This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pick up head for a gleaner g?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencefarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pick up head for a gleaner g?
    Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:50pm
Hey, did they make a pick up head for a gleaner g? We are looking at doing more dry soup beans and that would sure be ideal to fit our combine.
Sponsored Links

GM Guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 3:22pm
yes, they offered a dummy head for the G.

What year is yours, and does it have the 4 pins and dual spring cans, or is it quick tach with the pipe on the feederhouse, and the big hooks on the header?

By "dry soup beans" do you mean like black beans or pintos?

If so, there is many modifications available for Gleaners to do edible beans. Bucket elevator, dirt panels, spike tooth cylinder, etc.
Gleaner: the properly engineered and built combine.

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.
spencefarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencefarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 3:55pm
I have the quick tach. Very similar to pinto beans. I combined some this year and it did a nice job but they were still a tad bit moist. But they were starting to shatter. I figure if I can cut them and dry them then pick them up later it should do a great job.

Edited by spencefarm - 19 Oct 2017 at 3:56pm
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:05pm
They used a 13 foot head with your choice of pickup. My dad's C2, G, M2, L3 all had 13 foot pickup heads. I think on smaller combines they would order a 10 foot head for picking up windrow. 
Look in North Dakota, Montana, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta, at the wreckers, should be able to find one to fit your G.  Trev.
Mark D. View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:05pm
We have two "walker" style pickup heads we used with windrowed dry beans.  They are a 'Simpson' head with a 'SUND' pickup attachment.  Been sitting since we started clipping our beans a few years ago.  

Call my Dad, Terry at 989-Five74-8301
Miss Behavin - D21 Super Farm

Xcessive Tinkering - 190 XT Hot Farm Puller

Watch on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2TX1Af7aoA
Vaughn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaughn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 9:01pm
Looking for pick up head for AC 90 combine

opcorn@gmail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic