This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Music Era ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music Era ??
    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 7:44pm
What's your favorite "ERA" of  radio (FM) music ?? Our local FM  station plays nothing but '80's  music from 5 pm Friday until 11:59 Sunday night.  IMO, there's NO better music Big smileBig smile  !!
Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 11:00pm
every radio station i can get plays the same twenty 70s 80s rock songs over and over twenty four seven.  i get one am country station that plays 60s , 70s  but it does not come in good much.  i like it all from the big band era , all the doo wap 50s , 60s  and classical.  i am  just about to get a cd player and start getting those time life collections for the shop and house .  and i can only take so much talk radio
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 12:19am
For me, it’s the mid 60’s to early 90’s classic rock.
Pink Floyd, The Moody Blues, Led Zepplin, Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne
I do listen to a lot of talk radio during the day, for me it’s a lot better than having music on in the office, and the shop.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 6:36am
I pretty well listen to anything except Rap or the Bass thump thunp Beat crap. 50,s to 90’s rock and country, big bands of the 40s. Can listen awhile to concert series old music from the classical composers, not all is music to my ears.

Radio stations around here suck, as noted play the same lists over to death, satellite has its days but ends up similarly as DJs tend to repeat their own playlists as can.
I do play CDs or just switch all the shat off and listen to the world noises.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:01am
    I miss the 60s & 70s when country music was country, when I was on the road always like WSM and the Grand Old Opery
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:08am
When I think 80’s I think boy George sting and Mikey Jackson. I won’t let my ears hear that crap.
Like some of the new red dirt/ outlaw stuff or old country.
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:47am
My favorite radio era is late 80's to early to mid 90's Alternative before the suits figured out that they could make money from Alternative and along came a bunch of music that I would classify as "Corporate Alternative". I like all sorts of music though. My Pandora account has everything from Gregorian chant to classical to Americana to blues to jazz to country to pop to rock to metal. Old and new.   
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

When I think 80’s I think boy George sting and Mikey Jackson. I won’t let my ears hear that crap.

You’re right, that’s crap!

But then I think of Guns N’ Roses, Def Leppard, queensryche, Judas Priest, Dio, Ozzy, Iron Maiden…..
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 1:29pm
Southern fried rock,& country from the 50s through the 80s
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 6:05pm
Classic rock late 60's - 80's
I don't know what to make some of this newer jungle jam some of these people listen too.
Seems that it's how much BS can be spewed without taking a breath. Doesn't even have to make sense it seems, not to me anyway.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:39pm
Thanks for the replies !!!  Sadly, I'd rather listen to Boy George than ANY Hendrix abomnination of a song, ESPECILLIAY his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner Clap !!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 6:46am
DD I have a request for where’s the dress. Please
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:06am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Thanks for the replies !!!  Sadly, I'd rather listen to Boy George than ANY Hendrix abomnination of a song, ESPECILLIAY his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner Clap !!!

Wow.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:32am

I know taste in music is subjective, BUT.   Boy George, egad!!
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

You’re right, that’s crap!

But then I think of Guns N’ Roses, Def Leppard, queensryche, Judas Priest, Dio, Ozzy, Iron Maiden…..

The big hair bands in the 80's killed it.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:48am
Hendrix was 101st Airborne. Boy George??? In his day, they “asked”!
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 11:03am
@FREEDGUY; Really? You'd rather hear Karma Chameleon than Voodoo Chile? Okay. The heart wants what it wants.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by JTOOL JTOOL wrote:

@FREEDGUY; Really? You'd rather hear Karma Chameleon than Voodoo Chile? Okay. The heart wants what it wants.
YES SIR (Ma'M) !!! 
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:54pm

Hendrix died from drugs I believe, I think Boy George is still breathing Confused ?? Hendrix music was/is HIDEOUS IMO Smile Confused
What does the 101 have to do with music BTW ConfusedOuch ??

Edited by FREEDGUY - 12 Sep 2021 at 5:57pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 6:08pm

DD I have a request for where’s the dress. Please

Your wish...

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:32pm

Hendrix died from drugs I believe, I think Boy George is still breathing Confused ?? Hendrix music was/is HIDEOUS IMO Smile Confused

I figured the comparison would lose you, but don’t care.

All I can say, if you’re going to judge musicians on drugs, you won’t be listening to much of any genre of any era.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 9:12pm

All I can say, if you’re going to judge musicians on drugs, you won’t be listening to much of any genre of any era.

On the drugs issue, you got that right! Years ago, I worked with a fella that at one time was a motor coach driver for music promoter. He generally drove for the CW acts, not big names, but usually the ‘opening acts’. He claimed the rockers couldn’t hold a candle to the raunchy, debotchery, filthy, disgusting, female country music bands. He said the booze, drugs, orgies, was absolutely unreal.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 10:18pm
what's wrong with Dolly Parton?
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 9:13am
Country music only I have sirius in both my vehicles and they are on Willie's Roadhouse
alan-nj View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan-nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 11:23am
40's big band and swing
If ignorance is bliss, than happy days are here again.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 5:57pm
Not much use for boys in spandex.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Wayne180d Wayne180d wrote:

Country music only I have sirius in both my vehicles and they are on Willie's Roadhouse
OMG ConfusedOuch !!
Country Music DIED in the early '80's with ALABAMA ClapClap !!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

what's wrong with Dolly Parton?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING Big smileSmile !! 
The Dolly, Alabama, Hank JR. era of country music was PRICELESS over the airwaves ClapClap
It's nothing more than hip hop noise with the artist holding their nose shut "attempting" to get a "country 'twang" IMO Smile

Edited by FREEDGUY - 13 Sep 2021 at 6:41pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 6:29pm

You are WRONG !!!  Sadly, I STILL hear HORRIBLE screeching from Hendrix on the local "CLASSIC ROCK" station "here" Cry !!
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 9:45pm
Skip a couple days of beer & buy a better radio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic