This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prayer request

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prayer request
    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:36am
My mother is going in for hernia surgery tomorrow. They had a hard time deciding to do it or not. She has high blood pressure and her EKG is way off. She’s getting up in the years and my brothers and I have tough decisions ahead of us. We are getting the stockholder situation straightened up in hopes of heading off any future problems or hard feelings. I’ve been helping her financially and I have to stop. She isn’t managing her money and one of us has to step up and take over her finances. I’m a little shook today. My mom and I are very close. I don’t want her feelings hurt.
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:47am
Praying for devine wisdom to see you through this trying time. Your a good part of being there,knowing you need help from above. Always very hard to see all the options when you are so close. So may the Lord work in your life to help you see.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:50am
Been there not long ago Thad, sadly, feelings, and doing what’s got to be done clash!
Prayers for understanding and patience for you all!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 12:53pm
Prayers coming your way.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 1:12pm
Thad, no easy decisions in your situation, praying that God will give you wisdom and discernment as well as peace about your decisions.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 1:47pm
 Well,,Buddy,,I'm prayin for your Mother and all her family,, especially her Sons,,,,Clap Hopefully everything goes good with her surgery and then the BIG task remaining with satisfying all the stockholders. 
  We went thru that as others here have also and some will not be pretty. Bout half of our brothers and sisters to this day do not talk to each other and our Mother passed 5 years ago,,,,,Soooo Sad. I truly hope your stiuation works out.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 2:16pm
Praying for you Thad between your job,the crazy neighbors and now this, wow, you definitely have a lot going on and feel free to vent here, because we are here for you.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 2:42pm
Prayers all goes well with surgery and recovery! Praying that the family can be as a whole, and do the right thing! God Bless!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 6:16pm
I truly appreciate the prayers. Im saying lots of prayers for her too. I have my days mixed up and her surgery is Friday. I’ll feel much better when that is over. The rest will work out in time. Everyone has agreed to the arrangements on the property and ours will be in our name soon. The surveyer will be here in the next few days. I feel bad doing all this right now but my mom wants us to have this no matter what. The rest of the family wants to get this over with.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 6:21pm
Prayers for your Mom and You! I hope you get the financial and medical straightened out.

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:52pm
Thad, been there, done that, have the scars to prove it. praying for you and all the family, this not an easy time!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:09pm
Thinking of the situation and sending that prayer along . 
Had one show up when I was 65 and got by for about 6 months just pushing it back and trying a truss - UNTIL one night couldn't get it back - Emergency room - they had a problem also so put me under but called a surgeon for standby - 
 Wife said when I was under and ER Doc was putting it back my language was kind of cussing him out in expitave words she had never heard me use .. I remember nothing .

Seems grand dad had one also for about 30 years he put up with - when he was in a care facilities at age 88 - nurses there got tired of helping him relieve it and sent him to hospital for surgery - full recovery and the fear he had of having it fixed was all in vain - then another 10 years without any problems 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:13pm
You'll probably be keeping the property any way so it won't matter but getting it before she passes will create much capitol gains if you sell.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:33am
Prayers for you Mom Thad. May God hold her and the surgeon in His hands and bring about a quick recovery. Prayers for you and the family in the distribution department. May all of you have peace of mind in the resulting outcome. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:57am
prayers for your Mother Thad!
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:19am
Praying that God watches over your mom, her caregivers, and your family.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:41am
Prayers here Too!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:47pm
Prayers coming from WI Buddy!!  It's a LOT easier to get it all done with while Mom is still able to give orders.  With her in the middle of it all, there shouldn't be any hard feelings.
I just went through part of this with my Mother.  I have four sisters and we had NO arguments over anything. I am blessed with a caring and loving family.  We've never had bad feelings or harsh words.  While going through all the legal crap, I blamed my Mother,,,,,,,(with everyone present),,,,,,,for the reason we care so much about each other.  She raised us with the fear and love of God.
Sorry I'm rambling buddy, but keep your heart close.  It'll make a big difference.
You sound like a great son for your Mom to have!!
Prayers and thoughts for you in this scary time.  How old IS Mom?

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Prayers coming from WI Buddy!!  It's a LOT easier to get it all done with while Mom is still able to give orders.  With her in the middle of it all, there shouldn't be any hard feelings.
I just went through part of this with my Mother.  I have four sisters and we had NO arguments over anything. I am blessed with a caring and loving family.  We've never had bad feelings or harsh words.  While going through all the legal crap, I blamed my Mother,,,,,,,(with everyone present),,,,,,,for the reason we care so much about each other.  She raised us with the fear and love of God.
Sorry I'm rambling buddy, but keep your heart close.  It'll make a big difference.
You sound like a great son for your Mom to have!!
Prayers and thoughts for you in this scary time.  How old IS Mom?

Ted , mom is 77 but she’s getting dimentia. My brothers and I are very close and I don’t see any ugly between us. I’m a little nervous over spending lots of money and 20 years building this place and it’s not in our name. It was promised to us but I’ll not rest easy until it’s ours.
I appreciate the kind words. I am a mommas boy and hope and pray to have her around for lots more years.
I truly appreciate everyone of you guys on her.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:54pm
 Well,,Thad,,I feel your concerns,,,nothing like having your home in your name. We went thru a very trying time when our mother passed bout 5 years ago. There was not any property except the house she was living in that Dad had bought many years ago. I don't know if any of the 10 children ever figured out why she left the house to the one brother and that caused some hard feelings which to this day are still there. The 5 youngest were particularly upset that they didn't get anything and that has bothered me since. I voiced my opinion at the time,, that the house should have been appraised, then offered to whoever wanted to keep the house and him pay all the others based on the appraisal. The one brother stated that mother had left it to him alone, and at that time,,no one wanted to contest it,,,till later when it became an issue again... I know it will always be an issue to them. It's too bad when children are left to themselves to divy up property fairly...
 I sure hope and pray yours works out for you and your brothers,,,,,Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 1:32pm
Yes I hope it works out good for both of you. I have a cousin that has lived at home and taken care of his father and has built a place of his own on the far end of the farm. He father has never given him the deed for the property he has fixed up. There is 6 kids and I am afraid he's going to get the shaft because a brother or two has borrowed money off of his father and I don't think ever paid a dime back and he's going to be hold his hand out. 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 7:38pm
She made it through surgery in good shape. She sounds weak but her spirits are high. Thank you all for the prayers. They mean a lot to my family. Y’all are a good batch for sure. I’ll show the prayers to her tomorrow.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 7:54pm
good to hear Thad!, continued prayers for a quick recovery and peace for the family!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 2:17am
Prayer works!  We've proved it on here time and time again.

Thad, that is GREAT news, she'll stay in my prayers and you and the family too.  Give her a big hug from me for raising such a good boy. Wink
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 6:21am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 12:40pm
Prayers for speedy recovery and healing.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 3:21pm
 That's GREAT news,,,Thad,,,YES Prayer does work and help as well. She gots to be a great Momma to raise a caring Son. Lookin forward to hearing when she gets to go home,,,,ClapClap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:27am
Mother got home last night. She spent a couple days with my uncle and aunt who live in town near the hospital. She looked great and now she can see that her boys are fine.
She said thank you for all the prayers and thank you for all being such good friends to her baby boy.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:02pm
Glad to hear she doing good and tell her she's welcome
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:15pm
"Belated" prayers Thad.....guess I missed it.  Glad all went well with the surgery.  Hopefully the rest of the issues you're dealing with go smooth and peacefully.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic