This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Year, New challenges.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Year, New challenges.
    Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 5:40pm
Been pushing it off hoping was wrong but ended up Eye Doc visit today, reflects back to the excessive Floaters I had, and have not decreased last June.  NOT Ever had either Eye Doc not associates I have been in contact with have noted heavy floaters toward front of eye, ALWAYS almost as a rule to the back of the eye fluid.  
So along with that had a "Polar Cataract" dead center in my Good Eye start to form, was noticing the burring and had hoped was not anything but the floaters, wrong again.  So blur got worse over last two months distinctively, written letters or print on paper getting harder to read and set today's appointment.  

First Off, still have the floaters and STILL to the Front, negligible to the rear of eye.  Left implant lens put in 2019 has minor deposition of something causing that one to blur, doc said see that quite often where is a laser technique to clean them off, Called YAG Surgery, all external nothing invasive except laser.  Next up the Good Eye, cataract in somewhere around a six month period has gone from 5-7%, to over 60% erupted, at the rate he sees I will be lucky to make this June before 100% erupted, he personally has not ever had notation or journal records of a cataract erupting at that speed, so we scheduled with eye surgeon to get this one done while at same time removal of some fluid will occur and they can sample the floaters.
I see St Louis Eye surgeon on the 17th to start this as initial consultation for lens replacement.  The doc that performed my other eye is out with shoulder surgery.  This has to take as my CDL comes due in August, I cannot pass the eye exam and my work on the Truck was for nothing, may even affect getting any license if is what the doc is fearing but will get into that possibility should it evolve.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:03pm
Wife started that high pitched nuisance noise again, this time about the Truck should Eye Surgery be bad or lose license Yadda Yadda, etc.  Then in next breath noted SHE cannot pick up a five gallon oil jug when works kitchen at the Eagles Hall, back killing her all the time, got notice has developing osteoporosis.  Explained as did Doc that sitting staring at one eyed boob tube is not helping herself!!  She cried as did not want to hear HAS to work at something everyday or lose what is not used.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 6:55am
Add insult to injury, been dealing with hand/finger numbness again, increasing as time wears on.  Saw spine doc to validate not something I have done to damage what he already repaired as also have some serious clicking and snags in neck region last week.  He sent me first for a Nerve Study, was there yesterday, doc there explained is the method to rule out ALS, Myasthenia Gravis or Guillain Barre' GBS Syndrome.  And she did. 

I went thru Carpal Tunnel testing in 2018, and got that found/fixed, now I have progressed to Cubital Tunnel!!  In my push to do all I can as often as can I have stressed the nerve/tendon gallery region in BOTH my elbows.  Welders and Fitters tend to get this as eventually old mechanics will.  Yesterday was test torture day for this.  Little electrical device looked like modified taser, then needle insertion into muscle groups to be electro stimulated to serious twitch levels!!  Marquis de Sade school of Health tests!!!

Only an hour and half but done and found the Cubital Tunnel that is treatable, mostly with rest.

Edited by DMiller - 14 Jan 2023 at 7:00am
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 8:56am
Cubital ? ... i have never heard of that Dave.... Rest up , and good luck... Sounds like GOOD news that they eliminated the "OTHERS" and this is treatable.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 8:59am
wonder if you could have smashed it when you fell off the truck several weeks ago ?

i just GOGGLE and found this...

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 10:06am
  This is a good time of the year to get rest, would be a lots worse to try and rest in the spring or summer when everything green and growing
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 11:57am
I know where your coming from with things going numb, and the worry that goes with it. An then the doctor running his mini stock prod trying to find where the numbness starts. A great easing of the worry when they confirm it is not one of the dieses that keeps going until you don't.

They never found where my nerve was bad, but I declined the doc hacking my arm open to inspect the nerve and try reconnecting it. Just knowing it was not something coming to my whole body was great. Hope you get good news too.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 12:16pm
Me too Ray!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 7:23pm
Loads of fun, Photos, Mappings, poking and prodding inspections of both Eyes and Both Corneas, evaluation completed started at 2pm finished 5:30.  With Astigmatism in good eye cornea, and the level of Nearsighted with age best option is a Multifocal Toric lens implant.  This due to it being 1, My only quality Vision eye where the other cannot be made all that much better, and 2, as I still have decent functioning musculature to adjust a toric lens for mid range vision.  Only other option is $+2500 Multifocal with modest Far sight and seriously lacking close in vision, single level optic standard lens will not gain any function or aid in eyesight nor be reasonably correctable to any level to keep a Class A CDL as well that still $+1500.  Will STILL have to daily wear glasses, will Still have to have Bifocal glasses lens but will be rid of cataract. $3500 MORE than insurance and Medicare will cover.  Then on to BAD eye, will a month after receive a YAG surgery to rid it of clouding Lens retention membrane behind it so can at least achieve 20/40 in that one, will not correct further due to damaged cornea as has three levels of astigmatism across that and uncorrectable.  That surgery covered by Medicare.

Well the RV just got slipped back to a dream at unaffordable, again.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:32am
As to the C. T. is most prevalent as to over use and abuse of tendon to inflame the tunnel tissue crimping the nerve, and is in both arms where I hit my back in the fall.  EMG applying Doc was asked that very question, said only if fell directly onto both elbows same time where would have not been able to continue use.

Eerie side note, was shown photos of the retinal region of both my eyes, noted the Nerve connection point the Flash had illuminated a highlight yellow.  Regular Eye Doc had mentioned a eventual blindness to my eyes in reasonably distant time, roughly 10 years, never really expanded upon.  This doc noted that very highlight indicates nerve damage, traumas to left of initial injury then repair surgery and lastly cataract repair, the right one having done ALL the work of last 36 years as well welding impacting both.  His example was of a Extension electrical cord, thick heavy, somewhat flexible, then a Cell Phone charge cable thinner, lighter, more fragile and breaks more readily.  My head and eyes having been on a swivel these last 36 years, riding motorcycles, driving HDtrucks, using one eye predominantly with the other chasing second seat has had a notable effect over flexing on both optic nerves.  Most likely Glaucoma will strike first, could see macular degeneration symptoms just prior.  And NOT pressure dependent in this case, Left Eye is low for normal pressure, right is absolutely at normal band, he stated does not matter as the nerve decides when to fail.  I may have until mid/late seventies when will see this parade of effects in his estimation.

Edited by DMiller - 18 Jan 2023 at 9:33am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 2:57pm
At least the wagon is licensed and have started collecting pieces to make additional steps for my short legged wife!!

Cans were just rough position so could get a better measure for materials to make mounts.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 3:34pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 12:01pm
Finished DOT Inspection this morning, nice Blue sticker on Scale side of cab.  Will not stop offhand inspections where many times they inspect the inspected for a easy day.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:38am
Health issues moved to forefront.  Saw back doc again yesterday, read report from EMG Tech, Moderate 'Damage' and Concerns for Cubital Tunnel issue, will need addressed as in treatments with steroids, therapy, possibly surgery as do for Carpal where split the inflamed sheath.  BOTH Elbows, may just deal with.  As for arm itch and numbness knew C4 to C5 disc was collapsing in 2017, could only do the two worst discs as Insurance would NOT pay for three, it is almost fully collapsed where the nerve channel has narrowed considerably from '17 on left side at the facet wings off the vertebra C4 and C5.  Get a Steroid 'Guided Injection' there on the 17th of March to see if can decrease the growth and stem irritation of the nerves, should that fail to deliver relief after a five to six month period and back in for a third neck disc implant as will not get better, arms and hands will become ever increasing Numbed.  Not yet been in contact with hip surgeon on pinning of R Sacroiliac Joint that has been torn for ?decades? and is painful every day.

Eye Surgery for Cataract next week 2/3, followed with wife to get colonoscopy Feb 13th and my second eye YAG surgery on the other eye the 3rd of March, in between regular ophthalmologist visits as to progress.  Hell of a way to start a new year.

Wife whining wants to be out of debt before get a RV for the truck.  Explained are NOT EVER out of debt, fell on deaf ears.  She insists she will not work until dead, where is exaggerating beyond nonsensible.  Wants entire house/farm paid off, which will not happen for at least 7-8 years, explained that, again does not understand, wants to throw all extra cash at it so explained again, HER monetary habits are a problem.  New clothes monthly, keeps asking when will replace our bed or LR Furnishings, wants new LR chairs and a bigger Couch, CANNOT Survive without Cable/Streaming/Satellite TV.  Expenditures she makes Monthly for expendables is well passed $400.  Getting somewhat stupid now.

Has a Retirement Account, and a Retirement Investment Account as well SSI is near to as much as I receive now that I have been retired for coming on 6 years.  She can draw nearly as much as I do after retires where will have to pay for Medicare at 65 but only for Supplement policy after and can have a decent insurance policy at 62 or 63 in One to Two years thru our Farm insurer.  Fails to register with her.

Edited by DMiller - 25 Jan 2023 at 7:39am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 12:04pm
Getting what can be, done before Eye Surgery.  Upper step is completed, still some of a reach, 8.5" Box Step to New one, then remains 10" to cab floor.  A reach but better.

Had some loose 1/4" SS Strap, cut drilled and tapped for under step clamping fixture.  Used SS Bolts to tidy it up.

Edited by DMiller - 26 Jan 2023 at 12:06pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 3:13pm
Got steps fully on, need to reinforce lid as tries to unfold crease to the left in photo, braces will be Inside.

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 5:55pm
maybe steps like those on my combines and tractors would work? they are nice looking Miller! good job!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 6:14am
Thanks, spent a little time figuring them out for her.   Friday is a big day, right eye work, actually apprehensive this time as not been for anything else.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:24am
Final install for a few days, surgery at 6:20 tomorrow AM, be down and out for a few days allowing that eye to heal a little before putting it back to work.   Next eye doc visit in a week from tomorrow.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:53am
Prayer for a good outcome with this surgery.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:47am
X2
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:50am
Prayers and don't forget to keep putting in the eye drops

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 4:36pm
Surgery took no time, just swelling and dilation of eye still there, vision currently sucks where difficult to even type.  Can tell a difference, was explained the vision will be over a period of days to weeks for recovery as the implant needs to seat in, IE swelling and disturbed tissue allowed to recover.  Using the old Damaged Left eye is what I currently have, testing my patience.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 8:19am
Second day starts off better, can actually read normal sized lettering from around 2 to 10 feet, under that takes 1.75 cheaters(still blurry, wife's) and out from their can blur out quite a bit.  100% turn from yesterday.   Can make out small details in materials at around same distances but removing a lens clamp retainer screw on a pair of glasses was a ordeal. Gave the lens out so can use my regular magnetic polarized sunglasses on the frames.  Light still a bit harsh.  Seriously believe since depending on Left eye a little harder it is gaining strength in use.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 1:18pm
Improvement seems daily, do not always need cheaters as of today, distance I used to be able to read a License number no longer there but most machines are clear as when wore glasses.  Friday will be first vision test, not supposed to drive before Wednesday this week.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 12:01pm
First week review, 20/20 easily, can read at comfortable distance from face, can see out close to 400 ft clearly.  Doc said no hint of infection, lens position is set.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 12:10pm
Good to hear!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 12:41pm
Was ecstatic hearing that!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 1:56pm
 Yes, sounds great 

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 2:11pm
I have but one 'Good Eye', I bought the Mulltifocal Toric Lens as Ins and Medicare DOES NOT Pay for these, they won't even pay for a baseline lens, just Glasses for after the surgery.  Glasses that prevent one from retaining a Driver License as CANNOT Correct to a great enough level.  So far it is delivering just as noted by the Doctor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic