This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Petition -Iowa State Fair Tractor Pulls and Racing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petition -Iowa State Fair Tractor Pulls and Racing
    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:17pm
For you Iowa and midwest people, I am starting a petition. The Iowa State Fair board removed the 1/2 dirt track. Thus no racing and no tractor pulls. They promised they would build a new 3/8 mile dirt track so these events could return to the fair. I am starting a petition to get them to do that. Would you like to sign it? Please share it also. Thanks
Mike Townsley

Here is the weblink click here
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:37pm
Good luck with that. The guy running the show now might have been hired away from the Missouri state fair. If he is the guy, he don't care what we want, he isn't gonna listen to anything we have to say. The flea market has been held in the 4H building over 5o years. He wants to double or triple the vendor fees plus charge the public to get in the building. They have already taken over a lot of the food concession stands inside the buildings. Some of the people have been running those stands over 50 years. Now, they want to run the flea market and put it into the cattle barn. I'm going to try it next month, don't look for it to be very successful.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:42pm
Tom...move all the vendors off the fair property, that way the dude won't be able to charge anyone anything. when you are asked why? point to him. he won't be around long. then it can go back to the original way. there should be someone that owns property very near the fairgrounds that would be happy to rent space to to everyone at a discount.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:46pm
i signed
SLee(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SLee(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:02pm
I did Mike. Thanks for starting this.
Steve
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 7:54am

Well,,I'm gonna sign it too,,,,!!!   Cause I likes state fairs, flea markets, tractor pulls and roundy round racing,,,!!!  Besides,,I may one day be in that neck of the woods when I finally go get my Chevy Allis,,,,since "You Know Who"  don't want to deliver it,,,,,Wink
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 8:50am
My buddy's and I quit going to the fair when they nixed the pulls. As I understand it, with the current fellow in charge, they are NOT coming back.

I wish you good luck.
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 2:15pm
Went to my first world of outlaws race there, I will never forget it, it is the best fair I have been to in my life...not sure being a Canadian my signature will help much... 
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 11:25pm
I signed. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 8:36am

Done it,,!!
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:37am
I'm not a fan of Mr Slater. I've been on the waitlist for a reserved campsite for 10 years. A few years ago the Fair acquired some of the ground between the campgrounds and University Ave. I was hoping for more camping spaces, but no dice. They used it for parking cars. I highly doubt they will bring any sort of pulling/race track back. There's no room for one. With a track, they'll have to build some sort of permanent covered seating on top of how large the track would be. I don't see them doing it anywhere along E 30th because they put up a new fancy entrance like what they did near the Midway at E 33rd. The only possible place is the north parking lot. As full as it usually is, I highly doubt they could make anywhere near the money on motorsports as they do parking.
I wish some of the things the current leadership wants to do should be put on the ballot. It seems all they're interested in is food and concerts. Stop modernizing the old and historic buildings! It takes away from the ambiance of the experience.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:00pm
Thanks Guys!
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic