This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need another juice-trician,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need another juice-trician,,,,,
    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:38am

Well, finally to the point of re0installing the new pump in the well. I had rigged up a Harbor Freight 2500# winch on the front end loader to pull the old pump and worked like a charm,,,,Clap
 Now,,I cannot find the friggin controller for the winch,,!!!  The winch motor only has two contacts,,, a Positive and a negative ,,,also a "box" bout 4" square with two wires to motor contacts and two other wires wioth a circuit breaker going to the positive of the battery. I tried contacting Harbor Freight but lady tells me they do not have any replacement parts!!!  I'll be a SOB,,,!!!
 I KNOW somebody here can figure me out how to "fashion" a replacement controller until I find the THIEF that stole my controller,,,,,,WinkWink
 ANY ONE,,??
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:48am
any chance you can take a picture of the 'box' ?
I'm guessing it's got 2 relays and some wiring in it and maybe a round 3 pin connector for the 'hand held' remote or  something that bolts onto an ATV handlebar ?
if so it's simple( have 3 or 4  here...)
If '3 wire remote', jumping 2 of them will make winch go one way, jumping 2 others makes it go the other. jumping the other 2 wires...nothing.
I'll goto garage and see if I can find one of the 'boxes' to see what colours goto which switches. brrrrrr outside, sunny though.

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:01am
Ok, found one, tore it apart...
the connector to the 'remote' has 3 wires....
red, goes to +12 battery
yel, goes to one relay
brn, goes to the other relay

so.. touch red to yel, winch goes in, touch red to brn, winch goes out..

the other controller uses red for +12, grn for in, blk of out...

so much for 'stanards'......

hope this helps
and
yes, STILL k-k-k-kold here..

jay

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 12:56pm

OK, Jay,,I knew I could count on you,,!!!!Clap
 actually,,after 3 hours of turning everything over in the garage,,,I found the control box where the dang cats had hid it out,,!!! but the remote itself an't turned up yet, but I want to delete the friggin remote and maybe install a couple of toggle switches to bypass the remote if you can tell me how,,,,,??
 Here is a pic of the control box. The big red and black wires coming out the btm are going to the winch motor. (motor only has two contact points)
 The two red and black wires coming out the top are going to battery with a circuit breaker on the red wire.
 CHIT,,I resized the pics to 500 but didn't work...lemme try again
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 12:59pm
https://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/63000-63999/63476.pdf

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 1:00pm

OK, trying again,,,

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 1:02pm
JOE... there are only two wires to the motor..  so if you connect ONE WAY the motor runs forward.... If you SWITCH the wires, it runs reverse.. YOu can test that on the bench with jumper cables...

You could setup a couple switches to do it, but your talking BIG SWITCHES... Thats probably why they use the RELAYS.. Small switches carry 4-5 amp signals to the RELAYS that when ENGAGED will carry 50 amps for the motor.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 1:03pm

Hey Steve,,sure glad to see your input,,that is the way it is now ,,I want to delete the trans-ciever for the missing remote and go with a couple of toggle switches,,,,??
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

JOE... there are only two wires to the motor..  so if you connect ONE WAY the motor runs forward.... If you SWITCH the wires, it runs reverse.. YOu can test that on the bench with jumper cables...

You could setup a couple switches to do it, but your talking BIG SWITCHES... Thats probably why they use the RELAYS.. Small switches carry 4-5 amp signals to the RELAYS that when ENGAGED will carry 50 amps for the motor.

Yeah, Steve,, I got that far,,  as motor will reverse when switching the leads. Could I incorporate the relays inside the control box now?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 1:10pm

The black box at top of pic with the black, yellow, red, and white wires is, I think, the trans-ciever for the remote,,,??
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 1:25pm
YEP... that little box can be replaced with two switches or a double throw switch.. I dont know exactly which relay you have.. Does it have a NAME or NUMBER on it ??

Basically you have a RED and BLACK wire going to that box.. that is HOT and GROUND.. the other two wire should make the motor go forward or reverse..  The "BOX" is using one wire for FWD and one for REV... but i dont know if it is connecting the one wire to the RED or the BLACK ??

something like this.. See the RED and BLACK are the supply to the relay...  the SWITCH either connects the RED wire to the little T5 or the little T6 wire..... they dont need the GROUND running to the switch on this system... dont know about yours. .. it may have the ground just for the REMOTE to work.?  T5 and T6 would be the white and yellow wires.

Edited by steve(ill) - 07 Mar 2021 at 1:27pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 1:30pm
Look close at MY RELAY and YOUR RELAY... Looks real similar ............. If your BRAVE, touch the RED to the YELLOW for a second and see if the motor runs UP... Touch the RED to the WHITE and see if it runs DOWN.. !!!!
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 2:13pm
It is nice that Harbor Tools has online manuals, you can see the parts list.
Call them, they hardly ever have what you need.
They do have a master .pdf file of parts they supposedly stock:

I hope this helps somebody someday find the part they need. Or if you want to buy a tool you can check the parts situation before deciding on the purchase. Full service they are not.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 3:01pm
red to yel...it'll go one way....
red to wht... it'll go the other way

blk NOT needed, it's gnd for the 'remote'.

have fun

Jay

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 4:35pm
Joe, when you get switches, the easy way is to get two push button.. One up, one down..  They should be MOMENTARY switches. When you let go of the button, it shuts off.. Dont use a switch like a wall light switch that is ON- OFF.... too easy to screw that up.

What ever you do, dont  push BOTH buttons at the same time.. There are "DUAL" switches that you push one way for up and push the other way for down.. BUT most are ON- OFF- ON ........ you want MOMENTARY so it does no stay ON when you move your finger off switch ( or button). .......... I have bought starter BUTTON switches at the local Auto Zone for the tractor ignition... Two of those would work good.

Found this at AMAZON..............

Edited by steve(ill) - 07 Mar 2021 at 4:45pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:42pm
just buy another winch and use it's control box, then you'll have another winch fer parts!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 8:57am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

just buy another winch and use it's control box, then you'll have another winch fer parts!

SHAMELESS,,,don't you get tired of spending MY money,,,,WinkWink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 9:04am

Hey Steve and Jay,,I'm fixin to head out the door to try the "red to yellow and the red to white",,,TRICK AND i'M BETTIN IT WILL WORKClap
 THEN, I'm gonna order a couple of those SPDC switches like Steve posted. That's the chits bout livin in these small burgs like I do,,,you can't ever find what you need and IF YOU DO,,,,it gonna cost you 2-3 times the money as going to Lowes or Home depot,,,,,and,,,,and,,,that dang Shameless is always wantin to spend MY money,,,,PHHHSHHhhhhAAAAA,,,,!!!Wink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 9:23am
Those switches are DOUBLE throw having 6 terminals... Your really only going to use ONE SIDE with the RED in the center... white and yellow on each end... You could just use a SINGLE with 3 terminals, but they actually cost MORE !
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 6:19pm

I don't know if any of ya'll suffer any affects from this covid BS flyin all in the air,,, seems like,,,,
  Ya'll ever head out the door with one single thought in your head about gettin to figure something out,,,,,and,then find yourself a few hours later working on something you had NOT planned on for that day????? It MUST be that friggin covid,,,,,Wink Chit,,it seems as if everybody wants to hide behind the covid thing any more,,,,SO,,,,I might as well use it for an excuse too,,,,LOL
 I fully intended to check out Steve and jay's suggestions on the winch controller box First Thing this morning,,,,,,and I did finish building a better "Removable" bracket for the winch on the  D14,,,,so much for pizz poor planning,,,,,,,,,LOLLOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 10:47pm
maybe all you need is a hand powered boat trailer winch!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:28am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

maybe all you need is a hand powered boat trailer winch!

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!  Dang it Shameless,,,,!!!  I'm like most red blooded American boys,,,,once you take a taste of the honey,,,it pretty hard to like the spinach,,,,,Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:00pm

Well,,,Steve and Jay,,,I was a determined man this morning and told ole JOE,,,"we gonna test out what them boys are tellin me on  how to make a replacement lost remote chingas,,,,"
 And,,,,and,,,It Worked!!!!!   Red to Yellow and winch went IN,,,then Red To White and winch went OUT pretty as you please,,,!!!!ClapClap
 I went ahead and made a 3 wire jumper with about a 15 foot cord from an old vacuum,  now just gotta wait til I go to the Alien town to Home depot to get one of them 3 way switches. Then I'm gonna hook up with a 3 wire quick disconnect and leave the remote receiver inside the box,,,in case them friggin cats in the garage bring the remote back some day,,,,,
 THANK YOU BOTH for helpin me out on this one,,,,I'll wait a couple of more days and see IF I want to thank ole Shameless,,,,,,,,,?WinkWink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:20pm
Glad it worked... I was HOPING your NEW NICK NAME was NOT going to be SMOKEY... or SPARKY !!! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic