This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prayers needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prayers needed
    Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 5:57am
Been suffering through some stomach problems for the past couple weeks. Been to the Doc twice. Yesterday he sent me in for a CT Scan. Found an abdominal wall hernia. Will have to have surgery early next week unless it gets out and won't go back in, then have to go to hospital for emergency surgery. Wife is scheduledfor cataract surgery Tuesday. Ought to be a fun week
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 6:38am
Prayers sent for you both from Arkansas and hoping y’all have a happy Thanksgiving.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 7:19am
Prayers for a rapid return to healthy from here.

Edited by DMiller - 22 Nov 2018 at 7:20am
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 8:16am
Prayers on the way for both you and your wife Bob . Take it easy and don't over do it for a while.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 9:54am
Bob, sorry to hear this about you both, hope everything goes ok and you can wait and not have to
have priority service! Take it easy and you both try to have a calm easy holiday season!!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 10:06am
Prayers sent for you and you wife, Bob. Try to take take it easy and don't eat too much today. We don't want you going in for emergency surgery. Hope you have some good care givers on standby for you and your wife.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:21am
Brother Bob, you and your wife are in my prayers!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 6:03pm
Will remember you and your wife in pray.

Also the doctor since they are all "practicing".  I was wondering about my doc, but after tests and CT scan he finally decided on a antibiotic that seems to help get rid of what ever was disrupting my stomach for the last month.   
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 7:51pm
Bob prayers from WI
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
JBergie View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 8:49pm
Bob, It goes without saying we'll have you in hearts and minds and if closer I'd tend to anything you needed during your ailment and recovery time.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 9:23pm
 Hey Bob,,,sendin lots of prayers for you and your wife. You'll be home before you know it. Hopin you kinfolk close by to come check up on ya'll.Clap
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 9:53pm
Bob, prayers all goes well! God Bless! Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 10:51pm
Bob, I'm sure you and your wife are in good hands but I keep wondering if doctors would quit practicing and become "expert" or something...
Keep a positive attitude and you will be fine.  Hope you didn't lift the turkey out of the oven today.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:41pm
thoughts and prayers from our home to yours for the both of you! maybe you should drink sum ACV?
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 12:02am
Bob, it's your turn and so I'm sending LOTS of prayer your way, for the both of you.  May God watch over you and hold off so you don't have to have an emergency.

As for JohnCO, I'd settle for them knowing pretty good, they'd never get to live long enough to get to be competent...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 5:37am
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Got through Thanksgiving. Only ate small portions but ate maybe 5 times yesterday. When I woke up this morning it was out again but light pressure put it back in place. Least I'm not getting sick any more. Think I can hold up through the weekend and not have to go to emergency room. God is good.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 10:06am
Thinking about you both and hoping for successes.  When I had my surgery earlier this year I got my grass cut for me all summer.   Think about what you can get done for you.LOL  The catarac surgery is a breeze.  The worst part for me was the IV install.  She won't be able to drive so I hope she has alternate transportation planned if you are unable.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 7:44pm
Thinking about you Bob and prayers are sent
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 6:41pm
Well, an update. Wife's cataract surgery went fine. Talked to my family doctor Monday and have been referred to a surgeon. That first appointment is 3 Dec. and should get surgery date then. Thanks for the prayers.
JBergie View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Bob D. (La) Bob D. (La) wrote:

Well, an update. Wife's cataract surgery went fine. Talked to my family doctor Monday and have been referred to a surgeon. That first appointment is 3 Dec. and should get surgery date then. Thanks for the prayers.

They do work I believe! So glad to hear things are going 'well' (which seems like an odd way to say it!)
johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 8:13pm
Prayers to you and your wife.
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:28pm
Well (pun intended) Bob, that's (kind of) good news.  That's only a few days away, hope you can hold out.
As for Mom and the cataract surgery,,,,,,,,,,you better mind your Ps & Qs now, she can see what your doing now!! Big smile LOL
Prayers still comin your way.  God Bless
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:57am
Again, Thanks for the prayers. At doctor appointment Monday afternoon, it was decided to do the surgery yesterday Morning. Arrived at hospital at 5:30 AM. They finally completed all test they wanted and at 8:30 the lights went out. Woke up at 11:30 and transferred to room. Finally got home at 1:30 PM.The surgery pain is much greater than I expected, but since this is the third surgery in that same area, I guess I should have expected as much. Now, to get the wife through her second cataract surgery on the 12th and maybe things will calm downPS: Don't think I will be doing any dancing for the next 3 weeks.God is good.

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:48am
Glad it’s over and you’re on the mend, doing over do it, follow doctors orders and take care of yourself and your bride
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 11:45am
Yer right, God is good!!
Glad you're on the mend and have a little pain.  Pain reminds us to follow doctors orders and be good for a few days.
Hope mom's surgery on the 12th goes as good as the first one.  Now she's REALLY going to keep her eyes on you! LOL
Prayers still comin your way.
"Allis-Express"
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 2:20pm
 Great news,, Bob,,,,Clap prayin for many more for Ya,,,,Clap
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 11:18am
Good news, I Pray the soreness goes away quick as it came and the Mrs Bob procedure goes well. See you next summer somewhere!!!
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 2:43pm
Prayers for healing and painlessness and hope all goes well with wife's cataracts. I have had both eyes done waiting for new glasses, been without for last month is feels different be glad to get them back.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic