This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My dry air filter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Grubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My dry air filter
    Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 8:40pm
Dave
Sponsored Links

David Grubb View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Grubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 8:44pm
Well my first attempt on this sort of worked. Can you wizards tell me what to do to get this better?
Dave
stu(ON) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu(ON) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 8:53pm
Hey Dave, I have had your pic on my computer for several years now, ever since you helped me with my WD.  Where did you have your pic uploaded to?

stu
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:04pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:07pm
When you get the picture uploaded to your file manager, click on the preview and it will show you the size of the picture in numbers. I divided both numbers by 3 and change the size that way. 
David Grubb View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Grubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:14pm
I think I used to use Photobucket or something like that.
Dave
stu(ON) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu(ON) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:26pm
Dave, I think that I found your pic on the YT site years ago and it is still there.  That is why my copy is so small in size.  I am learning to upload pics to this site so that they are likely to stay in view and can be inserted into succeeding threads.  Looks like Mr. Tucker has done a good job with your current pic.  His advice must be good.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by stu(ON) stu(ON) wrote:

I am learning to upload pics to this site so that they are likely to stay in view and can be inserted into succeeding threads.
The only problem using the file manager on this site is you will eventually run out of space and have to delete a picture to upload more. Once you delete it from the file manager, it will no longer be seen in your old post and will not be available to use again without uploading it again. Picasa and photobucket have pretty much unlimited space if you upload your pictures at a size recommended for website sharing. They will always show up in old posts as long as they are in the same album they were uploaded to.Geek
stu(ON) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu(ON) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Originally posted by stu(ON) stu(ON) wrote:

I am learning to upload pics to this site so that they are likely to stay in view and can be inserted into succeeding threads.
The only problem using the file manager on this site is you will eventually run out of space and have to delete a picture to upload more. Once you delete it from the file manager, it will no longer be seen in your old post and will not be available to use again without uploading it again. Picasa and photobucket have pretty much unlimited space if you upload your pictures at a size recommended for website sharing. They will always show up in old posts as long as they are in the same album they were uploaded to.Geek
You have raised some valid points.  I have some tractor pics on Photobucket but they are not well organized and I don't remember where I have attached them to threads and now I am reluctant to move them into specific albums since they might disappear from useful threads.  Some pics I entered on other forums get accessed years later.

As I recall, I have to do some size reduction to get most pics entered onto Photobucket, so that issue is already dealt with to some extent before exporting them to a discussion forum.  If uploading directly to Unofficial Allis, by reducing file size from 2000 KB to 500 KB, I automatically create space for 4 times as many pics in my Allocated Personal Space.

Regarding old threads, I quit bookmarking Unofficial Allis threads when all of my links went dead before and after the transition to the new format.  But, now I see that we have over 2 1/2 years and nearly 1100 pages of historical threads.  A lot of the threads on this forum are of a more personal or general interest nature, rather than being technical.  How much history do you think will ultimately remain available to us?  Do you think that it will be limited at some point?

I am going to give your advice some more thought.

Thanks,
stu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic