This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Music for Us well seasoned AC Gentlemen!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music for Us well seasoned AC Gentlemen!
    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 6:05pm
[TUBE]aLd456LRUqk[/TUBE]
Sponsored Links

nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 6:53pm
[TUBE]H7sqwRafFAc[/TUBE]
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 9:41pm
i looked, and i looked...i don't see no gentlemen here!
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 10:32pm
That's the same reason Jesus wasn't born in West Virginia. They couldn't find                   three wise men and a virgin anywhere.                      
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

i looked, and i looked...i don't see no gentlemen here!

That's prolly cause you spent so much time checking out all them tap dancers,,,,(like me,,,,)LOL
 But,,,,I did like when they sang the tear jerker,,Yesterday,,,,,Wink
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 6:55am
I remember Mitch. Played the oboe and I think the bassoon. My folks watched.....so we watched. Didn't have much choice......one TV and only 3 channels to pick from. In the winter, when it gets dark at 5 and you go to bed an 9 or 10.......you got 2 to 3 hours to fill......and if starved for entertainment, will watch about anything. Including Lawrence Welk.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 8:39am
We used to refer to the Mitch Miller Show as Itch with Mitch.
Coke View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

I remember Mitch. Played the oboe and I think the bassoon. My folks watched.....so we watched. Didn't have much choice......one TV and only 3 channels to pick from. In the winter, when it gets dark at 5 and you go to bed an 9 or 10.......you got 2 to 3 hours to fill......and if starved for entertainment, will watch about anything.
Yeah me too, being a kid in the 80's was tough.Clap
1957 D17 Diesel w/ M&W Pistons
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 12:07pm
80's? I was thinking 60's......

Was also trying to remember when the alphabet networks went through that musical talent on TV phase. The ones I remember were Johnny Cash; Glen Campbell; Sonny and Cher, etc. Mostly one hour variety shows. Them and their guests.

Trying to remember who they all were.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 12:30pm
Bobbie Gentry.......yikes.....she was pretty hot.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 12:34pm
Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell sisters?

Not just a pretty face......they could sing and play instruments as well.
Coke View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

80's? I was thinking 60's......

Was also trying to remember when the alphabet networks went through that musical talent on TV phase. The ones I remember were Johnny Cash; Glen Campbell; Sonny and Cher, etc. Mostly one hour variety shows. Them and their guests.

Trying to remember who they all were.

Shall we compromise and say 70's thenWink

Our 4th channel didn't come along until the 80's tho', and I also remember getting our first color TV, and getting a phone installed in the house.
1957 D17 Diesel w/ M&W Pistons
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 2:03pm
My grandmother had the 1st color set in our neighborhood....again....60's. Three of us and three cousins would go up the road to grandma's house to watch Disney's Wonderful World of Color in color.........Sunday at 6 PM. And then the argument would start.......they always got to watch Star Trek.....so we always went home.

Doesn't exactly count as a music variety show, but who can forget Hee Haw?

I have trouble imagining how things went back stage with Minnie Pearl and a scantily clad Barbi Benton operating on the same set.

Edited by modirt - 04 Nov 2020 at 2:05pm
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 3:01pm
Here is another one......The Andy Williams Show......which begat a spinoff in the form of the Osmonds.......and later the Donnie and Marie show.

Towards the end, Andy Williams was kick'n it in Branson at the Moon River Theater. Saw him on TV once and it looked like he had so many facelifts.....his face was as tight as a snare drum. I thought if you had dropped a quarter on his cheek, quarter would have bounced 20 feet.

And now that I think of Branson, lets lot forget Tony Orlando and Dawn. He was on TV too.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 3:08pm
Liberace.....Engelbert Humperdinck.....Dean Martin? They all had TV shows.

In the era, Dean Martin would weave in a mention of Engelbert Humperdinck more often than Sean Hannity mentions dossier.

Edited by modirt - 04 Nov 2020 at 3:08pm
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 8:40am
Perry Como and Danny Kaye? 

We really were starved for entertainment.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 9:18am
Bing Crosby 
Now I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas, is going on in my head.

Dusty  
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic