This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michigan
    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:41pm
Is going into lockdown at midnight tonight.  It should be interesting, especially the cities with the homeless people!  No one is supposed to be out or the cops can stop you.  I guess they'll have to take folks to jail!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:48pm
I received the alert on my phone 12 minutes ago Unhappy. Seems like Indiana will be following shortly.
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 9:15pm
So would this include Township Meetings?? Mine is still holding a public hearing on a Solar Panel Ordinance that is quite an issue around me. I don't have an opinion one way or another but like to attend to stay informed. 
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by steelwheelAcjim steelwheelAcjim wrote:

So would this include Township Meetings?? Mine is still holding a public hearing on a Solar Panel Ordinance that is quite an issue around me. I don't have an opinion one way or another but like to attend to stay informed. 

When is the meeting? Will there be more than 10 people in a confined area? I can't believe your meeting hasn't been postponed/canceled already.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

When is the meeting? Will there be more than 10 people in a confined area? I can't believe your meeting hasn't been postponed/canceled already.

March 24th   7:00 pm. We've been averaging 30-50 people in previous meetings. I voiced a complaint, just to be told to maintain social distancing. I feel like calling our local Sheriff.

I should ad that this is not a regularly scheduled meeting. This was a specially called meeting.

Edited by steelwheelAcjim - 23 Mar 2020 at 9:30pm
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:35am

Michigan ranks 47th out of the 48 Continental States. So why take up good farm land for solar panels?

Benton Township Eaton County MI. is in the process of going Charter so we can stop this now.
Going Charter did pass at the recent Primary Election.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
NICKMI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICKMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

Michigan ranks 47th out of the 48 Continental States. So why take up good farm land for solar panels?

Benton Township Eaton County MI. is in the process of going Charter so we can stop this now.
Going Charter did pass at the recent Primary Election.

Dusty

Probably because the panels pay better per acre than crops do would be my guess
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:40am
Just seen an advanced copy of the meeting agenda. Apparently the ordinance discussion is suspended, but this years road projects and a salary increase for the clerk will be discussed instead.
In the time of a stay at home order, they only seem to want to line their pockets.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:58am
Well ---here in IL, our fat azzed governor did that a week ago AND more traffic than ever on the roads!---ALL of the thieves are now out stealing  everything in sight, and cops wont touch them ---- Be prepared to defend your property! As for everybody around here, NONE of us are going to obey fat azz!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:18pm
I've found in our township when they have these meetings, the board has already decided how they are going to vote.  Whatever the people say at the meeting has no bearing on the final vote.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:04pm
Solar pays out the yanger per acre!! ---BUT you have to be within 1 1/2 to 2 miles of transmission out line and sub-station. ---Ya they wanted to do that on sis's farm--til they found out Com-Ed wouldnt let them hook up, --- stopped that deal dead---she had already signed up and they were moving into the second phase, when Com-Ed decided their lines wouldnt handle the extra load.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:28pm
Yep been that way for quite some time. Since a neighborhood forum started up these council members and elected officials are getting heat and know that they might not get votes as neighbors hoods are joining up together in solidarity.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 5:14pm

Just seen an advanced copy of the meeting agenda. Apparently the ordinance discussion is suspended, but this years road projects and a salary increase for the clerk will be discussed instead.
In the time of a stay at home order, they only seem to want to line their pockets.

DING DING DING DING !!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 5:47pm
I"m Going. Mask in hand. Public comment time ought to get interesting!!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 6:08pm
STEEL, what happened at the meeting last night?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:02pm

Got there. Before the meeting started i voiced my objection to the meeting taking place. Was told i could make my peace known in the public comment time allowed AFTER ALL BUSINESS WAS CONDUCTED NEAR THE END OF THE MEETING

Here is what they did...pay attention now:
1.Approved spending $45,000 to fix a one-lane road that is only a mile long with 2 houses on it.
2. Raised the Clerks salary by $2000.
3.Cancelled any Solar Ordinance meetings until further notice.
4. Discussed if they should cancel their next regular monthly meeting April 14. No action taken.
5. Discussed millage proposals to place in the August primary election ballot.

Remember...this was a specially called meeting.

So in Public Comment, i voiced my concern over the fact this meeting was held during a Stay Home order from the Governor. I asked how any of this is helping to keep me and other residents safe, or helping stop the spread of  the COVID-19 virus?

I was told if i didn't like it, i should have stayed home. I was further told that the board had this meeting scheduled before the Stay Home order so that didn't apply to them.

Needless to say i got pi$$ed and cut loose on them for potentially putting me and the others there at risk for exposure. They should have known better. All other surrounding municipalities canceled meetings.

They didn't seem to care and adjourned the meeting after i sat down. 

I wish i could turn them in to some higher authority, but fear that they will justify the meeting. Oh well.

klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:38am
Steel,sounds like your Township Board has another virus the Power Virus! Just keep talking to your fellow citizens and remind them of your Boards actions and try finding good persons to run for the board.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:47am
wow, here 'City Hall' IS shutdown...only ESSENTIAL services being done. Garbage pickup, yes.... bldg permits,no. Got a fine to pay..it's deffered(later when CH reopens),no penalty.

sounds like your city defied state orders.....
glad you went, said something, THAT should be on record.......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:32am
Well ---here in IL, our fat azzed governor

dang ac, you just ruined my breakfast.  Tongue

I just cannot believe that WE elected that big boy.  Confused
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:37am
Dave, "WE" didnt elect that fat clown.... Dupage and Cook County elected him... The other 102 Counties KNOW BETTER !!  South of I 80 i doubt he got much support ! ... Chitcago strikes again !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:51am
Same here in Michigan. 13 counties elected the Governor, Lt Governor, Attorney General and Secretary of State! Out of 83 counties voting. And while campaigning she pledged to fix the damn roads gets elected and wants 45 cents a gallon gas tax! Since the legislature shot that down she has bonded over 2 billion dollars to be spent on roads in southeastern Michigan which just happens to be most of the counties that voted for her!
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:01pm
Sorry!--didn't mean to ruin your breakfast! lol!
We need to start diggin a channel around cook county and push it off into lake michigan!
Ya them 2 counties rule , and us poor bastards down here suffer for it.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 5:21pm

Got there. Before the meeting started i voiced my objection to the meeting taking place. Was told i could make my peace known in the public comment time allowed AFTER ALL BUSINESS WAS CONDUCTED NEAR THE END OF THE MEETING

Here is what they did...pay attention now:
1.Approved spending $45,000 to fix a one-lane road that is only a mile long with 2 houses on it.
2. Raised the Clerks salary by $2000.
3.Cancelled any Solar Ordinance meetings until further notice.
4. Discussed if they should cancel their next regular monthly meeting April 14. No action taken.
5. Discussed millage proposals to place in the August primary election ballot.

Remember...this was a specially called meeting.

So in Public Comment, i voiced my concern over the fact this meeting was held during a Stay Home order from the Governor. I asked how any of this is helping to keep me and other residents safe, or helping stop the spread of  the COVID-19 virus?

I was told if i didn't like it, i should have stayed home. I was further told that the board had this meeting scheduled before the Stay Home order so that didn't apply to them.

Needless to say i got pi$$ed and cut loose on them for potentially putting me and the others there at risk for exposure. They should have known better. All other surrounding municipalities canceled meetings.

They didn't seem to care and adjourned the meeting after i sat down. 

I wish i could turn them in to some higher authority, but fear that they will justify the meeting. Oh well.

Sadly, you did all that you could do Smile. Kudos to you for asking ?? to the bas%^*#s !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic