This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pics for Mitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics for Mitch
    Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:43am
Wheelie bars, weight brackets, custom bull gears, hubs, brake rotors, axle shafts, light weight WC centers, aluminum transmission cover, Porsche rack and pinion aluminum front end including wheels, all made complete in house Pankey, including broaching, gear cutting, and heat treating, please keep in mind that this stuff is sideline work, not our main stream business, but I'm not going there because this is a tractor forum, not about race cars, chainsaws, minibikes, tonka trucks, or anything else you care to brag about. I really don't need to defend my position to a Clown like you, but here is a fair sample of my work, and from this point on, I'm done responding to your 3rd grade behavior.
Sponsored Links

Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:09am
Man, thats some nice looking stuff Ken.
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:26am
That weird sound you are hearing is the VI loosing control of his bowels,,,

O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 11:53am
Nice stuff there Ken. Good one Butch (on the noise I was hearing).

Ken,

Can you make transmission gears say for a model 180? I realize that's a tough questions without having a pattern or at least a picture.
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 12:00pm
Looks good! I am thinking about trying to make a diffrent 1st gear in my WC to slow it down....Really dont want to do the rear end swaps becuase everything i hear is light duty and wont hold up.Do you have an opinion on this? Its just an idea i am throwing around.
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 12:42pm
Looks great, if you post, he will come.....unfortunately
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 1:52pm
Looks good mig aluminum welds and stuff. Looks like you have given up on making a allis compete against olivers though. I am just to head strong to join them so i work to beat them.
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 1:59pm
Do you not see the orange tractor, there is no reason the man can't have two pullin tractors, guy round here comes with a big rightly of em and in all different colors
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 3:00pm
Thanks for the compliments Guys. The Oliver was a customer job, we built the chassis and he put a Gingrich engine in it. As for the other questions, I would need to see the 180 gears in question before giving an answer, and about making another first gear for a WC/WD, I tried it, and felt it was a waste of time, easier and more versatile to play with final drive ratios and the ring and pinion, than to change on gear. The RC/High Crop conversion is the most bang for the buck, no durability problems if done correctly.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 3:02pm
Plinky, hate to be the bearer of bad news but your amateur  status is showing again, that is TIG weld not MIG as is obvious to anyone who has actually used the processes on aluminum. Just as we know that the process you used on the balancer was PAH (Poo Apllied by Hack)

As for the Oliver real shops do work for others gesh! Not to worry Plink as you dont need to make a living welding, or figuring out simple things like the Oliver picture as the royalties from your Gleason cloaking devise should allow you to live high on the hog. 

Edited by Butch(OH) - 08 Jul 2013 at 3:13pm
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Looks good mig aluminum welds and stuff. Looks like you have given up on making a allis compete against olivers though. I am just to head strong to join them so i work to beat them.

Lol, you of all people to pick apart welds. Spunk your weld jobs have been posted so many times I doubt there is a member on here who hasent whitnessed your work of art welds on that pulley.

Nice tractors Ken, nice work on the internals too. Quality machine work is nice to see.

I know spunk, you're going to say shiny parts please everyone but there's a difference here. Ken's parts work, and continue to work, your parts aren't even shiny, more less work lol.
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 3:19pm
Nice!
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Plinky, hate to be the bearer of bad news but your amateur  status is showing again, that is TIG weld not MIG as is obvious to anyone who has actually used the processes on aluminum. Just as we know that the process you used on the balancer was PAH (Poo Apllied by Hack)

As for the Oliver real shops do work for others gesh! Not to worry Plink as you dont need to make a living welding, or figuring out simple things like the Oliver picture as the royalties from your Gleason cloaking devise should allow you to live high on the hog. 

you can mig weld aluminum with a spool gun, not sayin it is a mig weld just sayin it can be done, though it isn't the best process

Edited by blue924.9 - 08 Jul 2013 at 3:47pm
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by blue924.9 blue924.9 wrote:

you can mig weld aluminum with a spool gun, not sayin it is a mig weld just sayin it can be done, though it isn't the best process

Yessir you can weld Alum with a correctly set up MIG, where did you see me say ya couldn't? Wink LOL.  Point is/was the welds are clearly TIG, and the site's self proclaimed smartest person doesn't know the difference.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 4:04pm

Yessir you can weld Alum with a correctly set up MIG, where did you see me say ya couldn't? Wink LOL.  Point is/was the welds are clearly TIG, and the site's self proclaimed smartest person doesn't know the difference.

I don't think the goon has a clue Butch. He (pank0) yeah thats not pank o that's pank0 as zero doesn't seam to want to take part in his challenge so I'll take the liberty to post some pics of our resident idiots workmanship in a bit.

You guys beleve this idiot thinks you can make billet main caps and put them on without line boreing-honeing? He seams to make up BS about his cobble shop thinking you can. It has to be the anti rotation tabs.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 4:18pm

Ahh never done any tig work myself so I had no clue, than again I did claim it was and I was an expert on it like he did

Edited by blue924.9 - 08 Jul 2013 at 4:19pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 7:50pm
Butch if its tig must have either used floranted tungstien or argon or both together. To correctly tig aluminum under alcoa aluminum certification you use pure tugnstein and helium for sheild.its been a while since i had welding certs. I do keep medical gas cert still though.

Edited by mlpankey - 08 Jul 2013 at 8:02pm
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:05pm

Butch if its tig must have either used floranted tungstien or argon or both together.

I'm sorry plinko but I just gotta save this for future generations. You boys have fun explaining to him the difference between fluoride and throited tungston and why argon is used.

Google it Mitch and edit your post...you're literally to stupid to try and argue with at this point.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:13pm
To pass a aluminum certification helium is correct sheild gas and pure tungstein is used. Argon or tboranatedd florinated whatever other than pure tungstein will not pass certification tig test at alcoa aluminum

Edited by mlpankey - 08 Jul 2013 at 8:14pm
wlenoir View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wlenoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:16pm
Quality work. Some of the best wheelies I've seen in a long time. Do y'all sell custom R&Ps for WCs?

I'm still figuring out why one would need a medical Gas cert to balance turbines and work on camaros?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:25pm
Nuclear maintenance. Ps thoranated tungstein when sharpened stuck into a nuke workers jacket will lock up the radiation portal monitors. At least the oliver guy knows that wheelie bars are for safety and modified engines and cut tires are for pulling

Edited by mlpankey - 08 Jul 2013 at 8:36pm
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:57pm
Really it says here unless you eat it its fine http://www.pro-fusiononline.com/tungsten/radioactivity.htm
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:01pm
So you need medical Gas certification to do nuclear maintenance, are you an anostesiaoligst as well as a nuclear power plant builder
patrickmull View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:18pm
i have my medical o2  certs but i am a commercial diver

O yea nice parts

Edited by patrickmull - 08 Jul 2013 at 9:19pm
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:19pm

Butch if its tig must have either used floranted tungstien or argon or both together. To correctly tig aluminum under alcoa aluminum certification you use pure tugnstein and helium for sheild.its been a while since i had welding certs. I do keep medical gas cert still though.

OK, so it's incorrectly welded, and you know this how? First it was a MIG weld, now it's a TIG weld, but done incorrectly, Helium hasn't been used since the dark ages for most applications. What kind of cert is required for the welds shown in those pics of yours? We may be on to something here with the medical gas certs, there may have been a serious over application of NOS causing irreversible damage. Still waiting on your pics Mitch, and I think the Judges on here are too.
patrickmull View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:25pm
is that a cast center and how did you cut it so nice
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:33pm
LOL, I figured when the VI came back it would be good for a laugh. This AM he didnt know MIG from TIG but this afternoon he is giving us carnal knowledge of the process.  

You may be right Ken, NOS? But he did post a picture of a car fender he painted, wonder if he wore a mask? ISO will cause brain fade.  Around here every  1 stop light town has a shop that paints fenders, sometimes two or three.

All in all I think Marty has had it right on his sig line since way back.

AND where is the Gleason??

Edited by Butch(OH) - 08 Jul 2013 at 9:37pm
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:47pm
The cast centers are cut on our water jet machine, I think that Gleason is virtual, maybe part of some computer game like Farmville, Pank plays "Motorsports Mogul" complete with 3D glasses, joystick and secret decoder ring.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Ken(MI) Ken(MI) wrote:

The cast centers are cut on our water jet machine, I think that Gleason is virtual, maybe part of some computer game like Farmville, Pank plays "Motorsports Mogul" complete with 3D glasses, joystick and secret decoder ring.

Whoa! Something else for Plinky to Google and play expert, Key word "water jet machine" Be careful Plink that you don't come up with soda fountain equipment! that could be embarrassing if you posted about making a rootbeer float.  I don't blame ya for being totally jealous of Ken's work Plink but somes got it some dont.

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 10:49pm
Ya know, you guys would be sad if spanky got mad and left ! You got to admitt,  he makes a good straight man for a comedy act.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic