This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OT Befco Greenrite II Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimOk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OT Befco Greenrite II Update
    Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 9:54pm
I got an email back from Befco. Included was Operator Manual, Parts Manual and answer to all  my questions. Nice people to deal with. Yes there is a Green Rite II, Yes it has 2 hoppers. Front one is fertilizer, Rear is seed. Originally it had a PTO driven rotor with straight knives to dethatch. Mine has a leaf spring mounted disk section for openers. Best guess is the gear box tossed its cookies and the state modified it to a disk openers. 

On a separate note I've just cut wheat for hay so the season begins.  Be safe out there

Tim from the Rocking TJC
Sponsored Links

Mike NEIN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 10:00pm
How's the wheat look out there? Planted hay Friday last week and it's up, and planted corn Tuesday and it put it's snow suits back on Lol....
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 11:50pm
My wheat looks good but is only 2 - 3 inches high.  Planting corn here would be a waste of seed for another couple weeks.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
TimOk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimOk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 9:33pm
Mine was sowed in early Jan and was 8 to 12" tall and just starting to boot. Some of the field isn't as far along and I'm letting it grow a bit more. We will see what it yields. Any bales are more than I have now so its all good. Hope this is a better hay year but we will take what nature gives us.     Later
Tim from the Rocking TJC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic