This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New toy in my shop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New toy in my shop
    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 6:58pm
I’ve been playing with my wood lathe! This bowl is mahogany and aspen.
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:02pm
That bowl is awesome. I love getting a new toy.👍👍👍
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:11pm
Nice work! Never got into turning bowls.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:39pm
Nice bowl, you must have prior experience with lathes. I have access to one but never tried it.
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:54pm
No prior experience!  Everything i know i learned after New Years Eve-the day I got the lathe!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 11:04pm
that's awesum Greg!
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 11:12pm
Nice ! I never got to use a lathe, except in the high school shop. Evan owned a Shop Smith for a while that I used the band saw. Always to many other things to do. Have fun making things.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:58am
NICE!!  I have a lathe but never did do bowls. hammer handles, and  odds and ends are about as far as I got. Don't have the time to do much woodwork now days, Also hands/fingers too shaky. Typing is getting hard too. thanks; ac fleet
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:53am
I've always wanted a lathe to play on. just to see what I could come up with
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:58pm
I too dabble on lathe. Have a Mark IV Shop Smith my Dad bought to replace the Post WWII Shop Smith my Great Aunt gave me as a kid I was not aware of til Pop and I had wore the old one out!! He and I worked it Long and Hard!!

I also have a Birmingham Metal lathe, turn out quite a few odd pieces for myself, try to not make a business of it as three shops around town professional grade Machine shops and do not wish to steal business from them.

Very nice Work, I also have not tried Bowl work as yet.

Edited by DMiller - 31 Jan 2019 at 3:59pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 12:48am
Fun to do and you'll be looking on the net now for some more things to do.  ENJOY making wood shavings!!
I've never quite figured out something to do with them.... the cedar ones I put in a gunny sack for the dogs to lay on, but what to do with the rest??
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 1:07pm
Use them for mulch in flower bed or garden just don't use next to the house cause they draw termites 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic