This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

price of 180

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick ky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: price of 180
    Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 8:00am
found 180 diesel in barn for over 10 years. ran when parked, been their done that. will be going to look at it soon. bad rear tire rim, needs batteries, needs seat cushions, oil leak under transmission, possible replacement of brakes. bottom line, whats it worth?
Sponsored Links

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 8:13am
Post some pictures after your visit. Is it a gear jumper? How is it cosmetically? I use that as a gage to determine how the owner took care of it. If it’s rough, beat up, welds on 3 pt, I walk away from them. Hours? A lot goes into determining price. A non-runner, price goes way down. Pump and injectors may need to be rebuilt. Is the engine loose or locked up?
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
rick ky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick ky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 8:25am
2 things i forgot. one, welding on left back of steering cylinder support, and second the farm help says bit only has 2200 hours. not saying it can't happen but that could be if delco alternator doesn't have tach drive anymore or tach broke. we shall see.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 8:59am
If the Delco alternator is orange, it might be the original one. Un-painted and it's been replaced and 2,200 hrs ain't right.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 3:44pm
AS far as value,forget the bad stuff look at what is good and salable,add it up and then figure how much is worth to you to sell the parts.As far as fixing it up sounds like a deep
money pit.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 4:37pm
As said before, I lot is going to demand on what it actually looks like and how much you want or need a 180.

Figure $800 to have the pump bebuilt if you can remove and install yourself. Guessing $700 for a new 16x28 rim. $300 for a seat depending on what you want. Tires bad? Add $800 each for rears and $150 for fronts.
Guessing on pricing but this will give you an idea.

If you want to check the tach take it off the alternator and chuck it into a drill and turn it nicely. See if the needle moves or the hours go up.
rick ky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick ky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 7:25pm
i appreciate the information, hopefully others will give information.  talked with middleman about 2 hrs ago. he has informed me that I have competition. they are trying to force the sale. I said, I was interested, and wanted to see the tractor up close and personal. they have baulked and informed me it is alot of trouble to see the tractor. I have  said I would bring trailer to haul tractor away. they told me I couldn't do that. I called a friend who is familiar with area, he believes they are trying to pull a fast one on the widow. He will get the widow my number. Hopefully I can work something out with her. Thanks for the input.
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 7:44pm
Not knowing, could this be s scam?  Had a guy with fancy lawnmower for sale, called about seeing it . he wasn't available, told I would bring trailer and cash, piece disappeared for sale.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 8:22pm
That bit of info would concern me. Shame on anyone trying to take advantage of her. Sounds like they are trying to get it for nothing by saying no one is interested in it.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 11:31pm
Talk to the owner if really interested don't make a payment or deal to anybody else.   Remember, look at the good things on it, not just at the bad. I'd get a look at it in next 2 days (write down serial number & get a few pictures) be ready to pay cash and have ability to remove tractor within 24 hours of making deal & payment. 
 I've always figured tires unless looking near new/no cracks will need replaced within a year if I used it. 18.4x28 rears $900 each mounted, 7.50x16 fronts $175 each mounted. 
 IF a parts tractor; Tin work in good condition can be $2000+; fenders ($300 each), grill ($500+), hood ($300), rear side shields and console cover ($100 each), front side covers ($150 each). Also a decent AC deluxe style seat frame & suspension ($250), hydr pump ($2000 new so $500+ used) Then the fuel tank, torque tube, axles & drop boxes, trans/differential unit, 3 pt hitch, Hydr valves lines & tubes. 
 I've not seen a complete AC 2800/301 diesel tractor engine sell online or in person in almost a year. No idea what it could bring if complete & engine can be turned w/starter or pry bar, and no extra holes in it. Combine 2800/301 engines that need stripped and reassembled using parts off tractor engine selling over $1000. 
 Everything for our 50 year old tractors is getting harder to find in decent condition and salvage prices haven't gone down.

AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 6:06am
Looking at the good things is ok, but you have to think of the bad things, too.

Unfortunately, a lot of these tractors have had the gears ground and now jump out of gear. Chances are good that it will need an injection pump rebuild. Why was it parked in the first place? Does it need an engine rebuild? When you are buying a non-runner, there is no way to check these things.

If you are buying it for parts, it's fine to add up the good things. If you are buying it to save, there are a lot of unknowns. I, personally, would look for a running tractor that I could operate before buying.

To answer your question, that tractor is worth scrap or parts price.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 6:19am
Something's wrong if you can't see the tractor. How can they sell if you can't see it?
rick ky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick ky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 6:25am
to answer one question it is not a scam. the two fellows involved one is tractor jockey and the other hauls cattle. a friend and i went to indiana to buy a square baler the owner pulled it out of the barn with a d17. i said thats a good looking tractor and loader. he said you collect these things? i said no i'm still farming with them. he priced and we bought a baler and tractor with 400 loader. yes i will be using tractor to mow hay with if everything were to fall in place. big question there now.  if i hadn't been brought up on allis, i wouldn't be interested and i am not the best mechanic but if i can find parts and manuals and patience i can fix them except for the power director on 7020 thanks again
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 7:25am
Just my 2 cents ,as long as the engine is good - One Eighty parts are plentiful,, the tractor jockey sees good in it and potential $$$$$,, they are giving you the run around BS- your right by trying to get in touch with the owner- Id go to $2500 for sure

Edited by DougG - 21 Jul 2023 at 7:28am
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 10:00pm
The patch on steering wishbone is pretty common on those and 185. If it had been used on plowed ground turning them causes quite a bit of flex at that point. Weakest part of the wishbone and only place the torque has to release. HTH Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 8:23pm
190 and XT was a weak spot also. Mine was repaired when I bought it. Pretty common issue.
rick ky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick ky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 8:36pm
thanks again, still haven't gotten to see tractor. good weather here everybody wants their hay done. we have had 3 days without rain, keeping my wife happy is easier than putting up hay this summer. enough said, tractor text me to ask is everthing ok. i will answer tomorrow, but tomorrow may never come. looking for a 180 or 185 in the modoc union city farm land area for my brother now thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic