This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help, front end loader problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstone22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help, front end loader problem
    Posted: 09 May 2014 at 4:59pm
  I have a Allis 5015 with an aftermarket front end loader. I cant find any info on the loader. The hydraulic pump for the loader is on the front of the tractor. I hit a stump and broke the pump that was on it. I went to a place close to me that does alot of work on Allis tractors and bought a new bidirectional pump from them. I installed it myself and cannot get it to working properly. The loader does move up and down but it moves very slowly and has no lift power. I tried taking everything apart and redoing it numerous times and I have taken every hose off trying to relief any air in the hoses.  I have not replaced the filter yet, but i do have a filter now and will try doing that. Prior to hitting the stump, the loader worked great.  The 3 pt hitch still works great, just not the loader. I have little experience working on tractors or anything really. I would greatly appreciate any ideas you all may have that may help me. Thank you!
Sponsored Links

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:11am
the pump you bought may not be large enough, and or you may still have air in the lines! try hooking up your loader to the tractor hyds, and see if it works better that way!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:00am
Like shameless says, you got the right size pump? same gpm and pressure?
  Got enough fluid in the oil tank?
You say front pump drive, is it only for the loader or for all the hydraulic functions on the tractor also?
When pump broke, did it run all the oil out?
 Seperate oil tank?  Have you filled the tank for the loader?
just because you might see oil in the bottom, doesn't mean you have enough oil to feed.
Slow raising sometimes is just pump pumping air... and won't lift much of anything.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
smstone22 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstone22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:03pm
It is supposed to be the same size. Whether it actually is, I dont know. THe 3pt hitch works fine so the tractor must use another pump for it. It did run some oil out when it broke but not all. I replaced the filter and changed the fluid today but its still acting the same. If it has a seperate tank for the loader, I cant find it. Im putting hydraulic/transmission oil in the spot right in front of the seat for hydraulic/transmission. The old fluid I emptied out today was very white appearing, which didnt seem right to me. Its new to me so Im just changing all fluids.
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:43pm
Follow the return line from the loader's hydraulic valves and it should lead to your reservoir. Some loaders with independent pumps used a portion of the loader's frame as a reservoir. If that is the case there should be a second line that leads from the loader frame to the pump often with a filter somewhere along the line.
Jack of all trades, master of none
smstone22 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstone22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:51pm
DonBC,
 Thank you. I do believe mine uses the frame as a reservoir, because I can hear fluid running in there now that you mention it. I will look for the line from the loader frame to the pump as soon as I get off work. Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic