grader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pulling injectors/ model froty-five road grader
    Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 2:34pm
I think I am going to have to pull the injectors on my recently acquired model forty-five road grader. The engine is stuck, I don't really think that it can be too bad, because it did turn over less than 2 years ago, and all openings were covered. The engine is the 516 Buda/Allis, and I believe it has the Lanova type injectors, which I know nothing about. Is there a trick, or proper procedure to follow or anything like that involved, or just remove lines and bolts til they come out? Any special pullers involved or anything? And if I do get them out, will there be a wide open shot to spray some oil into the cylinders? Any advice? Thanks, Darrel
Sponsored Links

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 3:56pm
You should't need special tools for removing the injector on 516 BUDA ALLIS  after removed the bolt nuts just noke on side injector and he should loosed
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 4:25pm
Darrel,

You can make a pulling  tool fairly simply.

The thread on the back of the injector is 22 x 1.5mm, which you can cut in a piece of 3/4" water pipe.  Then you need to add a slide hammer of some sort - shouldn't need to be fancy.  Then you can spray into the cylinder easily.

Orangeman improved on this with a thread based tool for the restricted space in a loader and it is in a previous post.

I also made a copy of an Allis "injection pipe wrench" by cutting a long 3/4" impact socket, also previously posted - can't remember which thread.  Handy for the pump end if you need it.

We've just had an axle bearing collapse, so I now know what is in one tandem box and further in.  They have one solid axle!  i've got the bearing numbers for in there if needed. 
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 6:05pm
I bought an m100 grader with the engine locked up, i put a large spanner on the end of the crank and rocked it back and forth till i felt it give way and i had it turning over freely , I then turned it over with the injector removed with the starter moter til had oil pressure, put injectors back in and it fired right up and ran very well  "but then" i noticed it had very high oil pressure turns out it was the main bearings that were locked up and not the pistons and when i put the spanner on the crank and felt it frree up it was the bearing turning in the block ,  just a thought if i had of dropped the sump and checked the bearings could have saved a lot of $$

damaged crank and block  means lots of $$$$

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 7:57pm
Hmmmmm. Now you all have me thinking hard on what to do. The high oil pressure situation has me concerned, but I seriously doubt that the bearings are stuck, but it definitely could be. I'll keep you posted. Thanks, Darrel
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 3:54pm
See post on Allis/Buda Injector Pintles of July 4th!

Credit to Ian who replied to my original post.  His comments spurred me to make my own puller.  Sometime from a little kernel of help comes great success.  

Hope the above post is of help.  

Orangeman
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 11:21pm
If I pull the injectors on this unit, do I need any new sealing rings or anything when I go to put them back in? Darrel
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 12:54am
Darrel,

I might have sinned, but!

The Allis manual says "yes", but ours weren't showing damage and I just annealed them and they seem to work OK
shengzhense1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shengzhense1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 1:51am
it's nice
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 9:08am
If I did happen to need new sealing rings, are they still available? Darrel
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 4:23pm
Darrel,

Not sure.

I'd start with somewhere like MinnPar if I needed them
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 4:25pm
Part no was 4511204
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic