This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OC Like I needed more projects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OC Like I needed more projects
    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 9:39pm
Okay, I know they are the wrong color but I had to show them off anyway.  Hope I don't offend anybody.  We just took delivery on these two Cub Cadets tody.  I think we got a pretty decent deal.  Six hundred dollars got use a 149 with a mower deck and a 1650 with a deck, snow blade, and weight box.  They are both pretty rough but I'm told they will both run.  With some time and attention I think they'll be all right in the end.  The 1650 needs a hydro seal before it does too much for sure.  I think a few guys on here have had some experience with machines like this so I'm open to any thoughts, comments, or advice.
Later,
Brad

Warning! Blind man with a tractor! Head for the hills!
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 8:23am
Great machines! Have a 149 and a 1650 myself, as well as a 1450 and a 782. Sounds like you got a great deal to me. The 1650 probably needs a set of motor mounts. I have a Napa part no. around here somewhere. I'll get it found and post it for you, lots cheaper than the originals and not that hard to install.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:20am
The Napa part number is; 265-1285, it is a 'sway-bar repair kit'.
BradH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 8:48pm
That's great, thanks.  I'd heard the motor mounts in those usually need replaced.  I just rolled out one machine I pretty much got working again today and put the 1650 inside in it's place to start working at on Wednesday.  I'm gonna start by pulling that weight box off the back before I hit my shins on it a dozen times.  I've got wheel weights I can use instead for pushing snow.  Hopefully it won't take much to make it run again.  It only sat about a year so I'm crossing my fingers.  I've not been having much luck as a mechanic lately though. 
Later,
Brad

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 9:17am
Here's a pic of my current line-up, including the 720. I wish I knew more about the wheel weights on the 1650. Who made them? Would like to have another set, they are 55 lbs. apiece, about 2&1/2 times a cub cadet weight.

BradH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 7:58am

I started tinkering on the 1650 the other day.  A quick carb cleaning and it doesn't run half bad.  It may still need some fine tuning but it's a start.  I've got a different seat to put on it but we need to make an adapter for it to bolt on.  Then I'll start fixing the hydro leak it has.  It's a real mess so I'm gonna pick up some degreaser today.  I took the weight box off the other day too.  I've got a set of wheel weights from a JD that I think will fit right on.  Might have to make them a different color first though. 

The 149 may be a tougher job.  It needs a switch to start with.  Then it's on to the mess of wires everywhere.  But that's for later.  Thanks for sharing the picture.
Later,
Brad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic