This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picked Up A Warm Chore Ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picked Up A Warm Chore Ride
    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 8:48am
I have been thinking about one of these for a couple years. The cold seems to bother more every year. I can load this with all my chore feeds and water and one stop at each lot with every thing. I plan on mounting hooks and such to the head ache bar to carry all my fence needs. With the side down I can sit on the flat bed with my feet flat on the ground. It might be for everyone but is working like I was hoping it would.

Sponsored Links

200 10and20 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200 10and20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 9:06am
Dick that looks like it will be the perfect vehicle for you and with the bed like that you can use it close to one of you building projects for a seat also. Good find! Hope you get lots of use out of it.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 9:11am

Say Dick L,,,that looks like it will come in handy for  lots of things when you ain't in a hurry,,,,and,,,,and,,,when you IS in a hurry,,,why, you just jump in the SSR and go fast,,,!!!LOLClap
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 9:37am
You can go fast in the SSR but we don't. I exceed the speed limit by 4 or 5 mph but not much more.

For my 6-2 frame I had to remove the seat back to let my legs to work the pedals. I also had to add a piece of angle iron to the front of the clutch pedal to depress it all the way. My foot would slide up on the small pedal with my toe against the firewall and heel on the floorboard and the clutch not depressed. No bells and whistles, all wheel drive with no low range on a five speed transmission. Not as many things to go wrong. I will never drive it here in anything except first gear.

Edited by Dick L - 16 Nov 2019 at 9:38am
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 9:40am
You'll need to get a good non slipping insulated pad to keep in the cab for when you sit on the truck bed. Snow or no snow that cold steel gets old on the rear end fast.
Grew up with a friend that had one of these on the farm, used for all kinds of chores.

Edited by chaskaduo - 16 Nov 2019 at 12:44pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:11pm
Dick. We had 1 of those at the car dealership I worked for. We put a set of the old fashioned mud and snow tires on the rear axle. It made a whole new unit out of it
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 7:47pm
That is a neat little work horse. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment and use out of it. And simpler is better, much less to go wrong.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 1:02am
I have been thinking about one of them for years too! found an orange one for sale up in Ponca NE. was ona Sunday and no one around to talk to me about it. PfffffT!
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:30am
is that a honda? where did you buy?
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by trace trace wrote:

is that a honda? where did you buy?

I bought it from a dealer in the mini trucks in Clark Lake Michigan. You can find them in quite a few places. Facebook market place is where I found him and several others. I had decided on three different ones that were very close to the same mileage and condition according to the pictures with a 6 digit odometer. I messaged all three around 6:30 or 7:00 am that I was going to buy one of their mini trucks with my cell phone number within the next week. Around 7:30 the guy in Clark Lake called back. 10:30 am he drove in with it in his trailer for me to look at with no trip cost. I looked it over and paid for it. I was hoping that the guy in Cleveland Ohio would have called but he never has. He was a few dollars more but had put a new timing belt in the engine and put on a set of mud and snows. Other than that they were almost the same. I was told that the timing belt needs to be changed after 60,000 miles or so. I have not checked to be sure of the suggested miles. There was a manual in the glove box but is in Japanese.

When I first looked in Market place only a coupe showed up. The more I checked the more different ones showed up. You don't want to give up on the first few tries as some closer showed up but not what I wanted.

Honda it is!

Edited by Dick L - 17 Nov 2019 at 11:03am
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 1:00pm
Is it right hand drive or do my eyes deceive me?
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Is it right hand drive or do my eyes deceive me?

Correct! The Japanese drive on the left side of the street as they do in England. That works best for me feeding!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 2:48pm
most of the parts stores have already started carrying parts for them little trucks.
wva1980 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wva1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 12:53am
Where I live in West Virginia the town cops look the other way when somebody drives one of these down the road. A man used to drive around with his black lab sitting in the passenger seat. It looked like the dog was driving! Hilarious
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:42pm
What is the price range of them, two or four wheel drive?

Oh, I see yours is 4 wheel drive.  I like the wear cover on the seat, thoughtful idea.  I suppose the radio only plays Japanese music... LOL

Edited by JohnCO - 17 Dec 2019 at 12:48pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

What is the price range of them, two or four wheel drive?

Oh, I see yours is 4 wheel drive.  I like the wear cover on the seat, thoughtful idea.  I suppose the radio only plays Japanese music... LOL

You would have to check your area for prices. Around here better condition trucks run between 4,000 and 6,000. I found three under 5,000. Mine was below 4,500.

Check the facebook market place and youtube.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 11:26am
With the right hand drive, US Postal Service will beat a pathway to your door.  Neat little runabout you got there. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 5:56pm
We had one of the Econoline Vans at work and when the first snow flake hit it, it's tires would start spinning.  I don't know why, but the Econoline trucks had a LITTLE better traction, but still not good.
Hope your's goes where ever you want it to go Dick.  And you stay nice and warm doin chores!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic