This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our feet getting older

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our feet getting older
    Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 8:26pm
Guys, my feet have gained 2 sizes the past 2 years. I thought it was the dang Chinese made shoes. Not so. The new sneakers I bought 2 years ago don't fit, can't even come close to getting them on. I ordered a new set of hiking shoes today. I hope they fit, I gotta get outta this very comfortable recliner and start getting some exercise. The gal I talked to today says it is usual for folks feet to gain a size or two as we retire. Anyway guys hoping you all have a great weekend. I was gonna go to the State Fair, but it's supposed to be in the high 90's with a load of humidity moved in by noon tomorrow.

Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 5:32am
Not certain what is going on with this Tom, I left the US of Army in size 11s, by the end of the 1990s was in 13s, currently wear 14 narrow or C width and getting damned hard to find. My Dad and uncle wore size 10s from end of WWII until died.

Can totally relate.

Edited by DMiller - 18 Aug 2023 at 5:33am
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 6:53am
Foot/shoe size increase as we age is a normal circumstance, as is change of shape in feet.  You can't prevent it, but there are things that cause it to be more, and faster.  Dietary, exercise, and work all impact it... being very very healthy slows it down... but it doesn't stop it.  Do upsize your shoes accordingly, as trying to force them into what you've always worn is an invitation for pain and damage.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 8:59am
I have wide feet,EEE width. And a high arch. My mother always said she should just buy the boxes the shoes came in as it would be easier to fit me! I have difficulty finding shoes that fit.I used to wear 10- 1/2. Now I wear size 11. Some Chinese made shoes fit but not many. The best work boots are Thorogood or the Belleville Army boots. They are the few that make EEE width boots.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 12:45pm
You know why Elephants have flat feet ?

From jumping out of trees . 

Yes the idea of feet growing in size and in width , from 10 1/2 to 11 and now 12 but bought a pair of slippers to wear in house and 12 has my feet cramped in them . 
 2 pair of size 12 boots I had to have stretched for width - shoe maker said he didn't have a last to go any more on width so still tight in wrong places . 
 Pair of engineer boots I use to wear for riding cycle now tight in all the wrong places , and that D width is now E . Friend gave me some shoes he said pinched him as his width has changed and now i find those which fit 2 years back are getting uncomfortable for me - but just about worn out so will toss then soon . 
Another friend gave me a pair of $200 western Boots , wore them a few times and over last year they don't fit now, unsure if I can find a shoe maker to fix that or not as that is another trade that seems to have disappeared  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 2:43pm
Funny you mention that. Story at work today.Have a coworker in IT whose lineage is three generations of shoe maker/ repair. His father tried to teach the trade to him but proved to be futile. Was safer for him to go in to another profession
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 6:22pm
Wore 11W when I got off active duty in 1972, still wear size 11W. I wear western boots a lot of the time. The only dress shoes I have are military issue.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 6:45pm
8-1/2W since I was about 16 and am now almost 64. No change I've noticed and wear through a set of boots every other year. Diet and activity play a lot in it I'm certain and I am quite active for my age. 
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 7:11pm
10 EEE for the past 50 years... Pushing 70 today... very active.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 7:13pm
Agromegelia! That is you often need a bigger size hat as well
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 10:34pm
only sure of one thing; about 3 yrs ago they did change the sizing of shoes sold in America!  But only one step up.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 4:39pm
since diagnosed with diabetes, my feet went from size 11 to size 14 real fast. 
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 4:46pm
13EE.  Wore size 12 when I was a freshman in high school.  I'm 67.
My dad wore 14A.  Nephew wears a size 17.
Big feet run on my dad's side of the family.
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 5:42pm

Make sure it's not feet swelling from diabetes etc.
Too much of the food supply is over loaded with sugar an' carbs in an attempt to cut fats, based on outdated and incorrectly completed science.

Darwin W. Kurtz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darwin W. Kurtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 10:12pm
all boots fit different, you have to try them on for sure, depends on the brand what size I wear. As for feet getting bigger, I suppose it was hormonal, but my wife's feet went from 9 1/2 to 10/11 after she got pregnant the first time
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 3:17pm
Clay....where do one buy size 17 shoes?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 3:18pm
was at a farm store yesterday, they had size 14 boots, I couldn't get my toes past the lace up part.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 4:04pm
Shamless,  try the internet. Not sure where my nephew buys his.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 6:13pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 6:20pm
several vendors on AMAZON... you pick the size and color..  not cheap, but if you wear size 17, you already know that.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic