This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No longer have a deere on my paychecks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No longer have a deere on my paychecks.
    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 10:44pm
Thursday evening I accepted a job offer from the local caterpillar dealership to work on trucks, ag products, and heavy equipment. The boss lady at the deere dealership has been sinking the ship and I have decided i dont like cold water. She recently got chewed out for calling a customer the guy with the retarded son, this guy does have a disabled son but they both are nice and respectable people. I decided this wasn't something i wanted to represent. All her lovely work has also made enough of an impact to make the company decide against building a new store for our location and instead build one for the next store over. Oh well at least i'm working for a company that does business with agco now
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 3:48am
Congratulations on the new job. I'm sure you will be pleased with the change and can look back and enjoy the experience you did receive while working for Deere. At least it was a paycheck when you needed it. Good luck with the new job.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:29am
Congratulations on your new job, and good luck!
Good friend of my son recently quit as a tech for JD. He gave them his two weeks notice one day, and they told him he didn't get two weeks. Be gone by 5 o'clock that night. I guess that is the standard policy of the two big green dealerships in our area. They supposedly don't want someone who is quitting to "learn any more on their dime" Darrel
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:45am
Congrats Blue on being able to do the right thing it says a lot about the dealership that they can’t see she is the problem. I think in the past is was a gentleman’s agreement on the two week notice thing that you give them time to hire someone to replace you but in today’s world most everyone is understaffed and to keep from giving anyone else any ideas in leaving they just send you out the door.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 5:05pm
Congratulations on your new job. Be thankful that the Good Lord gave you the foresight to leave before the dealership was run into the ground. Best of luck on your new job. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 7:33pm
Congratulations on the new job. I have a nephew that works for Cat up in Peoria Illinois and has been with them maybe 8 years now and likes his job. Best wishes on the new job!!
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:14pm
congrats Blue on your decision to move away from diaster! there is no room in my world for a person like that, and glad you saw it too! I think you'll do good where ever you decide to go!
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 9:15pm
another thing i think will be good is the company has internal people do a bunch of the training.  and i believe they said 1 week of training per year is mandatory. at the deere dealership june 8th was my 1 year mark and i hadnt gotten any training on the dozens of new products that deere came out with or any to get me up to speed on what was already out.
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic