This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help 2000 blazer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help 2000 blazer
    Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 5:14pm
Grandson 2000 chevy blazer willn't start turn over good, has fire at plugs, fuel pump is pumping gas though the filter, fuse test good (I think) it's a 4.3 v6 what am I missing. Thanks
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 6:08pm
Delivery of fuel at injectors.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 6:26pm
WE had a 1998 Explorer that cranked good... good spark.. good fuel.. and would not start... There was a SENSOR at the front of the crank shaft that basically told the spark when to occure... SENSOR was bad..... similar to being OUT OF TIME.

Edited by steve(ill) - 27 Dec 2021 at 6:28pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 7:42pm
I would give it a shot of starting fluid. If it sputters or starts then you know it is fuel causing the problem.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
kncfsmith View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kncfsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 8:01pm
check fuel pressure at the fuel rail port changed a lot of fuel pumps on them
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 8:03pm
fuel presure needs to 60 to 66 psi while cranking check for injector pusles  ,  if that checks out move on to the distributer they seem to go to crap on those 
D19allisowner View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D19allisowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 4:31pm
I worked on them back in the day and if they dont have a minimum of 60 pounds of fuel pressure they won't start. Sometimes you could put a battery charger on them to boost the voltage to get them to start but that didn't work all the time.
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 12:23pm
Sorry for not getting back quieter but it turn out to be fuel pump and he let the gas tank get so low that it also suck up some dirt or something and now cly 1& 4 are dead so need to replace the spider injectors now, I told him 100 time that he couldn't let the gas get down past a 1/4 tank because the gas kept the fuel pump cool so now he is walking or relying on so friends to get around until he does enough thing for me to earn the money that is need to fix it. I'm hoping it's a life lesson for him. Again thanks for all the comments.   

Edited by Kenny L. - 17 Jan 2022 at 12:29pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 12:56am
Got a Grandson who is kind of in the same boat.  Told him I'd give him $$ and all he had to do was......  Haven't seen or heard from him since.

Look at what we gotta go through Kenny for 10 minutes of enjoyment.....Wink
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic