This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'new' 59 D-14 info needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'new' 59 D-14 info needed
    Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:10pm
Hello.Have a couple of questions about my 'new' D-14.
1) the lift latches have holes in them for a 'pipe'? Just wondering what they're used for as my 57 doesn't have them.

2) The operations meter needs repair,at least a new needle.Seems the screws holding the dial portion backed off.Also are new (repro) dials available.

3) Is the grille supposed to be white?

Man I was sweating all day couldn't get on until now....without this forum I'm a wreck !!!
Worse than NOT having coffee!
Thanks

Jay

Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:48pm
A 57 would have an orange grill.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
RichinWis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichinWis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 7:55pm
The holes in th lift latches are for a solid steel shaft, not pipe. It is for rigidity picking up bigger implement's. although the ones with the holes in them are not for the D14, just D15 on up. of course they will work fine, just not correct for the correct police.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 9:43pm
My 58 does not have the holes, but the 59 I picked up has them - could have been an option.  Your grille should be orange as well.  Lots of vendors here sell new tachs.

I am currently looking for a tach drive for the 59 if anyone knows of one.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 9:49pm
My mistake, if you have a 59 D14, it should have the black bar grille.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 9:50pm
According to Swinford's book, in 59 the D14 starting at serial # 19001 got the black bar grille.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:57am
Jay, I found a new ops gauge and several other gauges from one of the suppliers on this site. Had my TB gauge rebuilt but it still isn't working.......disappointing as it wasn't cheap. One of these days I will run an independent hydraulic line to it to test it. Or maybe there's something blocking the hydraulic fluid flow to it. When I bought the tractor, there was a plug where the line plumbs into the tranny. I was able to buy a used line from one of the fellows on here which I used when I installed the rebuilt gauge. Another project!
WC, CA, D14, WD45
MBwcIll View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBwcIll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 4:32pm
Long about 62 the latches started coming from the factory with the bar.  Also they started beefing up the lower "hook" to twice the thickness as the early ones.  Over the years replacement parts, were the latches with the hole in them, you are asking about.  Your original ones probably needed replaced at some past time,  It is my belief as the mounted tools got larger there was a need to add the bar to stiffen the lift arms.  Look at what the early WC/WD style used and also the need to have some sort of safety release changed the latches over the years.
norm [ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm [ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 8:16pm
  we have a ta ch drive an new repo tachs    call 1-800-254-3116
David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 8:39pm
I have been told that if you were pulling a plow, and you tried to turn before the plow was completely out of the ground, the bar keeps the arms from snapping off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic