This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh! the humanity!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh! the humanity!
    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:03pm
Say it ain't so! 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam, up in smoke!

Oh well, at least them fish died happy!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Sponsored Links

Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:16pm
If you are going to get fined and be responsible for the fishkill wouldn’t it be better to let it burn? Expect Bourbon prices to sky rocket. On a lighter note bourbon infused catfish would pretty tasty
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:25pm
 Jeeeezeee,,,one would of thought the officials at Jim Beam would of had an " Emergency Response Plan" written, posted at all of their locations and circulated to all their supervision,,,ESPECIALLY when you produce a product that is in close proximity to,,AND WILL affect the water quality of a waterway. My goodness,,it too late to jump when all them basses and crappies and all are floatin to the top,,,,
 You cannot be held liabel for chit Mother nature does to your buildings,,,,but you better have an active and written "PLAN" to contain your product,,,,,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:34pm
this is the second time that has happened.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:16am

I'm with ole Red Bank,,,them whiskey catfish would be ,,,"interesetin",,maybe that's why they are warnin the people to NOT eat the whisky tastin fish,,,,,,Wink
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:48am
didn't they have an old barn collapse with thousands of barrels of aging whiskey lost recently?
well, shoulda' read the article before posting.

Edited by LouSWPA - 12 Jul 2019 at 5:55am
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:22am
Was another distillery, Barton 1792, salvaged more than half.

This was a lightning strike according to the news as was Daniels fire.

Rick Houses are just post and beam barns, have MASSIVE air flow distribution where a small fire turns into a Volcano in a instant. Heaven Hill had a Rick House fire LONG Ago, that building collapsed with boiling burning whiskey flowing to another then another then finally a river of whiskey flowed down the hill toward the distilling house made a Hard Left and set the whole business afire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_Hill

A typical Rick House the whiskey 'Angel's Share' is so strong you can smell it at a distance(The whiskey evaporates from the outside of the barrels) that produces the growth of the Angel Share Fungus on the Outside of the buildings and blackens the nearby trees.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baudoinia_compniacensis

Edited by DMiller - 12 Jul 2019 at 6:29am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:40am

Got to see it First Hand some time back!!

Edited by DMiller - 12 Jul 2019 at 6:40am
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:50am
Dave, did you wobble back to your truck by chance?
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:43pm
Guess the sprinkler system got overwhelmed.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:46pm
My grandgather usedta fook off corn squeezins, back in the day.  Family lore and from my experience was that this is a man that never ran to or from anything(I'm kinda the same way, during PT for an ACL replacement, they had me onna treadmill, kept upping the speed, I kept dialin it back, asked them what's my motivation? LOL)

Anyway, story goes he was watchin the still, saw a single ember, from the wood fire go airborne, and waft its way into the ketch barrel, and Whoosh! a blue flame make its way about 500' into the night sky!  He was runnin, then, hidin barrels  fulla whiskey, and other evidence!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic