This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parts availability???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kddrck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts availability???
    Posted: 09 May 2021 at 7:05am
My 14 year-old son and I have just finished a total restoration of an 8N. Best time ever! We stripped it down, sandblasted, and rebuilt. He learned about mechanics, painting, and most important, how to drive a standard transmission.

He’s wanting to restore an AC C model that we’ve found. The same guy also has a WD 45 which I really admire. Coincidentally, his maternal grandfather (“Pop”) had a C model growing up. Pop’s eyes lit up when we took him out to look at the prospective purchase.

I view the WD 45 as the pretty new girl at school, whereas the 8N is the girl next door. 🙂

Before we bring these tractors home, I’d like some input as to the availability of parts. With the 8N,every part that we needed, down to small rubber grommets, was readily available. There’s nothing worse than tackling a project and not being able to find the parts.

Also, should I expect to pay more for parts? What are the best part website for Allis Chamler?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 7:17am
As with the 8N there is most anything you'll need available for the C & WD45 either from AGCO or the aftermarket sources. There are many venders here on this site that can help you. For AGCO parts, call Sandy Lake Implement and talk to Brenda on the parts counter. Shen knows as much about old Allis things as anyone.  

Edited by PaulB - 13 May 2021 at 8:03pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 7:47am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

As with the 8N there is most anything you'll need available for the C & WD45 either from AGCO or the aftermarket sources. There are my venders here on this site that can help you. For AGCO parts, call Sandy Lake Implement and talk to Brenda on the parts counter. Shen knows as much about old Allis things as anyone.  

Support your LOCAL DEALER just because Brenda decides to spend her advertising dollars here doesn’t make her the goddess some view her as.   Plenty of local compotent folks. In all my years on this site I never seen her post replies helping folks.   On the other hands Dr Allis helps folks daily and tbran on a regular basis also.  I once called tbran and he coached me on the phone and solved the issue I was having.  Not sure what dealer the good Dr is with but I know where Tbran is.  If I ever met Dr Allis I’d be inclined to buy him a steak dinner for all helpful stuff he’s posted 
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 8:13am
Major engine overhaul kits are available from many. Bearings and seals are universal parts. Anything else you need you can just post on this site and someone will respond with available parts.  Many are here to help.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Kddrck View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kddrck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:52pm
Thanks for the replies. We are going to go ahead and get both the WD45 and the Model C.

We’ll restore the model C first. I’m sure I’ll need some advice along the way. Sounds like a good group. If there are any suppliers on here please identify yourself so I can check out your parts.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:06pm
there are a lot of individuals that sell individual "parts".... if you want to look at online pictures and NEW PARTS, check here...  like mentioned, for good used parts, just post what you need.

from the "PARTS AND SERVICE" page of this site.

Edited by steve(ill) - 09 May 2021 at 1:06pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

As with the 8N there is most anything you'll need available for the C & WD45 either from AGCO or the aftermarket sources. There are my venders here on this site that can help you. For AGCO parts, call Sandy Lake Implement and talk to Brenda on the parts counter. Shen knows as much about old Allis things as anyone.  

Support your LOCAL DEALER just because Brenda decides to spend her advertising dollars here doesn’t make her the goddess some view her as.   Plenty of local compotent folks. In all my years on this site I never seen her post replies helping folks.   On the other hands Dr Allis helps folks daily and tbran on a regular basis also.  I once called tbran and he coached me on the phone and solved the issue I was having.  Not sure what dealer the good Dr is with but I know where Tbran is.  If I ever met Dr Allis I’d be inclined to buy him a steak dinner for all helpful stuff he’s posted 
Wow! Where did that come from??? Totally uncalled for IMO!
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Victoryallis:  I share your respect of Dr. Allis, Tbran and many other's here for their wealth of information pertaining to maintenance and service.  But it is totally WRONG of you to throw Brenda under the bus just because she does not post here.  When it comes to FINDING parts, she will go out of her way to find what you are looking for.  If she can't find it, she might know someone who does have it.  I have dealt with her for several years.  She can find stuff that my local AGCO dealer can't.  I am currently restoring a G tractor - my local dealer has been almost useless, but she found some of the parts I was looking for.  For what she couldn't get, she put put me in touch with a gentleman who is not on the internet, but has almost 20 units that he is parting out.  I never would have found what I was looking for if it was not for her efforts.  She did not have to do that.  Your attack on her is totally unfounded and uncalled for.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:14pm
He has a thing about air Gleaners too....
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 5:04am
My local AGCO dealer was never an a AC dealer. They are very good at getting me AC stuff if I have a part number, but they will admit they don't really know a lot about AC parts.

Brenda amazes me with her AC parts knowledge every time I call her. As Myron says, she also often knows where to get parts that are no longer available through AGCO.

Edited by WF owner - 11 May 2021 at 5:05am
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 6:26am
Brenda is great but I have started using Mayer implement in Ohio some as well. The guys are very sharp! And since bill Klein retired, their service shop has more experience.
corbinstein View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:04am
post some pictures when you can. 
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:48am
I'll put in a plug for the Central Iowa Farm Store, Reed and Matt have found a lot of obscure parts for me. 641-753-3996
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 8:25am
Have an order in the mail from Brenda . She's always done right by me . Also got some advice over the phone from Bill a couple times . Think he may have retired . Thanks
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:45am
My local AGCO dealer here will try to help and often can, but they were never an Allis Chalmers dealer.  I have called on Brenda's expertise many times for help over the years and always received excellent service.  Last job I needed parts for was a neighbors D19.  She spent a lot of time chasing the required parts from 3 different locations in the US and when they all arrived at Sandy Lake, she shipped them to me, even though I'm in another country. 
jstamets View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstamets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:11am
I restored an Allis C about 4 years ago.  It was my grandfather's tractor.  There is ALWAYS something that needs done with it, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love working on that little machine.  

Parts are readily available to the point where you could almost build a brand new tractor!  Steiner Tractor Parts has been a good supplier.  I've also used Yesterday's Tractors and DJS.  Operators , Parts and Service manuals are available from Jensales as reprints and are invaluable when rebuilding components and checking specifications.  Occasionally you can find originals for sale on Ebay, which are much clearer than the reprints.

Lastly, this forum has a TON of information from the Old Timers who owned and worked on this kind of equipment.  The knowledge you can get from these guys is priceless.

Good luck with your project and enjoy!
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:44am
Have a local dealer that started out as an Allis Chalmers Dealer in the very early '50's. 
They are great to deal with also.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:54pm
B C and Ca share alot of parts many were made so parts are easily available Wd Wd465 both had long production runs with lots made parts are easy to find. They are both stone simple tractors and easy to repair. Pershion orange is a beautiful color

Edited by Dakota Dave - 13 May 2021 at 12:56pm
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:00am
We touch a little on the whole Tractor for parts. Electrical is our specialty and anything related to it. We offer complete rebuilding services to. Starter, Generator, Distributor, Magneto, Alternator, and also the Delco OEM 3 position switches. Visit our website and check us out. There is a lot of information on 6 & 12V systems and conversions.
Steve@B&B
bb-customcircuits.com
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic