This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

o-k...who turned the fan on?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: o-k...who turned the fan on?
    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:54am
wind is blowing so hard here, the "machine" is confused on where to send the pretty! I was out on the deck about an hour ago, didn't dare pee, figgered my legs would gits wet! then I hear our ash tree crackling...
Sponsored Links

truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 6:46am
It's all your fault! You have that dang machine running so fast, it's causing a vacuum behind it. Then as it goes through your area it gets a venturi action going, thus creating more vacuum, which in turn increases the venturi action. It's a vicious circle. All in all, your machine just SUCKS!!!
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 7:21am
Just got home from hauling snow all night. It is minus 31°F before wind chill here all week. I couldn't even bend the hoses on the fuel pumps.

Just tried to start the wife's Jetta which has no block heater, but has synthetic oil in it. No way! Not even with the booster pack on it. So I didn't even bother torturing anything else.

I did go and check and all my rads are still in liquid form thank god, LOL.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:58am
Lots of wind here too lately, but the temps have been just slightly below freezing. Then every so often we get a real warm spell like the last few days and the snow is pretty much all gone from the fields, and the road is getting spring like muddy. (no pavement around here!) 
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 11:33am
Back in Dec, I mentioned to the neighbor that I was tired of the slop. Ground hadn't ever froze more than an inch in places and it seemed to rain about every 3rd day. He said it was hard on his livestock with all the wet damp air too.
 Now I wish we had it back! The snow is getting too deep to plow away from the driveway and it's going to be near 30 below real temp the next couple days. I just came in from pushing the snow back in a few places so I have room to turn around in the driveway, but it won't stay that way if the dang WIND keeps up.
 I don't mind cold, or snow for that matter, just hate when the wind blows 40MPH up on this knob.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:06pm
dang...I don't think I could handle that minus 30 chit very long! the cracking I heard from the ash tree...done sent a limb on down onto the deck, one of my grills is crushed...just scrap iron now. had to shut the pellet stove down, the wind is back feeding the smoke into the house. PffffT!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:12pm
I think 1955CA left THE DOOR OPEN !!..... 15 MPH winds in central Illinois today. Temp was 30F this am, now 20 degrees... suppose to be 5 degrees tomorrow and -10 degrees on Wednesday  !!!!  DANG !  temp is bad, but that wind is killing me.......... Suppose to blow by on Saturday and maybe 40- 45 F next week !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:33pm
We're head for 40 today with rain tonight then all that is coming tomorrow and Wednesday the are saying a chance of 0 being the high windchill -20 to -40 then back up to 51 by Sunday. Just have to wait to see if it's all for real
BrainOOnt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainOOnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:41pm
You can Blame Us Canucks.They are calling it a Albert Clipper
BrainOOnt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainOOnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:42pm
Sorry Alberta Clipper
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:57pm
 National weather Service is sayin " Coldest Outbreak in 25 Years",,,Ya'll best be gettin them extra thick long handles out the drawers and,,,,and,,,strappin them on quick,,,,,,lookin like ole Shameless is havin to pay along with lots of innocent folk,,,,Wink Check-in Darrel,,,you still OK,,,?? I'm thinkin ole Darrell G musta got a whiff of this bugger comin as he done flew the coop and nestled in nice and warm with ole Armand down to Arizona,,,,,,Clap
 Gosh,,Shameless,,,,sorry bout thet dang tree ruinin your grill,,,but at least you got you some more firewood,,,,,,LOL Just call ole Les and go visit and stay a spell,,,he needs the company,,,,Wink

Oh,,did I forget to mention it is mid - hi 50's here in the high desert country with winds bout 2-3 mph,,,sigh,,,,,Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:30pm
Hey Joe gets a break! Smile
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by BrainOOnt BrainOOnt wrote:

You can Blame Us Canucks.They are calling it a Albert Clipper

Well, I'm thinkin Trump needs to build a wall on the northern border to keep Albert out!!!!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:49pm
They've predicted 40 to 60 mph winds here for tonight and tomorrow.  Wednesday is a HIGH of -27 (MINUS) with 20 to 30 winds.  Just lovely!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 6:20pm
 National weather Service is sayin " Coldest Outbreak in 25 Years",,,

GLOBAL WARMING ???   Thumbs Up   ............. call Al Gore and complain.

Edited by steve(ill) - 28 Jan 2019 at 6:20pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:01pm
If anybody complains about it being too warm, they can come up here. They're predicting-35 with windchills to -65.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:24pm
Oldgal and I is down on the bottom, sorta in a horse shoe divot. High hills surrounding us except to the South West. I can stand out on the pattio and listen to the wind a blowing over us, seldom get any wind, but it also drops the snow down on us. Last one we had over 2 feet in a lot of places. Skid loader has a roll cage but no enclosure. It's dang cold out there it took 6 hours last time to push it outta the road. I think I've the biggest piles of snow in the 30+ years we've been here, and the smallest pile of wood in that time. Neighbor told me to clean up the mess of dead trees behind the woodshed. It's not laying on the ground so it outta burn good.
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:38pm
Yep, got to minus 50 here today. I finally got the VW's running. Had to use brake cleaner and a booster pack to get them to fire.
The F150 started no problem. And surprisingly so did my emission motored lemon Western Star.
Work got cancelled tonight though. City had too much of their equipment breaking in the cold. 
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:49pm
The 10pm weather report says we had 44 mph sustained wind sunday night with gusts to 66 mph, Castana, Ia. reported 68 mph gust. Sure glad it stayed above "0" last night.
I'd never heard my metal house siding rattle n clatter like it did last night and this morning. Still have gusts over 40 mph.
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:55pm
KJ...you may hafta go out and tighten them sheets back up! with this wind and cold, I wonder how cold it has to be to freeze pee between the exit and the yard?
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 12:18am
What choo talkin bout Shameless?

Lou - That's A Good One Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 2:45am
 WHOOOEeeeeeeee,,,dang,,, but I feel for all youse guys havin to deal with this weather,,,unbelievable below zero readings the Weather Service is reporting,,,,!!!! Ya'll stay home from this monster storm and just keep addin wood, corns, pellets or whatever form of heat you use in them stoves/ heaters,,,,,WHEw,,,,they's saying lots of minus 60 degree temps,,,BE CAREFUL OUT THERE,,,,!!!!
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:37am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:02am
Originally posted by 1955CA 1955CA wrote:

Yep, got to minus 50 here today. I finally got the VW's running. Had to use brake cleaner and a booster pack to get them to fire.
The F150 started no problem. And surprisingly so did my emission motored lemon Western Star.
Work got cancelled tonight though. City had too much of their equipment breaking in the cold. 
Mi mi mi mi.........minus 50?!  Holy crap!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:03am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

KJ...you may hafta go out and tighten them sheets back up! with this wind and cold, I wonder how cold it has to be to freeze pee between the exit and the yard?
I ain't pulling anything out of my pants at that temperature to find out.  It might be the last time you do!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:22am
I just thought of that too T-Bone after you mentioned it! whew!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:19am
You can Wink stop telling me how cold you are. It is not to be less than mid 30's Tongue the next 10 days but not much sun Cry so I am to darn cold Cry, even with my toes in the fire.

Thankfully got the cows moved to bigger pasture so I don't have to feed in the mud and rain that is coming out here.Since that contraption Angry could just take that rain and turn it into that nasty white stuff AngryAngryAngry.

So all of you that didn't run (ConfusedConfusedConfused why wouldn't you)for it like Darrell did last week stay safe and warm so you don't get frostbite.

Edited by Ray54 - 29 Jan 2019 at 11:30am
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:16pm
Well, we are about 65 degrees below a refrigerator setting...
  or -28 below a deep freezer's setting...
.... all because of our local shameless with his bribes to the Siberskies over in Ruskie lands... gettin them to send all that cold so he can spread all his 'pretty' unwanted dandruff...
  SHAMELESS!!!, CANCEL your agreements with them cold as hell makers!...  Tooks qabout two hours to stop shivverin after doin my chores tonight...  Went to town and got some 5W20 to dump in the tractor tonight so it will maybe turn over easier tomorrow!
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:29pm
Right now in Fairbanks, AK, it's 20 degrees with a high of 24 on Tuesday and a low of 17.  Normally 17 for a high would be considered a heat wave this time of the year.
Here in my part of Colorado it was 1 degree last night, 35 today but after the 45 tomorrow, the next week is gonna be in the 50's and 60's.  I feel for you guys back east but I know you are all hardy enough to take it!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:35pm
Just watch ice skating on them irrigation ditches John you might hit a air pocket and fall in
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic