This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my buddy MEL...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my buddy MEL...
    Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 9:37pm
must be extremely busy making $$$$, or he's p*ssed at me? ain't seen him on here for awhile...
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 6:41pm
I don't know if Mel and his brother want the work but Cal Fire has been hiring a lot of extra dozers. This last week 3 fires over 30,000 acres all burning at the same time. As well as after the extra rain they could be way behind on installing septic systems. 

So even if Mel is real Angry at you Dude hope he is not mad at the rest of us.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:57am
maybe they are out there gittin them AC dozers all smokey?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:15pm
CA prolly has a regulation that prohibits working on forest fire sites, with dozers, that put out emissions...
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:17pm
Have not heard of them really doing that Dave,but they kind or do anyway. Like with government cost plus jobs they always pay by how new the equipment was. As you all know new machines produce moreWink work. 

Had a super fund clean up of a mercury mine the contractor was offered to move material by local guys that ran older equipment,when contractor found they didn't have the latest models he had no interest. Rented brand new equipment,cost plus.  Thumbs Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 12:40pm
goes to prove....there are dumb azz's and then there are DUMB A$$'S! lol i'll bet CA don't filter all that smoke caused by the fires they have all the time, and do all them jets and planes and helicopters have emission control on them?
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:15pm
Yeahhhh.... To Shameless's first comment....Yep... still waitin for that picture?
  So yes... We've been on a fire assignment..In our back yard...1 water truck....our fire dozer (not an AC) D5NXL...1 day dozer...3 days water truck....more fun than delivering septic tanks...10 minutes from our headquarters....back to real day job now (no structures lost....1000 acres...started from pickup catching on fire on main HWY)

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 12:26am
Maybe someone on the way back west from Hutch will stop in and snap a picture......
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 1:28am
you'll just use my pic for a dart board!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:20pm
Well don't give us such good ideas. 
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 10:06pm
I was actually thinking about hanging your picture in my office, but then I remembered I retired June 30th. Darn memory anyway. Guys -- Don't retire in the summer time, if you have the opportunity, do it in early spring when it ain't so darn hot!!! After working in an air conditioned office for 11 years, it is taking some time to get used to ol Sol again. Anybody here thinking about signing up for social security--- get some professional advice, don't just walk into the office and sign up. I did, found out later the old gal could have signed up differently and took home a lot more bucks.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 11:26pm
I wished I had signed up for it right away...as it is right now, i'd hafta live another 33 years to catch up to what I lost by waiting for more a month
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic