This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not sure where to post this.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not sure where to post this.
    Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:29pm
I really enjoy this forum as we all love orange tractors and silver combines. Every evening when I log on the homepage displays how many new posts have been made that day in each different category. It is incredible that often the political posts are now more popular than the farm equipment ones!!!!And only a small handful enjoy fueling the fire. No wonder this great country is so polarized now. Ryan
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:51pm
This section is the most popular with me, farm equipment a very close second. I very rarely go on the political forum, don't need to run my blood pressure up. This is by far the best forum I have ever been on, especially for advice, emotional support if needed, and good natured ribbing on occasion. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 8:22pm
Ryan some have run over to facebook, I do both and so many say it's hard to post picture hear and easier over on facebook but if they can post over there they should be able to post them here, it's just as easy here. That my .05 worth. 
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:02pm
I think it's weather related with farm equipment not a lot going on tractor wise this time of year so not as many posts. When they get out of the shed in the spring the farm equipment posts will pick up. I have been in the politics section absolutely mind blowing for me but you have to be thick skinned to survive. And I like the shops section that's where you get to know each other on a personal level. So sit back and enjoy.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 11:33pm
I hit the classifieds first, then the farm equipment and then here.  This is where I spend my most time.
Then if I think about it, I go to the Forum Support or Forum Talk and try to help out.
Which reminds me, I need to go to the forum talk and see the write up that Sugarmaker did.  I requested he show us how to use IMGUR for doing pics.  Photobucket was nice and easy, but then they held everyone up for a fee....I just have to go and get all my pictures off of there.  Bah Hum Bug!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:34am
I thank Darrin, for buildin this site so well.  If you wanna talk politics you can.  If you don't, well there's lots of other spots you can hang out...Wink
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 7:35am
I usually stay away from the political stuff as there seems to a complete lack of respect towards each other in there.🙁
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:24am
Its hard to have respect for people that continue to post what they know is fake news and lies...........
The Govt is shut down, 800,000 out of work due to an argument of a few dollars for border security... That is a BIG problem in my opinion.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:27am
I don't even go to the political side of the house.  i peeked there once for a few minutes and decided it was not worth it and would accomplish nothing for me.
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:41am
I'm with you Dave and Stan. Orange machinery brought me to this forum in the first place. I didn't join to talk politics and don't like all the nastiness down there. When they say no lifeguard on duty they ain't kidding.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:57am
Seems I have moved off the Political posts some (much or none at all) a while back and now kind of Construction or the Shop / Trucks section is where I read . 
 Then it seems FB has become the political wasteland I use now - to become kind of depressed of how many IDIOTS are out there who believe whatever is posted by whoever. 
 Will say here at least there is some sivility left in political posts where on FB people you don't know end up calling you every name one can not repeat. 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:00pm
Seems my posting of late has been reduced quite a bit - then with 38,000 posts gues it should be to let others catch up . 
 Was working on and off driving so kind of took a rest from posting part of year . Now that it's cold and guy I was driving for last contract - guess will be spending more time with motorcycle things . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:26pm
Wife and I had the 'Talk' the other day of growing older, getting too sedentary at the farm maybe too much house and asked how long before we cut back on space and physical demands of keeping the place and machines up and just go touring the nation.

She has passed 55, I am in my sixties now on SS and retirement pension. Body IS beat to a pulp so may be nearing that magic mark. Sell it all buy a 2br one or two bath mailbox a Class 7 tow rig and a fifth wheel toy hauler, go see this great nation the park lands and all there is available before we have to stop or time just stops us. Probability is three to five years will happen.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 2:36pm
Ryan, this is a great site thanks to Darin.
 the tractor section does get slow from time to time and the construction idles along... Shop section gets a lot of laughs and then theres the dungeon of dragons that need slaying. LOL
 Back on the old forum, there were so many against hearing what was happening in the government, they only wanted to hear about tractor restorations or the likes. The problem was and is that what the government does, also affects the farming industry and spiders out to us old 'collectors' that got iron sitting that some goody twoshoe outfit decries it as an eye=-sore and demands it get cleaned up. and they involve other powers that be. and soon it is gone...
  and the new generation of farm kids is far far fewer than there was when I was growing up, or even 20 years ago. and not very many want anything old anymore, they want the new flashy all gismo enhanced air conditioned features.
 In another 30 years, I doubt there will be any old farm shows to speak of... and sadly very few forums on the net by then also.
 I look at what young bucks we have on here and there's only a few, far to few, CrestonM being one of them.

I hope the grandpas will grab their grandkids and take them to the shows to show them what life was kinda like... and get them interested in preserving the history the best they can. and i hope it keeps the shows alive.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 2:54pm
JC, think you can take them back to the "good ole days" of no running water in the house, those frosty seat mornings at the out house, no central heat or air, etc, now we are talking the god life.  Wink
D, if you like where you live and the surrounding like I do, why move?  Just shut down some of the living space, rent the land out (I don't have any), park or sell the equipment cept something you may need for hauling firewood or whatever, and stick a 5th wheel in the barn.

It will creep up on you.  We have already had the fifth wheel hooked up once for the annual pilgrimage to SC to the duaghter's house and then had to unhook and stuff it back in the barn.  Still thinking about getting out if we can get the health issues under control.

Get it on my friend and don't think you have to become a city dweller.

I don't think I could do without hearing the coyotes at night and all the other country things that go with it.

Edited by Dave H - 19 Jan 2019 at 3:03pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 4:09pm
Father in law had a 5th wheel and wandered for a few years. Then parked it in the barn and lived in it ...... Rented out the house.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 9:00pm
I have to agree with Dave here....

Originally posted by Dave H Dave H wrote:

I don't think I could do without hearing the coyotes at night and all the other country things that go with it.
The city has nothing but noise, crowds, traffic and people with no respect for each other.
I've taken the grand kids out to the farm, away from the city and they think I have a different sky than the one they see.  MY sky has SOOooo many more stars than theirs.
Letting them drive the tractors around and doing some simple chores has NOTHING to do with it,,,,,,,,,right?? Clap Big smile
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic