This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new to me 1957 D14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new to me 1957 D14
    Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 2:08pm
Advertised here on forum and was only 15 miles away.

Just got it home, hope to get some work done on it whis winter.  The boom lift is not mine but wow was that handy.

1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
Sponsored Links

caRon View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 3:18pm
nice d14! I'm becoming more and more interested in a d14 tractor. I like the looks of that narrow front.
CA Tractor
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 10:34pm
That is a nice looking D14 - I love them!  Have a 58 and 59.  For a 57, yours seems to have decals from a 59 model.  You have some excellent sheet metal there, that's for sure!
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 10:36pm
I like the way that NF looks! Congrats. Keep us posted with rehab pics.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 6:25am
My first was a 57 and still have her ! Sister is a 59. Both wide fronts though. Having the 3 point setup is a HUGE bonus( yup, I'm jealous !)
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Jamie (KY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie (KY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 7:06am
Great looking ride! I've got one just like her! Only I don't have the drawbar and hanger. The aftermarket 3 pt on mine uses the snap coupler so the drawbar would have to be taken off to use the 3 pt all the time. Kinda sucks.

Just when I thought I was finishing my "honey-do-list", she turned the page!!!
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 7:49am
Good that you brought her home. I like mine a lot - of course I like them all -- LOL
NickT(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickT(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 5:44pm
I've got a 57 D-14 also. I have a home made 3 point and narrow front on it. I have the original wide front too. Great little tractors with a lot of pep.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 5:55pm
Rick, Glad you got it. When I got the pictures I wanted to go hook up the trailer but, well I don't even have an empty spot in a shed and 2 of my tractors aren't even here. Have fun with it. Charlie
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 7:51pm
Thanks all.  It is a 57 SN 1255.  My family had one on the farm and it was the last piece of equipment they sold.  Unfortunately it probably went to the scrapyard after too many years with an oversized loader. 
I have the wide front and really wanted to convert it but everyone seems to like the narrow.  Guess I will be in no hurry to convert.  The family D14 also had the SC wishbone conversion type three point so I installed the drawbar more times than I care to remember.   I like this setup but I have to look over the top link attachment pretty good, the bolts under the seat do most of the work and they seem a bit small to me.
How did the D15 three point attach at top, did they add some tapped holes later?
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
Wayne (IN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne (IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 8:09pm
Growing up we had a D14 that dad bought new (I think is it was 1960) and a WD.  We pulled 3-14 mtd plows with each of them.  The D14 would pull that plow in 2-hi or 3-lo and was great to drive.  The traction booster was great.  Dad worked in a factory and we farmed about 130 acres in the evenings and weekend with those two tractors.  Good times!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic