This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New chicken houses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:01am
Originally posted by GARY(OH/IN) GARY(OH/IN) wrote:

I'll bet your county assessor's office can't wait to do a field check to get all them improvements on your property tax bill.
Good luck with that.

She was here on Friday taking pictures. Sure did have a big smile on her face
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:05am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

chickens ?? them barns are for chickens ???
And here I thought it was for the Allis collection !!!Smile

Looks like they'd holdĀ  a zillion birds, but, come on, ONE should be dedicated to tractors Cry

It looks like a LOT of work to get them 'bird ready'. Got a RIVER nearby to give them a drink ??

But then I'd have to go buy enough tractors to fill one of them..... Hmmmmm

Got county and well water. Usual way is run the well until the pressure drops far enough for an alarm to go off then turn the county on
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:06am
Will the chickens come before the eggs, like the order of the pictures.
Seeing the finished before the start made me think of a joke but it didn't sound right lol.

Great looking.
Thanks for sharing, big operation you have. Cool
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:09am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

I'm sure the Bank Geek figured all that in before approving the loan. Question is after the loan???

It's about like everything else. You put all you can toward the loan to get it paid early so you can put the profit in your pocket. Most of the people I've talked to about it paid theirs off around the 12 to 14 year mark. Then I'm sure we'll have to barrow some for upgrades and that type thing. It's not a get rich business by any means but it's a decent, honest living
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:34am
In 12 to 14 years we'll probably be stuck eating  " SOYLENT GREEN "  except the Muckity Mucks. Wink   You'll do fine, you have been doing something right to get this far. Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 8:43pm
guess you don't want the pigmy goat then huh? PfffffT!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 9:19pm
The wife and kids would be all over it. How about sending me a picture of you and the goat? Gotta see what we're taking on
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 10:12pm
Back to the county assessor thing. Be sure to check your property record card to make sure everything is correct. On this new construction and all the improvements you already have. That goes for the rest of you guys too!
Your welcome.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:38am
Tyler...if'n I sent a pic, you wouldn't know which is which!
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 2:10am
Tyler, just be certain you get the right goat the 4 legged little pygmy not the old goat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LMAO
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 7:06am
Originally posted by GARY(OH/IN) GARY(OH/IN) wrote:

Back to the county assessor thing. Be sure to check your property record card to make sure everything is correct. On this new construction and all the improvements you already have. That goes for the rest of you guys too!
Your welcome.
that's a good idea. I'll do that once everyone is done
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 7:08am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Tyler...if'n I sent a pic, you wouldn't know which is which!

I figured one would be a mangy looking thing with a beard that drags the ground and has devils horns and the other is the goat
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 7:25am
Looked like some major construction going on there. It's going to take a lot of chickens to pay for that I bet. It looks good though. Good luck!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:59pm
Looks good Tyler.  Hopefully the girls will thank you for all you're doing for them.  The best place on earth to grow up on.
Now I know why chicken is so expensive! LOL
Good luck in the future!

Say, I don't remember any posts lately about the things the girls say.  They must be growing up and watching what they say to you, knowing you're posting it.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 8:43am
Tyler,
 Just Wow! Those are awesome chicken houses in my opinion. Looks like you can work as much and as hard as you want! A good life for you and your family.
Thanks for sharing the pictures!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 11:25am
Thanks fellas. Don't have any "kids say the darndest things" for my girls lately but I do have one on my nephew. More of a he just didn't know but funny just the same. He went in the chicken houses with me before they were set up and the water lines were still up. He saw them and asked what they were and I told him water lines so the birds could drink. He looked at me with a real puzzled look and said "what do they climb on to be able to drink?"
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 6:44pm
Very impressive!  I don't envy the work it takes to run your operation. I found it interesting that the builder used a curb machine for the foundation.  Probably wouldn't work up north as you need a footing below the frost line.  That 977 is a big horse!  I used to get manure from a local egg farm, my neighbors didn't like the smell, but I liked the results.  The manager once told me the hauled in 50 tons of feed and hauled out 50 tons of manure a day.  It's all gone, now it's a city park.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 6:51pm
Yeah that curb machine was something to see. They dug a trench between 12 and 16 inches deep first then the curbing machine filled it as it made the wall. 50 tons of feed must have been a big farm. Towards the end of the flock we'll probably get 25 or so tons of feed a day I guess. There's plenty of work but it's not as bad as it seems. Mostly just put your head down and go

Edited by thendrix - 12 Apr 2020 at 6:52pm
Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 8:34am
Good morning.
   Tyler, thanks for sharing your pictures and information on your latest expansion program. As we have now retired from over thirty five years of designing and building farm buildings, I enjoyed your pictures.
   Calvin Schmidt's daughter completed their grower/finishing barn in 2016. On final completion of the gravel/ grading process, guess what machine the operator preferred to use:

Calvin just sent this picture of my 1967 'D Special' being exercised.

Ross D.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 12:07pm
Wow! Seems overwhelming but sounds like you did your homework and sharpened your pencil so it's just a matter of time for the pay back. Nice part is it's all new with the latest tech to up the e-feesh-ent-cy(can't spell it). Very happy for you and family. Keep that life insurance paid up. Don't need an unforseen diaster.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic