This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Propane at TSC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane at TSC
    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:08am
Just got propane fill of 20 pounder at Tractor Supply. Now it is $4.17 per gallon.
This store is 25 months old,  price back then was $2.39 per gallon.

Sponsored Links

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:58am
I got two one hundred pounders filled yesterday at a cenex, Cost me $180! I about $hit a brick!!!
Darrel
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 9:06am
Sounds like the utopia is about to wear off in this country...
 A twelve dollar inner-tube is now $32 bucks...

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 11:32am
Wink Filling small propane tanks is crazy. Confused One place that is by the highway and fills your car if you have it on propane is cheaper on small tanks than fill a 2 to 500 gal tank at your house by a lot. The tank I filled was for a forklift so maybe it was so cheap because no road tax as if for a car. But never much of a deal on propane in the Land of Fruits and Nuts. I think in off season was close to $4 to fill a 500. Why I am sitting by a oak wood fire right now.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 1:04am
Ray...gits out there and grab some of them cow chips! lol i just had my 20 lb tank filled for my grill, saved my reciept....somewhere....before i could read how much it was, if i find it, i'll post the price. 
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 1:05am
Darrel...how many gallons them 100 pounders hold? whew...
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 7:07am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Darrel...how many gallons them 100 pounders hold? whew...
5 x as many as your 20Wink
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 10:58am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Ray...gits out there and grab some of them cow chips! lol i just had my 20 lb tank filled for my grill, saved my reciept....somewhere....before i could read how much it was, if i find it, i'll post the price. 

Confused Cow chips ??? I got oak trees to burn up before the wildfire comes. LOL Somebody has got to do some big time cleaning up. LOL I already used my $20 a gal pre mixed gas to cut this tree up.Cry Pre mix is the only corn free gas you can get in The Land of Fruits and Nuts. So dang nab it I am going to burn oak. Clap 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:45pm
4.24 lbs
Propane weighs 4.24 lbs per gallon so 100 lb capacity tank would hold 23.6 gallons...... 4.6 gal in a 20 pound tank
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 6:57am
Ray, my poulan and Stihl have been running fine for years on 10% corn sqweezings.  Confused
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 7:00am
I only buy 'Pure Gas' in a expensive can at the farm store to winterize my saws, just enough to run out any not drained off ethanol.  Can only lasts a few months before it also sours.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 8:51am
Like DAVE... i have only used 10% in the truck , car, several tractors, chainsaw, mower and all since 1985.... over 35 years... Thats about all you can buy locally in Illinois.  Started with my 1989 F250......
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 12:43pm
If I remember right, that sign say contains upto 10%... and some gas companies have their own ideas on what they put into your fuel. some don't even bother with blending... Some may put in 3% or so to meet their state requirements...
  In one town you have three different stations and the cheapest station has 10%... and the Holiday has 10% at a higher price, but go to the north station, you buy their '10%' fuel at a few cents higher price, but pay with cash you get about equivalent pricing, but you will get more mileage out of their gas.  

Picture above was from a gas can that I had filled up town. evidently there was some water in the fuel whither it was from my can or their tanks, they had trouble with rain water getting into the tanks.
  But as you can see, there are three distinct layers of fluids, and the top layer being gas.

Worked on a 170 this past summer that had been sitting about 7 years and in those 7 years, the tank got rusted and corroded real bad inside. I bought a different tank for it. It even corroded the fuel gauge float, right to where it sat in the fuel.

Now the tractor I use every day, the tank looks almost like new inside. ... but let anything sit for a couple years, you got troubles. 
 The local co-op does not deliver the 10% gas to the farmers in this area unless they are requested to do so. Why would they do that? Simple reason, less troubles. 
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 6:51pm
Gas in the Land of Fruits and Nuts is the poorest quality gas there is and still burn. People traveling and buying gas out of state claim mileage is 10% better probably more with out of state gas. The last 20 years gets harder and harder to keep small engines running. As little gas as it takes to make my wood. Cheaper to use premium gas as to getting a saw worked on.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 7:15pm
Coleman camping Gas,  or the wal-mart equivalent thereof is usually about half the price of the pre-mix in the can.  Also Naptha paint thinner is the same thing, though it usually runs about another $ 25%, over the Wal-mart variety. I would rather pay a little more for the Gas, than a lot more for the carb or carb rebuild!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 8:52pm
They hold 24 gallons. I filled hundreds of the dang things in the 70's and delievered them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic