This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Identify this Plow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Identify this Plow
    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 5:41pm
Can someone correctly identify this plow ?
I at first thought "Double Shovel", but there are no shares and not much of a moldboard.
I sort of thought "Potato Plow", but it does not look anything like the examples I found in a search.
I am sure this thing gets used frequently and is not a yard ornament; it was sitting next to the garden and the guy has probably thirty mules and horses and harness aplenty for all.
I wish I had asked him what he used it for when I had the opportunity.

Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 6:02pm
maybe it's a 'de-weeder' for in between rows of veggies ??
At least it looks older than me !

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 6:49pm
Shoe in the middle looks original, for a hiller/furrower plow, wings look added.  Could be used to scratch up weeds, and roll them out...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 1:06am
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Shoe in the middle looks original, for a hiller/furrower plow, wings look added.

After reading this and taking another look, I agree that the wings appear to be sort of cobbled together, which is probably why I couldn't find anything similar in a search.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 12:19pm
We have something similar......ours was described and used as a potato lister.

Run it right down the row and the potatoes will roll up to the surface to be picked up.

Although ours was never used as such, I suppose it could also have been used to hill up the taters.
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

We have something similar......ours was described and used as a potato lister.

Run it right down the row and the potatoes will roll up to the surface to be picked up.

Although ours was never used as such, I suppose it could also have been used to hill up the taters.

I sort of figure that is probably what the old gentleman uses it for, rolling the potatoes out of the ground, whether that is it's intended purpose or not.
I mean to ask him the next time I talk to him; I am also going to look it over for manufacturer markings.
I would have done better on the day that I took the pictures; but, it had just came a drenching monsoon and was still misting rain; I was more concerned with keeping the camera dry.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 8:41pm
Modirt, you've got it right, but has been modified. No telling what the old used it foe.  Leon
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:52am
Just threw a rough non complete, broken one away! this one looks worth saving!
Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic