This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to me ac 7060

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctohay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to me ac 7060
    Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 9:46pm
Hi yall. Quick intro. Retired USN currently delivering usps. Just bought a ac 7060 and want to learn as much as possible. Gonna put it into service for my small 12 acre hay operation (just starting). Have a small square baler and rake. Just trying to get something back from my land and possibly some custom stuff. Also have a 14 ft disk drill and other implements.
Edit to add without getting into a rabbit hole of oil (lol) what is the general consensus of fluids to use.

Edited by Doctohay - 22 Mar 2024 at 5:14pm
Sponsored Links

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 4:56am
Welcome to the AC forum. Thank you for serving our country.
7060 info please?
1. Serial number is stamped in upper left pto housing.
2. Maroon or black belly(painted?)
3. PD or PS transmission?
PD is power-director 5x2x2(gear shift on floor or T-handle in console 20 speed).
PS is Power shift 6x2 console shift(12speed)
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 5:44am
X2 on thanks for serving our country, and glad to have you joining the forum. I have had a 7060 black belly power shift for around 10 years now, and it is probably the tractor that gets used the most of any of them. I guess that one quick note I'll make, because a lot of first time allis owners don't realize it, is that the PTO is changeable between 540 and 1000 RPM by removing the ring of bolts around the flange on the PTO shaft, pull the shaft out and flip it around and put back in. Reinstall the bolts in the ring of bolt holes opposite of what you took them out of. 1000, bolts go into inner circle, 540, outer. Holes are not symmetrical, so only one way the bolts will all go in. NEVER have some bolts in the inner circle and some in the outer. I seen one person do that, it'll probably cost you more to repair than the tractor cost you. All in all, you should love the tractor. Sounds like it may be bigger then what you need, but you can do big and small jobs with a big tractor, but can only do small jobs with a small tractor. Good luck with it. Do you have an operator's manual?
Darrel
Doctohay View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctohay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 5:04pm
I’ll try to answer the best I can. I need to get the serial number later. It’s not a black belly ac. PD shift. (5 on the floor) a/c and heat, (to be determined if it works later) radio that doesn’t work. Newer tires all around.
Doctohay View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctohay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 5:10pm
Thanks for the welcome. I knew about the pto but thanks for the heads up. No I don’t have an operating manual. I’ve used this machine a few years ago to drag a paddle scraper to fill in a silage pit. Still I’m an amateur. I think the first thing I need is a driver door upper window rubber gasket. New filters all around and an oil change. Oh yeah I also need a cap that goes on a full hole that is located in the back and above the pto. So if anyone has a solid place to buy parts and such please let me know. Thanks again.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 5:42pm
Tractor’s Rear-end Hydraulic Fluid fill hole is what your describing. Wanna keep on hand some AGCO power fluid 821 or a comparable Premium Trans-Hydraulic Universal Oil. Your local farm & fleet usually carry 5 gallon buckets of it that list 821 on its back label?
Keep the 821 level between tractor’s two glass sight knobs located on left side of rear-end housing.

Maybe try AGCO for that fill hole plug/cap? Use agcopartsbook.com to lookup any part online. Think you pick your local dealership, then type in 7060 for model. Parts will display & will be listed either available/in-stock/price or NA(not available). If NA, then try Colfax for any salvage parts. They’ll ship it to you. Here’s there website.

https://www.colfaxtractorparts.com/
Doctohay View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctohay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 9:45pm
Thank you
Doctohay View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctohay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 9:48pm
Ok here’s what I found. It was on the upstairs upper right of the pto though. 265491-03-03-wa. Then right below that it is m18a
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 7:02pm
Above the PTO shield to the left STAMPED into the casting 7060-XXXX
Doctohay View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctohay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 6:30am
I’ll need to clean up the area and check again
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 9:16am
  Do not fully depress clutch when coming to a stop, you will engage transmission brake and shorten its life.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Doctohay View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctohay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 9:23am
Thanks, I really appreciate all the tips.   
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 9:24am
Originally posted by NEVER green NEVER green wrote:

Do not fully depress clutch when coming to a stop, you will engage transmission brake and shorten its life.

The decals in the cab explain this well the multi position clutch is super handy.   I miss it in other color tractors. We have a 7060 and don’t use much anymore but it was a key part of us getting started.   

I guess I’m picturing the stickers in my 8030/50’s still the same concept. 

Edited by victoryallis - 24 Mar 2024 at 9:26am
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Doctohay View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctohay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 5:10pm
Sorry to get back to you so late. The serial number is a 1492 if I remember correctly. Definitely a 14xx series. So that puts it at an early date doesn’t it?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 5:42pm
Maroon/brown chassis color with gearshift on the floor.  S/N 3001 and up were the black belly version with Tee-twist shifter on the console.
Doctohay View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctohay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 7:51pm
This one is maroon belly gear shifter on the floor. It 1429 to be specific. I was just out there and looked at it. Gonna go get a disk ready to prepare the hayfield for planting soon.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 11:20pm
That fill plug is vented so don't cork it solid. I forgot to put mine back in once and lost it. Had no luck with salvage yards ended up buying new. $100 plus 5-6 yrs ago. Zip tie it to nearby cable with a small hardware store chain.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic