This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Odd Allis Chalmers Brass Dial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiwotGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Odd Allis Chalmers Brass Dial
    Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 10:27am
Hello:
I am a new member to the forum, so forgive my digital fumbling.
Currently restoring an H3 and a G, but that's for another day.
In an antique shop, my wife spotted, and purchased (what a gal) a cast brass dial with Allis Chalmers Milwaukee WI cast into the face.
The dial is numbered 1 -> 10.  About 10" diameter.  
Actually there are two dials connected by a shaft with a worm gear in the center.
The dials are mirror image (one clockwise on counterclockwise).
I have pictures, but unable to attach.  Is that possible in this forum?
Does anyone have an idea what these might be?
Thank you, Guy
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 12:37pm
It is possible to post pics here,
Go to the reply box, and click on diagonal arrow, that will take you to the full reply editor.  Click on message box, (where you want picture to show up in your message)
Now, Look for the tree icon in upper bar and click on that, When running mouse over it, it should say, 'insert image'.
now that pops up a new screen that says image properties. go down to where it says 'Browse', click on it and go find where you have your picture at, then click 'open',
then click 'upload'... sometimes it says 'please wait'  and then picture should show up in message box.
  But it is best to have your pictures under the 998 width / height pixel size before uploading.
Good luck.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 5:34pm
You might be too new to the site, IIRR, there's a rule about new posters putting pics up, I think its to keep spammers out...  get in 25 or 50 posts, and see if the site lets you.  Welcome to the forum!Thumbs Up
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 7:05pm
Power plants use to have 10 inch gauges. Allis gauges had white or stainless face and brass screw on rings...  Could be pressure, vacuum , flow... they all were the same size, with different internals.

normally there is a NAME on the gauge that tells what it was measuring.

Edited by steve(ill) - 24 Feb 2023 at 7:07pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 10:30pm
Welcome to the forum. 
Didn’t someone on here awhile ago have something similar and people thought it was the elevator dial from over the doors
NiwotGuy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiwotGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:42pm
Okay, I tried to upload photo, but file is too large.  I'll retake with smaller resolution.
A agree the dial looks like an elevator indicator, but I cannot find any history of Allis Chalmers ever manufacturing an elevator (other then for hay & grain).
Photo's might be up in a week or so..
Thank you, Guy.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:54pm
I think It would have been in the office buildings and plant. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic