This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plow laye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plow laye
    Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 1:18pm
I need a plow laye for a pick up plow on a B
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:53pm
  If you look in any plow parts book, you'll never find any part that is a lay. All you get around here is a bag of chips when asking for  lays. Call it what ever you want, you can put puppies in the oven, but it won't make them biscuits.

Once you correctly identify the part you are needing then the search for the correct piece can begin.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 7:12pm
Well that is what we called them in my day spelling maybe incorrect .I thought someone could help me but I guess not do will take a new one and make it fit sorry got my stupid question
SLee(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLee(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 8:23pm
When I was a kid, we bought and replaced plow lays every year.
Only term I've ever heard them called.
Steve
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 9:05pm
We have some. What part number or which plow bottom
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 3:30am
Yep here in the the heart land they have always been call lays no matter what the parts book call them.
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 7:26am
I will have to look how it is hooked on
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Mikez Mikez wrote:

We have some. What part number or which plow bottom

Mike, do you have any for slat-bottoms? I think all Allis slat-bottoms were the same?
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 10:04am
Ok looked it had the rod that hooks on a eye and two bolts that hold it on too no number that I could find
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 10:51am
They are also called ‘plow shares’.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 9:37pm
Dave if you’re not sure which model number the bottom is. You might have to take a wear part off. Many of the older bottoms the wear parts had the part numbers stamped into the back side. Do you know if there 12”,14” or 16”

Mike do you have any of idea what number slat plow it is. Do you know if there 14” or 16”

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 7:43am
Mike, it's a 16" plow. I really think there was only one model of slat bottom. Seems like our plow bottom knowledge link died.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic