This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My latest addition to the fleet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My latest addition to the fleet
    Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 12:57pm
Went on too long of a roadtrip from Friday night through this morning to go to Nebraska and pick up a D19 from Josh(NE).     Clutch is out of it right now, so my goal sometime this winter is to put it in the shop, split it and put a clutch in and then see what else needs fixing.  Here are some pictures:

It has a set of these Rowe foundry weights on it.   Anyone know how much they weigh?  
The rest of the sheetmetal is pretty nice, but the front radiator shroud needs a little work to say the least
It runs pretty nice, just doesn't move at the moment!   I am unsure what I am going to do with it at this time.   I was thinking of making a puller out of it, and putting the narrow front from my D17 on the front.   I don't know if I should just put a regular clutch back in it, or put a button clutch in it, but if that makes it such a pain to use it for anything else, then I will probably just put a regular clutch back in.   I have never put a button clutch in a farm tractor yet so I am unfamiliar at how bitey they can be in that application.  
I will be looking for a grill screen, grill shroud,  and trim panels for under the gas tank.  Other then that and the seat, it's just the usual guages etc.  and tires when I get that far.  

1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
Sponsored Links

Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 1:29pm
Looks like a nice but expensive project.  I would leave the wide front on or go with a D19 narrow front.  Looks like you got it on the trailer backwards, surprised the rear tires fit between the trailer fenders.
MBolton View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 1:30pm
Very nice, Chuck! The one I picked up in August has seen some use too. I still have a power steering cylinder leak, a noisey hydralic pump to deal with. At some point breaks and front tires. Why didn't God make this addiction lower in cost? 
Ken
Lester View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 2:40pm
They weigh from 280 to 320lbs depending on witch ones they are.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 3:16pm
Chuck, glad to see that you had a successful trip. I'm kind a bummed out that the weather didn't cooperate  so that I could of met you in SD. I did get a lot of work done at home, though. Good luck with your new project, you can't go wrong with a D 19. Talk at ya later, Darrel.
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 3:23pm
Claus, I went a local lumber yard on the way up and got some cinder blocks and some 2 x 10's for ramps.   The tires then went over the fenders and the blocks.   Worked alright, but I am thinking of instead of fixing the fenders this year, I am going to remove the axles on the trailer, drop them down and make a steel extension for each side of the trailer to make it a deckover style.  No matter what I use the trailer for, the fenders are always in the way.
1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
Larry B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 6:24pm
hey chuck sounds like you had a good trip. i am the one that met you with the wheel; did your friend get it yet?hope it was satisfactoty
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 6:43pm
I've seen trailers with removable fenders.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 6:54pm
   we have the panels fro under the tank, grill and usa made gauges
    1-800-254-3116 for info. an pricing
Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 8:51pm
Hello Chuck!!   I have made several sets of FENDERS   out of 1"x12" STAIR CHANNEL.  works very well.  Allen
AndrewGubbels View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 10:38pm
I wouldnt mind finding one just like it!!!  Great find

Andrew
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 10:47pm
Larry, Chuck sent me a note indicating the wheel looked to be in good shape, so I'm sure it is. I'm going to meet up with him in a week or so, but with the trip and the weather he had going out and back, I'm going to let him rest up.

Thanks to both you and Chuck for making the connection on the wheel. As I'm sure you found out when you met him that Chuck is one of the better guys you'll ever deal with.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic