This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pudding ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pudding ??
    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 4:25pm
Is rice pudding and tapioca pudding the same "animal" ?? I'm currently watching "101 Fast foods" on the History Chanel and rice pudding is in the lower 80's .I learned why a Hush Puppy is called what it is also Wink !!
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 4:32pm
IIRC tapioca pudding is a variant of rice pudding. I have not had any rice pudding in years. Apparently rice pudding is not as popular as it once was. Maybe some of the culinary experts will chime in.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 4:35pm
In my world, no. 

Rice pudding, when I was growing up, is a thick milk shake like constancy served warm with some raisins or dates mixed it along with some cinnamon.

Tapioca is more pudding like and thicker served cold. The tapioca starch forms "fish eyes" and has more of a vanilla flavor. 

Of course, like chili, people can call something the the same thing but is different in other areas of the country.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 5:35pm
Not the same thing in my world either.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 5:41pm
I can't say that I've ever had rice pudding, but I love tapioca pudding and the 2 "looked" like the same consistency Embarrassed .
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 6:03pm
Good ole homemade rice pudding. Sure would like to have some.
Jenny makes the best bread pudding. Gonna have to hint.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 6:09pm
Never cared for Rice Pudding, love Tapioca.

Is a manmade starch product, not rice originated.

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 9:18pm
Tapioca is the starch extracted from the cassava root, a tuber used as a food staple in many parts of the world. Cassava is a native vegetable of South America that grows in tropical and subtropical regions.Sep 22, 2020
The Cassava plant if eaten raw makes you sicker than a dog. I  know this because one of the priests that I worked with had to give it a try. Don't know how much he had, just a taste, and it was not a happy thing.   The natives would grind the root and squeeze out the juice and make a pancake like product that did not taste to bad.  Course that was cooked on a hot plate.     How the tapioca is made from this plant, I am not sure.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 9:20pm
This was when I worked in Venezuela and went to visit some people more to the south in the Amazon region.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 4:59am
How can you have your pudding, if you won't eat your meat?Wink

Sorry, Floyd...WinkWink

Edited by DiyDave - 22 Feb 2021 at 5:01am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 7:28am
Looked like the same consistency....kind of pudding like in consistency! Big smile
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 10:37am
don't worry Dave, I do like some of Pink Floyd music...but I use their name a lot since it is mine...
Both Tapioca and Rice pudding have their distinct flavor, mostly a little sweet and bland unless you put something in to flavor them.  With rice I like raisins.

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Looked like the same consistency....kind of pudding like in consistency! Big smile

You are SOOOO wrong that it's an embarrassmentCryCry !!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:05pm
like mash potatoes and apple sauce ? Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:19pm
Not even sure how to reply to that BS statement Confused !! 
A more useful comment from you (apparently you're a Ford guy) is WHY my '05 Ford 250 Super Duty  manual doesn't have an oil change interval in it WinkWink !!

Edited by FREEDGUY - 22 Feb 2021 at 6:24pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:33pm
well, if you look at the 2005 SERVICE Manual book, it does say " change oil at 5000 mile intervals  "

Edited by steve(ill) - 22 Feb 2021 at 6:36pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:41pm
Is that in the OM?? Is this something that the previous owner THREW out of the window but left the OM ?? Dad's '11 model has it in the OM WinkWink !! BTW, there's NO comparison between "pudding" consistency of generic flavors and tapioca ClapClap !! Tbone "again", just spews LOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 8:01pm
All FORD vehicles i have ever bought had a pouch with 3-4 different small books in it.. one is about tires , one is warranty, one is Operations and one is MAINTENANCE... Operations just tells you how to operate the truck... In the back i think it would have the TYPE of oil  / antifreeze to use, but not WHEN to change.. that is in the Maintenance book.

Edited by steve(ill) - 22 Feb 2021 at 8:08pm
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 8:49pm
Freed, that's why I drive a Chevy,  no need to know the oil change interval I just have them change it when they're working on it. Wink

Edited by Kansas99 - 22 Feb 2021 at 8:50pm
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Is that in the OM?? Is this something that the previous owner THREW out of the window but left the OM ?? Dad's '11 model has it in the OM WinkWink !! BTW, there's NO comparison between "pudding" consistency of generic flavors and tapioca ClapClap !! Tbone "again", just spews LOLLOL

So sorry to have triggered you. Do ya think I’ve never had tapioca before? Aside from the little fish eyes themselves, the gooey stuff around it reminds me of...what’s the word... oh yeah, PUDDING. Are you still embarrassed?

What a putz.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:44pm
Tbone... the THICKNESS of pudding is a Life and Death type thing !! Wink
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 4:51am
just another of gassy's thixotropic topics...Wink
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:22am
I thought it was the thickness of the oil that was life and death for the engine... ... therefore you could use one pudding and not the other in a pinch
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:39am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Tbone... the THICKNESS of pudding is a Life and Death type thing !! Wink
Yeah, I know, I really don't know how I could have  been so crass and careless.  Heaven forbid try to have a bit of fun and go all OFF TOPIC and INCORRECT!Ermm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:55am
OFF TOPIC ???  We were talking about PUDDING and that led to Oil Changes and a LOST service manual for a TRUCK !!  ..... who gets OFF TOPIC ?? Clap
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:52pm
But I want to talk puddan LOLsince this is the pudding show. You all do know there be a little island in the Atlantic that is really confused and calls cake pudding. They have a Figgie pudding, bread pudding, hasty pudding..............but ant none of them soft and  pudding like. LOL An some times they are really good too. Angry But they baked all the soft gooey out of it.Confused 

But then the crazy Americans got a pudding cake that's a real cake Confused with pudden hid inside. LOL Somebody needs to get this mess put in order. Confused Pudding that's cake just cannot be puddan.LOL
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 5:13pm
I really don't care whether he puts rice puddin or tapioca in his f-150.  Now , is it synthetic puddin or reg'lar puddin?Wink
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

I really don't care whether he puts rice puddin or tapioca in his f-150.  Now , is it synthetic puddin or reg'lar puddin?Wink

Well, you are about as attentive as Trump CryCry, I run an F250, see NO reason to mock a pudding ??, and according to "some" of you guys, running a legitimate ?? off of the rails is 100% OK ??? Make up your minds LOLLOL !! 
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

All FORD vehicles i have ever bought had a pouch with 3-4 different small books in it.. one is about tires , one is warranty, one is Operations and one is MAINTENANCE... Operations just tells you how to operate the truck... In the back i think it would have the TYPE of oil  / antifreeze to use, but not WHEN to change.. that is in the Maintenance book.

Thank you for the "list" of  manuals, I only have the OM for '05, with no intervals Ouch. Yet dad dug into his '11  Ford OM and it was in that ConfusedConfused?? Thanks again

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:24pm
well I KNOW for a fact, that the owners' manual for my ride, '97 F150, does NOT have the wheel nut torque footpounds ANYWHERE in it......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic