This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My hot summertime refresher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hot summertime refresher
    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:35pm
A mug of ICED COFFEE with some Chocolate Nesquik for its sweetness.
    Have a mug if it in hand as I post this. LOL
CAUTION    It's adictive
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 12:42am
I drink cold coffee all the time, never was able to drink it when it was hot. i'm not keen on chocolate or anything sweet in my coffee, but i'll tell the old lady...oooops….I mean the loving wife, sounds like something she'd like! thanks
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 5:58am

HMMMmm,,sounds interestin,,Ken,,but me bein a sworn diabetic,,I gots to stay away from the sugary stuff,,especially if it addictive,,,,LOL
 How you been gettin along with your skin issues,,??
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 6:54am
Joe, I do a 16 oz cup of strong Decafe coffee hot with a couple heaping spoons of baking cocoa, about 15 drops of stevia, and a eyedropper full of vanilla. If you were to do cold coffee you would need to dissolve the cocoa in a small amount of warm first. I have 6 to 8 of these a day and my A1c is usually 6-6.3. Chocolate is good for ya and you could add your cinnaminimumm too, sometimes I add a few drops of raspberry extract. Careful it can be addicting. Wink
I buy my cocoa at a bulk store in 4lb bags, about $12

Stevia  8oz  goes a long ways,  $14.

This will do me for a month or better.  Beats the hell out of 3-4 gallons of vodka a month.

Enjoy

Edited by chaskaduo - 22 Aug 2019 at 7:02am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 7:33am

JEEEZE,,,Chask,,,,,4 gallons of Vodka per week,,,,,chit,,even when I was a go getter young um,,,,I never got that close to that amount,,,I think,,,but then,,who used to count when havin fun,,,,,LOL Anyway,,I'm glad you traded that vodka for some sanity,,,,,
 I too use the stevia, but I use the powder in lieu of the liquid. You must not be a hard core diabetic as that is a lot of "sugar you take in and with them low A1C numbers,,Wisht I had them kind of numbers, If I took in that much,,I'd be in the high 12's,,,,,Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 8:15am
Joe that's 3-4 gals a month on the vodka, and yes I like my sanity better. Ya also learn how many friends were just alcohol buddies, almost all back then. There's not much for carbs in cocoa powder, mostly fiber. My nutrition label says 1 net carb per Tbl. Stevia and vanilla extract is 0, equals about 18-24 carbs total through the day. I drink cold tea with dinner and a small lunch. I'm a type 2, most likely from drinking. I try not to be hard core anything these days. Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 8:19am
Joe also check the ingredients on your stevia powder, a lot of times they use not so diabetic friendly carriers like dextrose and such.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 10:43am
dang...all my buddies is start'in to drink the fu-fu coffee now! PffffT!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 12:10pm
Are they startin to sport man bun hairdo's too? Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 24 Aug 2019 at 12:15pm
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 8:09pm
Only on the Allis forum can we go from Iced coffee to a man bun in the same page! Just sayin!:)
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 9:12pm
Somebody needs to look in a mirror and see how they look to others with one of those man bun hair styles that only a mother can love.
      Excuse  me  while I finish my last pint of Iced Coffee with a heaping Teaspoon of Nesquik before bedtime.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 11:11pm
Yeah, and then some people bring up pink thongs, I think some kind of foot wear but I'm not sure...
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:45pm
at John. Thank the good lord no one has a picture of shammers in a pink thong
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:36pm

Well,,Ken,,I guess I'ma gonna have to trysome of your concocktion cause it do sound good like it might cool you down some,,,,,,Clap
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Only on the Allis forum can we go from Iced coffee to a man bun in the same page! Just sayin!:)
Regards,
 Chris

Yes, an eclectic bunch, No? LOL
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 9:19pm
Ken, tried the iced coffee today with Hersheys chocolate and some whole milk. It was good. Need to get some Nesquik next time I go to the store.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic