This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oilfield A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote split51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oilfield A
    Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 11:25pm
  I found an A today and was wondering what you guys think would be a reasonable price to offer.
   The engine is frozen.
     Does the oilfield assembly have much , if any value? I am not interested in it and would remove it and put the tractor back to normal.

Below is an added bonus found. A minneapolis 17-30B

Edited by split51 - 03 Nov 2011 at 11:26pm
1929 20-35 sn17662
B1 w/snow blade
B10 w/sickle mower
B110 w/mower deck
B110 w/tiller
B112 w/grader blade
B210 w/plo
Sponsored Links

B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 7:11am
Very interesting find , I have never seen a muffler like the one on the A
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 7:28am
As for back to normal ;Any pictures of radi top .I have seen a few or these with a small top tank like the 25-40 ,20-35  & e-60 power units tanks .Drum brakes,axles not same as A,over center clutches ,front axle ,etc. .The rear wheel bolt pattern is the same as a UC if back wheels are good .Most of time the oil pans are differant then the A tractor . Never the less they will make a cheap want to be A and makes for talk .Would take ALOT of parts to make it a NORMAL A again .Any parts missing off engine ? manifold any good ?
I would think junk price or a little more ,but I am not standing aside of it looking at it.
Good Luck
D-allis Iowa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-allis Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 7:28am
nice find. someone would probably trade you a A for the oilfield. Seems a shame to dismantle the rig off of it as I am sure very few of them exist.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:48am
I'd be inclined to leave it as the oilfield service unit.  Far more interesting and rare than your standard A.  As to the Minnie, I saw your post on the Stak and it looks like that old Minnie hit that tree hard enough to bend it!!LOL.  I hope you get then both.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 10:59am
Cool! it might have the high speed road gear too! Years ago Dave Bowers found one of those and didn't know what to call it so he calls it a model UAW

Edited by Butch(OH) - 04 Nov 2011 at 11:01am
tractorchuckie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 4:40pm
are the spoke rear wheels  stock? I don't think I've seen them on an A before.
still looking for the holy grail of Allis
norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 7:27pm
  we have a oil field WC in the barn  runs an for sle   serious buyers only  1-800-254-3116  not mine   [a friends]  runs good   all  tires good an  up with air  6volt also
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 5:45am
These A-C oilfield tractors are Fred Cooper conversions. I have some info on them.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 6:36am
Originally posted by tractorchuckie tractorchuckie wrote:

are the spoke rear wheels  stock? I don't think I've seen them on an A before.
It is  a Copper oil tractor .If you read what I said about the tractor ,when they changed the rear outer axle and put a drum bake on the axle ,they put a hub on the axle and used a wheel like a UC .I have got wheels off some of these units through the years to put on UC's because they did not fill the tires, these wheels stayed nice! Chuck you need to get  Terri to help you read .LOL  . Fred
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 6:39am
Copper was like Thompson,they bought parts from AC and built Units and tractors from them ! You never know if you will ever see 2 of the same from these guys .
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

[QUOTE=tractorchuckie] are the spoke rear wheels  stock? I don't think I've seen them on an A before.
It is  a Copper oil tractor .If you read what I said about the tractor ,when they changed the rear outer axle and put a drum bake on the axle ,they put a hub on the axle and used a wheel like a UC .I have got wheels off some of these units through the years to put on UC's because they did not fill the tires, these wheels stayed nice! Chuck you need to get  Terri to help you read .LOL  . Fred
BTW Chuck the check made ,can't wait to see Terri again .God bless her .LOL
SteveMaskey(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMaskey(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 7:20pm
Butch, The one my brother and I have will run about 30 miles per hour. That is about 26 miles per hour faster than it needs to go.
coop97 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 8:05pm
Split51 your inbox is full
56 WD45 DSL,55 WD45 DSL,53 WD45,50 G,48 C,37 A,30 E 25-40,28 E 20-35,79 5030
Tricky Dickie View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricky Dickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 1:58am
Looks like a great find! Would the heavy cable equipment come off to leave it as an oilfield tractor without the extra clutter, or would that defeat the object of the exercise? Either way, A's are great tractors in any shape or form! By the way, I think that the "silencer" is actually a spark arrester. 

Tricky Dickie

Edited by Tricky Dickie - 06 Nov 2011 at 2:01am
split51 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote split51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 8:23am
Thanks for the info guys, I am going to try to make a deal on it next week

I fail to see what Norms WC for sale has anything to do with the A I found.
    Norm, please put it in the classifieds where it belongs.

Coop, sorry, I got some space now
1929 20-35 sn17662
B1 w/snow blade
B10 w/sickle mower
B110 w/mower deck
B110 w/tiller
B112 w/grader blade
B210 w/plo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic