This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need some snowblower help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercury45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some snowblower help
    Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 4:06pm
Hello all... I am new here and I plan on sticking around as long as I can get my allisChalmers sno bee 7 cracking again...

here are some pics

http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo206/mercury45/Snobee%20Snowblower/

Also a video....   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUHtkLOmugc

The parts i neeeed is the large impeller / auger pully (9 inch sheve) with 7/8" hold and keyway  and I also need the bearing for the back of the impeller the one that was supposed to be there was totally gone

does anybody know where to get these things... anybody have a manual with part numbers they can check for me,  ill pay pal you some money for checking into it if i have to

thanks in advance

kenny
Sponsored Links

Mercury45 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercury45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 4:10pm
Sorry gang,  I forgot to put the numbers in here

I know its an older allischamlers sno bee 7  (7 hp)

model - sno bee
Serial # 7-001356

thanks,  Kenny
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 4:15pm
Unsure of your location .. many farm supply stores cary sheaves (pulleys) with weld in center that is pre-bored to shaft size you need . As for bearing you may be able to use a pillow block flange mount bearing also that you can get at same store.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 4:17pm
the pulley and key stock and bearing you should be able to get them from the local farm store the impeller that may be tricky
160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
Mercury45 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercury45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 4:44pm
i just need the pulley and the impeller bearing,  nothing else....   in my pics i still have the flange for the impeller bearingmaybe i should look for a bearing that fits in it?  I'm very new at all this please pardon my ignorance....

I am in NJ  when you say farm store, I tried a loca... power equipment place but he did not  have what i needed....   ill try tractor supply maybe but i do not know if they will have it either....
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 8:11pm
Your pictures or video do not come up for me . TSC might have it or a bearing supply house , industrial supply place would have it also can try WW Granger or McMaster Carr, both should have a online catalog you can check.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Mercury45 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercury45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 8:27pm
thanks coke----  those websites work for me i just copy n paste to url bar
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 9:35pm
dang brouser Bing or whatever would not work with it .. got it now.
Sheave should be no problen finding as it is stamped steel and most farm stores will have them and the weld in center. The bearing are what are called light duty with pressed steel flange , if the steel isnt worn then the incert (bearing assembly) can just be replaced but full 3 bolt unit might be best to buy. As they are set screw lick to shaft it looks like might want to go back to same , but other style locking divices are also out there. 
 That is one problem with the light duty bearings they can't be serviced , just replaced. Unsure if you have room but might look at another type bearing housing that allows greasing bearings.

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 22 Jan 2011 at 9:45pm
Mercury45 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercury45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 9:48pm
thanks coke ill take a look... seems most of the bearings are 2 or 4 bolt, but ill keep looking for 3 bolt....  as for serviceable - not a big deal... if it lasted 40 years the first time, if i get 2 years out of it ill be overjoyed.

thanks - kenny
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 10:14pm
At a bearing house or even farm store many times they have just the insert, try McMaster Carr also  and I just looked quick  but in some cases the bearing can be removed from a 2 or 4 bolt flange and put into other housing like yours.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic