This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need info... track loaders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old7g?forSale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 7:07pm
I gave an old 7g, or 7gb, I am not sure.   I want to sell it.   It was bought by my father, who died years ago, and I need to remove it.   It needs some work, but I am pricing for a sell now.   If you are terested, please Reply.

Edited by Old7g?forSale - 06 Apr 2015 at 7:13pm
Sponsored Links

Mike8cyl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike8cyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 12:15am
Hey guys new to this deal but grew up on allis chalmers machines and love them my dad bought an hd7g in 66 or so 4 cyl turbo I tracked it down 5 years after he passed and bought it back for 5 grand tons of power pushes over pretty much anything you can through at it very rarely do you have to dig anything he also had an hd4 with a six way blade that was stolen same time :/ never found that one yet... I know who took it and I will get it back but in the mean time bought my own hd4 love it but one steering clutch is slipping I may have to dive in and change them kinda a bummer my 2 cents if you can find an hd7g loader buy it they are a pleasure to run and power for days! One other thing to consider the hd machines were fast compared to modern crap the hd4 has a 3 speed gear box and the 7g in hi gear really moves just guessing but 10-15 mph?? To fast for a lot of things but driving it to where your working is way faster and saves a lot of time 👍😎
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 7:44am
I currently have two HD7G machines, one is a parts donor as the engine went sour and the previous owner died before repairs could be made to keep it from scrap.  Parts for the AC line are fast depleting as well used getting ever so scarce as many are over 40 years old with much US scrap having gone to China to $200+/ton a short time back.

7G is 105 hp, 955K/L are 98hp by listings so very comparable but hatefully I am about to embark on a newer machine to replace my "FatAlice"(Fiat Allis).
Mike8cyl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike8cyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 8:33am
I won't do it the 7g has a new head new turbo new starter new generator but burns oil pretty good gonna do a in frame on it soon I think I know it's never been touched in its 50 year life lol but I gotta make sure my son grows up on these machines he's 5 now and ready to learn :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic