This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Mounting" a B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Mounting" a B
    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 6:36am
Buy a step from Mike Noonan.  He is a member here and has some really nice steps.
AaronSEIA
Sponsored Links

HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 12:55pm
Mower deck, to bar where the pedals mount, turn and sit down in the seat.

It never occurred to me to go over the back....and it still hasn’t.
1951 B
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 7:50am
I use a step, just like in Dicks picture.............. and I have a mower deck below it.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 4:16am
I've posted about this in the past. Bought a completely rebuilt and restored 1947 B W/ a Woods belly mower at a sale for $850 . Rear tires still had the Size on the lugs. I was born in '47 and Grandpa had one so I thought I had a keeper and light to haul to shows. One year of getting on and off was enough. Sold for $1750 and that young guy got a buy.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 1:09am
I guess the C  we had was outfitted with an axle extension.  I stepped on the drawbar, then between the fender and the tire on the left side, and then over into the seat.  I could probably still get on that C the way it's setup.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 10:19pm
I step onto the drawbar and then up and over. Don’t have one of those front steps but can see how they’d be helpful
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 9:20pm
I have the step like the pic Dick posted.   Makes it a lot easier to get into the seat.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 8:13pm
I always call these young folks tractors, just for this reason! When I was young I would get on over the clutch pedal as you say (with no step) and then pivot around the steering wheel and set down in the same motion. I want a CA, but realize that they too, are not the easiest to get on and off of! Still want one!
Have fun with your B. Snorty little tractors aren't they?:)
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 28 Jul 2019 at 8:11am
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 6:09pm
The allis step looked like a u shaped strap hanging down from the foot rest under the clutch.I no longer have one it went with my C     you just step in the strap with your right foot left foot on the foot rest right foot on the axle turn around and sit down. I have a belly mower on my CA so Iuse ot as myfirst step.
wade89 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wade89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 5:14pm
I have something similar to what Dick posted but its a U shape like a stirrup and about a foot wide.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 4:01pm
When I was able to lift my body by stepping up on something I used these.

Now I put my right heel on the drawbar on the right side and work my rear up the tire to the seat. I then slide over on the seat and pull my left leg under the steering wheel. I took the right fender off for my comfort.
fleeter allis fan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fleeter allis fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 2:51pm
Hello. This should be an easy one but can anyone tell me the "proper" and easiest way of climbing onto a B? I find that with the wide bench seat and the high back rest, it is not as easy as it seems.
I usually put my right foot on the drawbar and swing my left foot up and over the fender and step on the axel. Then I swing my right foot up and over the seat back to the other side of the axel and settle onto the seat. I have also tried to climb up from the side near the clutch but I am a bit vertically challenged for that. I have seen pictures of an aftermarket (or home fabricated) step that bolts on the frame near the clutch to make the side access easier.

Any B experts with any thoughts? Thanks. Rusty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic