This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall
    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:03pm
Again in case some of you fellas didn't get the new notice.

https://em.harborfreight.com/pub/sf/ResponseForm?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DAQpglLjHJlYQGjIS6zehh4AknfUUAHzdamGzahrbty2e05kKK0pUjNzcympe2HP40HD0VXMtX%3DAQpglLjHJlYQGjIS6zehh4AknfUUAHzdamGzahSLo1FleIzeh3Ruzful6d20kzd4imXMl2&_ei_=ElPDYJQy6-A5MgkuWZ9k6ndiiILlQs5hWB_DwuKZ7aUiKNngN8PHCqGmgR_STxhpfjJs&_di_=nsvbr4289c1imscas69hr5l3m2g0g47c1gs564vrjsg47qs1o16g

A few months ago, we recalled our Pittsburgh 3 ton and 6 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56371, 61196 and 61197) due to a manufacturer's defect. We asked customers to return them and receive a gift card that could be used to purchase replacement jack stands. I felt terrible about that recall because you should never have a concern about the safety of any of our products.

Today, I feel even worse. I'm disappointed and embarrassed because we've identified a welding defect in a small number of the Pittsburgh 3 ton steel jack stands (SKU 56373) that replaced the recalled jack stands. We're now adding these jack stands to our recall. Unfortunately, this defect wasn't discovered during the initial recall investigation. If you own these jack stands or any of the jack stands in our original recall, whether or not you have had an issue with them, please stop using them immediately and bring them back to your local Harbor Freight Store for a full cash refund or store credit

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Sponsored Links

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:19pm
Thanks for the info. I just checked mine and none are included in the recall.

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 3:43pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 4:56pm

DANG,,,!!!  that right there is FRIGHTENING to think about a 3500# car on a jack and THAT happens,,,,whew,,,!!!
 I checked 4 of mine and they ok,,,,,whew,,,!!!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 6:00pm
Looks like they gots a few chinks in the welds...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:19pm
im guessing they butted the two plates together with NO GAP, then used a wire feed welder to lay a bead ON TOP with no penetration......... and NO QA DEPT.
ocharry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:28pm
Dang ..i just got mine replace last week...

Got the new notice this morning... So I checked the numbers on my new stands and they have a different number...56372 is what mine have...they seem fine but I haven't used them yet...

But I will say I checked them over good when I opened them up...and these seem like before they unlatch that they lift the center piece up...I pushed down on the jack with my hand and unlatched it ...kinda looks like it had to lift the center piece about 3\16 before it would let it fall...the old ones didn't do that...

I looked them over good ..welds look good...so...dont know if I should take them rack or not

Ocharry
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

im guessing they butted the two plates together with NO GAP, then used a wire feed welder to lay a bead ON TOP with no penetration......... and NO QA DEPT.

Fixed it for ya
im guessing they butted the two plates together with NO GAP, then used a 10 to 12 year old child to wire feed weld a bead ON TOP with no penetration......... and NO QA DEPT.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:49pm
Dang! if we cant trust China manufacturing quality, who can we trust!?!?!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:50pm
thanks, Chas for the update!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 10:11pm
Dang! if we cant trust China manufacturing quality, who can we trust!?!?

NOW THATS FUNNY !!!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:13am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Dang! if we cant trust China manufacturing quality, who can we trust!?!?

NOW THATS FUNNY !!!

Wink They got to be safe on the third try........don't theyLOLLOLLOL???LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic