This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OK guys D15 question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK guys D15 question
    Posted: 18 May 2011 at 6:38pm
I was told by an expert in order to get my gen and vr on the same page to jump momentarily the bat and gen terminals to get a spark, doing this with the key on but engine not running. Fair enough. But this country boy can't find a gen terminal...just field, bat and arm on the vr. So can I jump from the hot side of the battery to...what? I know it's a dumb question but hey, what can I say. Thanks, Dana PS on the gennie I have field and arm.
Sponsored Links

BobHnwO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobHnwO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 8:34am
Can't help but put up top,to get some replies!!
Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 9:11am
I'm thinking my question is...is Gen same as Arm OR Fld?
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 10:30am
The method that has worked for me over the years takes about five seconds. Connect a length of 14-Gauge (or similar) wire to the 'A' terminal of the Control Box (voltage regulator). Quickly swipe the opposite end of the wire two or three times across the 'F' terminal on the back of the generator. The 'F' terminal is the smaller of the two. There should be a small spark.

That's it, you're done. Just be sure you do not leave the wire in contact with the generator for more than a split second, and do avoid touching it to anything else.

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sitesstables View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sitesstables Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 10:36am
Arm is for the Gen do not use the field.. You can also search Polorizing your regulator.
1965 D17 Series IV
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 10:58am
NEVER jump to the field side of the VR or Gennie. Easy way to to damage to both. Arm' goes to the "A" (Armature) post of the Gennie. Field to "F" post on the Gennie. Jump ARM to BAT. You're now Polarized..
Steve@B&B
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic