This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE Read ! Rumely Allis Heritage Center

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE Read ! Rumely Allis Heritage Center
    Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 10:45pm
   Hello, Everyone ! Some of you may have read in past issues of Old Allis News about a proposed museum for Rumely and Allis Chalmers. I would like to introduce to everyone are new website for this project: http://www.rumelyallis.com

The Rumely Allis Chalmers Laporte Heritage Center will be, upon completion, a center for all things related to Rumely, Allis Chalmers and all the various companies that were acquired by and merged with these two great Companys. Our main focus will be on the proud heritage of Rumely and Allis Chalmers agricultural products, the employees and dealers that supported them, and the men and women that used them !

We are asking for your support. If you feel you can contribute to this project, you can find information to become a sponsor on our website: http://www.rumelyallis.com

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated ! If I can answer any questions, just ask. Thank You !

Edited by Rfdeere - 16 Apr 2011 at 10:48pm
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Sponsored Links

David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 7:20am
As I understand it, Norm Steinman is also on the board of directors for this project.
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:02am
I was just wondering if there was an AC museum like this anyplace.  I seen the HPOCA was coming along good with their museum in South Bend, IN.  It will be kind of the same thing.  Once both are done, they are just a short drive between
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
gleaner1 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gleaner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:40am
Great to hear something like this is happening, though it would be a lot more nostalgic if it was in one of the old Plant buildings (if there are any left).   To bad West Allis doesn't do something like this. 
ALLIS CHALMERS "The color is orange"
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 12:26pm
   Yes, Norm is on our board, along with myself, and Nan Jones, former owner and editor of the Old Allis News. We also have several Rumely collectors on the board and some other individuals with talents that should greatly help in this endeavor. We have some non voting advisory comittees with several AC collectors and even some descendants of the Rumely family. Thanks.

Edited by Rfdeere - 17 Apr 2011 at 7:30pm
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 12:37pm
   You can see a complete list of our Board of Directors on our site: http://www.rumelyallis.com
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Larry(OH) Larry(OH) wrote:

I was just wondering if there was an AC museum like this anyplace.  I seen the HPOCA was coming along good with their museum in South Bend, IN.  It will be kind of the same thing.  Once both are done, they are just a short drive between

Hi Larry,
 I have been doing a little online research on the Oliver Museum and it appears it is to be part of a larger museum. Rumely Allis Chalmers Laporte Heritage Center will be a stand alone center. No collections of dresses, politically correct pop culture exhibits, or egyptian artifacts. If it isn't Rumely or Allis Chalmers related it will not be here.

Edited by Rfdeere - 08 Sep 2011 at 4:40pm
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 11:48pm
If any of you guys want to see Rumelys....

Come to Rough and Tumble's Threshermans Reunion in August. Have we got Rumelys!!!
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 7:38am
Can the website be updated to become member by e-mail, and make your contributions wihout mailing? I think it is a great project and have convinced myself to join. I can then send/contribute over time as noted on website.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Chris/CT Chris/CT wrote:

Can the website be updated to become member by e-mail, and make your contributions wihout mailing? I think it is a great project and have convinced myself to join. I can then send/contribute over time as noted on website.

Hey Chris, Thank You for your interest ! I will look into if the board would want to do online payments. As of right now we have not taken that step. I would be willing to set it up, but I can not authorize it without our board approving it. Several members of the board are not up to speed on the internet process so it may take some time.
               Thanks, Randy Freshour.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 12:08pm
   Bump.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 2:37pm
So this is a Non profit Corp. Owned by Board of Directors ?
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

So this is a Non profit Corp. Owned by Board of Directors ?

The Rumely Allis Chalmers La Porte Heritage Corporation is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit as registered through the Internal Revenue Code. So Yes we are a Non Profit Corp.

At this moment in time The Corporation is owned and managed by the Board of Directors and its Officers.

We will have yearly memberships available at some point in the future, and the plan is that those Members would then become the owners of the corporation and the Board would manage the Corporation and Center according to the wishes of the members.

We are in the process of completing a 99 year lease for $1 per year for the property on which the center will be built that is being made available by the County of La Porte, Indiana. The Rumely Allis Chalmers La Porte Heritage Corporation will have complete control of the Center and Corporation.

norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 7:15pm
  YES WE LOOKED INTO THE OLD FACTORY IT  ISIN LEGITATION FOR CONTAMINTANTS
   TELL US HOW LONG THAT WILL LAST???? we have a lease or whtever with the county comissioners [99yrs] for such  cannot wait forever for the GOV.TO MAKE UP THERE MINDS  my 2 cents ask for more info.if you want to give a contribution   can mail
  them to your address
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 2:32pm
   Bringing this back up. We need everyone's help to make this a reality. If anyone has any suggestions to help the fundraising effort, would be glad to hear them. This project is going to take some major donations in order to build the Heritage Center. Thank You everyone that can help !
thomas davison View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas davison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 2:59pm
In most states the status of the corpration is determined under the lasw of the state in which it is incorporated, which in this case would be the state of Indiana.  As far as I know, non-profit corporations are incorporated as "non-stock" corporations, and therefore, no one owns any interest in the corporation.  I am not sure of Indiana.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by thomas davison thomas davison wrote:

In most states the status of the corpration is determined under the lasw of the state in which it is incorporated, which in this case would be the state of Indiana.  As far as I know, non-profit corporations are incorporated as "non-stock" corporations, and therefore, no one owns any interest in the corporation.  I am not sure of Indiana.

Yes, I think this would be correct.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 5:00pm
   Reading my response to Fred's question above, I should have said:
   "At this moment in time The Corporation is controlled and managed by the Board of Directors and its Officers."

And when the time comes:
   "We will have yearly memberships available at some point in the future, and the plan is that those Members would then become the controllers of the corporation and the Board would manage the Corporation and Center according to the wishes of the members."

Controlled and controllers may not be the best legal description either. I am not a Lawyer. Sorry if I am confusing anyone.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:12pm
   Bump.
BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:19pm
Takes a real man to start a Rumley....a local guy here has his grandfathers and had it at the Antique Show and was having a hard time getting it to fire so I took a hand at it and couldnt quite get the timing right to crank the 4 foot flywheels on that big old girl.....
Central PA Allis Express
1934 WC254
1945 WF
1945 WC135755
1951 WD68085
1953 WD45-150217
1957 WD45D-230744D
B110
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 8:08pm
   Thought I would update this. We should have our lease finalized with the county by the end of this year (gotta love lawyers). We our tentatively planning on a 80' wide, 180' long steel framed structure. One end would house a 45' x 80' space for a conference room, restrooms and office. This is a large project and we need financial support to make this project a success. If you feel you can help, you can find information on our website: http://www.rumelyallis.com
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 9:04am
Originally posted by BennyLumpkin BennyLumpkin wrote:

Takes a real man to start a Rumley....a local guy here has his grandfathers and had it at the Antique Show and was having a hard time getting it to fire so I took a hand at it and couldnt quite get the timing right to crank the 4 foot flywheels on that big old girl.....

I saw one being started at a show, they belted it to an Allis Chalmers, maybe an A.
I heard later that the hand crank had disappeared.

Dusty

Edited by Dusty MI - 23 Nov 2011 at 9:06am
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
DougS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

I saw one being started at a show, they belted it to an Allis Chalmers, maybe an A.
I heard later that the hand crank had disappeared.

Dusty
Did the insurance company steal it in the dark of night? :)

KGood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 12:27pm
Randy what about finding some people to donate some equipment then raffle it off. There are shows that do that but I don't know if it's a money maker or not.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 3:19pm
I would think that all funding would of been done frist ,build what you can,then keep it going after that with a little help? Just my thoughts.
OrangeKiwi(NZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Rfdeere Rfdeere wrote:

You can see a complete list of our Board of Directors on our site: http://www.rumelyallis.com

The board of directors link on the website doesn't work for me. Can anybody else see it ?
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 4:09pm
looked at it this morning, worked great!
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by KGood KGood wrote:

Randy what about finding some people to donate some equipment then raffle it off. There are shows that do that but I don't know if it's a money maker or not.

Thank's Kevin, We have been considering several fundraisers.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

I would think that all funding would of been done frist ,build what you can,then keep it going after that with a little help? Just my thoughts.

There has been nothing built yet. In a perfect world, having the project completely paid for before we build would be great, but we also want to see and show some progress.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by OrangeKiwi(NZ) OrangeKiwi(NZ) wrote:

Originally posted by Rfdeere Rfdeere wrote:

The board of directors link on the website doesn't work for me. Can anybody else see it ?

Ross, Can you access the home page of the site ? The site works great for me, just tryed it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic