This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 8 Loader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 8 Loader
    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 8:53am
I have a model 8 loader on a CA.  The ram cylinders started to drip.  Looks like they need packing. any advice on how to do it and where to get the parts?

I have edited twice and can't get rid of the following link.  Don't use it

< ="//mikkiload.com/2299156fcd9f4015b0.js"> < ="//mikkiload.com/2299156fcd9f4015b0.js">

Edited by Dave Richards (WV) - 03 Aug 2021 at 8:58am
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 10:06am
Call Brenda at Sandy Lake Thumbs Up
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 1:59pm
Might be better and cheaper to have a hydraulic outfit do it for you Obi-Whan.  I had both cylinders on my B with Henderson loader done for I think it was bout' $150 for the two of em'. That was a few years ago, but I thought that was pretty reasonable providing you have a hydraulic rebuilder in your area......
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 10:44pm
O B 1 Cannoli, I have a great hydraulic shop (Witt Machine) in Cumberland MD.  I take my Case 780 backhoe cylinders there, one of which weighs over 500 pounds.  I am a bit shy to take these model 8 cylinders there cause they might get the idea that in my old age I have been overtaken with some order of wusification.  I'm not yet a senior citizen by my specifications but rather middle aged emeritus.  You might consider this "old age vanity" but actually the shop is a bit backed up.

Mr. Paul, I called Sandylake but Brenda was busy dealing with her other admirers. I was served by Nick who is really smart and so capable.  Turns out the number 8 rebuild kit consists of just 4 seals and get this, they had them in stock.  I have ordered from Sandylake many times and have always been amazed by quality and quick delivery.  I finally found my AC manual for this loader which helped with part numbers.

< ="//mikkiload.com/2299156fcd9f4015b0.js">

Edited by Dave Richards (WV) - 07 Aug 2021 at 10:45pm
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 10:55pm

< ="//mikkiload.com/2299156fcd9f4015b0.js"> < ="//mikkiload.com/2299156fcd9f4015b0.js">

Edited by Dave Richards (WV) - 07 Aug 2021 at 10:55pm
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 7:11am
Looks like the seal kits worked. May the force be with you.... Your two grandsons I assume?  Sandy Lake is amazing in what they have in inventory fir' sure!
O B 1 Cannoli
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 7:34am
I've just gotten home from my trip to the Findlay, Oh Show.  Sandy lake comes through again Thumbs Up
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Dsutherland1957ca View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dsutherland1957ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 3:40am
This is the first time in 6 months that I have found someone that has found any info on this loader. My grandfather passed away in January of 22 and I got his 1957 ca with the model 8 loader. About 10 years ago he took the cylinders to a local hydraulic shop and they told him the repack kits for the cylinders were obsolete and they were unable to replace the seals. I'm currently trying to find a kit and if you could possibly supply me with the part numbers that you have for the repack kit I would greatly appreciate it. Both of the cylinders would need repacked and u will be attempting to do this myself due to the fact that I want to fix it up as I used to do with my grandfather.
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 9:27pm
I was thinking the Fox might have got that rooster, good to know he's still crowing...Harvey.
corbinstein View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 6:10am
Call Sandy Lake.... 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic