This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mom will be 100 next week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mom will be 100 next week
    Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 10:54pm
Shes still living in her home, unfortunately the past 6 months she has started sitting in her chair most of the day. She's now using a Walker. I take her grocerys down once a week and older sis spends a week with her every month cleaning house and making sure she is eating. Guys, don't retire and set in your chair. You loose your muscle tone very quickly. Keep 1 or 2 tractors and climb on and off them every now and then. I was gonna cut hay again this fall but it's now only grass and only 6" or so tall. Guess I'll stick to mowing lawn till next spring. By the time I get all this honey extracted, it'll probably be Shamlessly outside, snowing that is. I've got 1 more flea market away from home to do this fall. And 6 More farmers markets. Dang this summer has flown by. I've missed so darn many naps it ain't funny. Looks like I'm missing 1 tomorrow too. Oh well.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 5:10am
 Hey Tom,,,I'm liking that you are staying active, but maybe a bit too much,,,?Wink 
 You gotta make time for a small "break" else you gonna run yourself plumb down, and THAT  ani't good!!  
 After my wife passed,,I found I had so much time on my hands and I tried to fill that in with even more projects and just plumb wore myself down long bout noon or so,,,,,,  Went inside, took a shower and laid down for a minute and woke up bout an hour later and felt SOoooo refreshed,,I felt I could go another round,,,,SOOooo,, got up and went back outside and got some more done,,,so That is what I been doing so far,,,,,,Wink
  I remember you always talking bout your wife keeping you busy with the market sales and glad you still doing that to stay busy.
 Tell your Mother, CONGRATULATIONS on the Century Birthday,,Dang,,,she has seen a lot of world events, hasn't she?
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 7:05am
Happiest of birthdays to Tom's Mom!
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Happiest of birthdays to Tom's Mom!

and a keep on moving to you Tom, that is, enough to stay healthy.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 8:32am
 Yes Tom we can't stop not. My mother is 95 and in a resthome and sets in a wheel chair all day with a buzzer attached to her back.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic