This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New table saw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New table saw
    Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:17pm
Guys if you ever feel like buying a new table saw and they offer to put it together for you, make sure and let them even if it costs. My fingers have attempted to be in places today a 2 year old could not get his. Real pain in the seat. Gotta run into the hardware store and get 1 metric nut, darn thing fell and bounced off the toe of my shoe.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 13 Mar 2018 at 8:20pm
Sponsored Links

Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:21pm
Have you seen the qualifications of a fella working at a menards store lately? The blade would probably turn backwirds if you let them do it.

Yer better off letting your two year old grandson do it.
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:39pm
Les You might be right. Grandsons are coming over Sunday for Grandmas goulish. I gots this one last bolt to put in, worked on it for close to an hour today. Oldest 1 is getting quite handy with his hands, might get him to help.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:14pm
Tom, you mean you didn't have the shop floor clean when you started?? LOL LOL
My one grandson's got my number,,,,,,,he says; "Grampa, you just have to stick your whole arm in here, just like this".  Little turd...I wonder where he gets that from? Clap
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:35am
replace that bolt with an SAE one
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:08am
Then, years later, your grandson goes to take it apart, and wonders why in the hell there's one SAE bolt in the friggin' table saw, complains about stupid crap built in China, and the cycle continues!  Some things never die!! Hahaha
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:57am
Way back when boys were small I had them help me with just about any project - even if them helping made the project more of a do over later when mom put them to bed . 
 had them out in shop getting me wrenches or finding a part on the workbench , pounding that or turning that thing there . 
 Now both can weld , fix , build , and figure out how things work and how to improve on next item they work on. So I tried to pass on some skills I learned the hard way to them and encouraged them to EXPLORE their talents - and I never accepted the idea "I CAN'T DO THAT" as part of their day. 
  Funny part is also Roxann decided to try doing ceramics but was having trouble painting eyes on things she made - Told her to set down and pain eyes - and keep painting them till she got what she wanted them to look like . A little later she started her own ceramics business and got certified fy several companies as a instructor . She had classes for up ro 25 students for over 25 years until her heart attack curtailed her abilities to work with fumes from kilns and paints .

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:12pm
I can't replace the bolt without taking a whole bunch of the saw apart. The heads of the bolts slide in a grove inside the saw, then you got a to have a straight edge + one of those little adjustable squares to reset a whole lot of stuff. You sorta need an extra hand or 3. Just a little cussing going on there. If I could turn this thing upside down I would be a little easier, but the dad ratted top is cast iron, weighs a whole mess. Grandsons help me set it up on its legs, just like the directions say, then I put a whole bunch more stuff on it. I got 2 new metric nuts today, 76ยข each. Hope to get to it tomorrow. I think I am over the darn flu now. Oh I been gonna clean this darn shop for the past 10 years, darn old gal keeps adding to her list so it keeps getting moved back. I got the cement guys coming sometime in the next month, gonna pore a slab and add a enclosed lien to on the old gals shed, then I can get all this darn bee stuff and her moms stuff out ta my shed and into hers, I hope -- if she don't fill up the new part with her junk first. Shucks I got so much scat to do this summer I might just throw up me hands and goto a tractor show. Coke I'm also trying to do this with my three grandsons. 1 wants to farm or be a welder, he runs the tractors, his other gpaws combine, etc 2 youngest don't have a clew yet but it sure don't hurt to give them a helping hand. Hope you had as much fun with yours as I have been having this past 2 summers.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 14 Mar 2018 at 7:23pm
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 4:48pm
Got this misurable darn thing together today. Lacking 4 short bolts. They were in the box but I used them in the place where I was having all the trouble getting nuts and washers on the bolts. If I had used the longer ones I would never gotten the darn lock washers and nuts on them. Looks like another road trip tomorrow. Guess were gonna sit up a booth at the outdoor home and garden show Friday,Sat, and Sunday at the state fair grounds. At least the show is inside. Hope its warm, gals wount be all bundled up. Makes the show go a little faster.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 15 Mar 2018 at 4:49pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 5:29pm
I been seeing ALOT of new campers go by here today, all pull types, don't know where they are going, Omaha's show is done with....maybe Council Bluffs?
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:15pm
Big camping show at the fair grounds this week. Got to use the new saw this afternoon. Sure is a sweetheart compared to the old Sears unit. Been making some real precision cuts. Couldn't do that with the old one. Blade that came with it is a quality one too. This saw is smooth. I can lay a board on the table and it doesn't vibrate off.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:30am
cool! now...what ya gonna use it for?
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:21am
https://youtu.be/eiYoBbEZwlk

Hey Tom, did you get one like this?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:58am
wow....
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:26pm
I saw this demonstration at the wood working machinery show in Atlanta probably in 2003, they were set up in a kinda of out of the way area, but were the must see demonstration of the show.  The saw blade must be isolated from the machine frame, as being a belt drive and the saw mandrel bearings mounted non conductive.  They were using hot dogs wouldn't even break the skin, pretty amazing.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 8:30pm
I used to really enjoy that show. They did a lot of experiments and shot them with slow motion cameras. It was some really cool stuff to watch. Especially the explosions
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:51pm
No I will soon be 70 years old. I didn't think I could justify the cost of one at my age. If I was 25 or so, ya I'd sure think about it. Shameless at this time I'm working on re building my bee boxes. If the deep boxes are rotted on the bottom, I cut them off and make medium height boxes out of them. The medium boxes are the ones the bees fill with honey and we take it away from them. Deep boxes are the 2 bottom boxes on the hives. That is where the queen lives and lays up to 2000 eggs per day. I also am making shims for the boxes, cleats for the frames. The new "fence" is so much more accurate and easier to position squarely on the saw table. Table is at least twice as deep and probably 4 times longer than the old sears saw. I have no complaints about the old saw. It sawed almost every board for 3 new houses, many sheds, mantel pieces, hat racks, tables, etc. You just had to take it easy with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic